Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest TheGreatBeardo

What makes people so confident that Ashley would bin Kinnear? He obviously believes in the deluded old c*** to involve him (twice) in the first place. Nobody else in world football would.

Is it really JK's ability he believes in though? Or does he value loyalty over ability? I kind of got the impression that there was a possibility that Mike thought Pards and Dekka were a bit too close, maybe JK is just there because mike thinks he can trust him to be dutiful. That's my hope anyway.

Feels like the pressure is really mounting up. All this talk of him making massive changes sound like a man who's run out of ideas and, as a consequence, patience. It is hard with the mystery in football, perhaps the players just aren't listening to him, hence why we get Jekyll/Hyde performances like Everton and Villa. Problem is, that's even worse than him being tactically crap.

Pardew has been closer to a cup directing a poor team than anyone we've a chance with.

This is why he's here.

This is why we will all be bathing in the blood of our enemies come May.

/slightly drunk.

Was with you all the way and looking forward to May - but that last bit just killed my optimism tbh.  :lol:

I'm not particularly good at my job. Might go in and offer to resign tomorrow #IntegrityPoints

Aye, that's totally the same thing.

Come on man, that's just point scoring to a ridiculous degree.  Are you saying you held no resentment towards the likes of Souness who held on for their pay-off?

I'm not particularly good at my job. Might go in and offer to resign tomorrow #IntegrityPoints

Aye, that's totally the same thing.

Come on man, that's just point scoring to a ridiculous degree.  Are you saying you held no resentment towards the likes of Souness who held on for their pay-off?

Quite similar like. Who on earth is going to resign from the best job they're ever likely to get man?

Resented Souness for being a shite manager, can't remember being concerned about pay-offs etc. We were the daft bastards who gave him the contract.

Hate Pardew, fair enough, but be realistic. Pardew is hardly going to say to his wife, 'aye, soz pet for walking away from that outrageous wage, but mick on the Internet questioned my integrity'.

Quite similar like. Who on earth is going to resign from the best job they're ever likely to get man?

Resented Souness for being a s**** manager, can't remember being concerned about pay-offs etc. We were the daft b******s who gave him the contract.

Hate Pardew, fair enough, but be realistic. Pardew is hardly going to say to his wife, 'aye, soz pet for walking away from that outrageous wage, but mick on the Internet questioned my integrity'.

Does anybody expect Pardew to resign because of something posted on here?

Have a word with yourself.

Resented Souness for being a s**** manager, can't remember being concerned about pay-offs etc. We were the daft b******s who gave him the contract.

Does anybody expect Pardew to resign because of something posted on here?

Have a word with yourself.

I don't know what it is you expect. Every manager performing below expectations to walk away from their job to save face? Ok.

Am I the only one that doesn't subscribe to the often floated theory of:

"No manager will work under Ashley/Kinnear"?

depends, some will work under Ashley, considerably less (ie next to none imho and no one of any actual talent) will agree to work with Kinnear in charge of "recruitment"

Most teams on the continent use a DOF system though and i doubt many on the continent have ever heard the name Joe Kinnear.

I just feel it's overblown that's all.

A manager can further both his career and his bank balance at NUFC.

they can do some basic research before taking the role and discover what a moron he is and change their mind, or just spend 5 minutes talking to him to find out.

And Ashley won't appoint any continental manager.

How would you happen to know this?

precedent he hasn't before and its hard to see him starting now, it will either be JFK or one of JFK's mates

If you are prepared to accept 'precedent' as the rule of thumb in this case, how come you don't do the same when looking at Pardew's performances at previous clubs..?

Edit - and forget about the CL victory for RDM. I had just as much to do with that as he did.

That's rubbish, they were virtually out of the CL before he took over, I'm sure they were 3-1 down from the first leg.

If anything, I'll give him 'new manager' bounce/influence. A very lucky victory that, ultimately, still didn't even convince the owner that he was capable.

So you are prepared to 'give him' a new manager bounce and say things like 'I had as much to do with it as him'...

You are wasted on here...go and ask the board at Man U if you can replace Moyes,,,,I'm sure they'll snap your hand off with credentials like this....

We know that Ashley was stupid enough to give Pardew an Eight year contract, and the general consensus is that they were also stupid enough to not include any get out clauses for the club, otherwise Pardew would have been long gone by now I'm sure. Having to pay Pardew for the rest of his contract if he's sacked, obviously adds up to a lot of money and Ashley doesn't want to pay it, despite the fact that keeping Pardew as manager is hurting us badly. Equally there is no way Pardew will resign as presumably he'd lose out on the 6 years or whatever he has left on his contract.

So we have a stand off with JFK brought in to try and break the status quo one way or the other. In the meanwhile we continue to stagnate and go nowhere.

We know that Ashley was stupid enough to give Pardew an Eight year contract, and the general consensus is that they were also stupid enough to not include any get out clauses for the club, otherwise Pardew would have been long gone by now I'm sure. Having to pay Pardew for the rest of his contract if he's sacked, obviously adds up to a lot of money and Ashley doesn't want to pay it, despite the fact that keeping Pardew as manager is hurting us badly. Equally there is no way Pardew will resign as presumably he'd lose out on the 6 years or whatever he has left on his contract.

So we have a stand off with JFK brought in to try and break the status quo one way or the other. In the meanwhile we continue to stagnate and go nowhere.

We have been stagnating before JFK showed up.

depends, some will work under Ashley, considerably less (ie next to none imho and no one of any actual talent) will agree to work with Kinnear in charge of "recruitment"

Most teams on the continent use a DOF system though and i doubt many on the continent have ever heard the name Joe Kinnear.

they can do some basic research before taking the role and discover what a moron he is and change their mind, or just spend 5 minutes talking to him to find out.

precedent he hasn't before and its hard to see him starting now, it will either be JFK or one of JFK's mates

If you are prepared to accept 'precedent' as the rule of thumb in this case, how come you don't do the same when looking at Pardew's performances at previous clubs..?

I'm judging him solely on his time here not what he did elsewhere (where I don't know the full circumstances of what went on) and for me he's at neutral overall 1 excellent season one very poor season. Also since I am of the full belief that JFK is the almost 100% nailed on eventual replacement I am in no hurry to see him leave with that grim prospect on the horizon.

I'm judging him solely on his time here not what he did elsewhere (where I don't know the full circumstances of what went on) and for me he's at neutral overall 1 excellent season one very poor season. Also since I am of the full belief that JFK is the almost 100% nailed on eventual replacement I am in no hurry to see him leave with that grim prospect on the horizon.

And what's your opinion of this season so far, what about over the last 3 years our players have all gone backwards in terms of performance, or the lack of an established formation/system, surely 3 years is long enough to have foundations set.

Forget what he did in that season we finished 5th or last season, look at how we have developed as a whole and we just haven't.

I don't buy into that. I would imagine big Mike would have more than covered himself, if not I`m sure his lawyers would have insisted on it.

No, my reasoning as to why he`s still here is on the lines of:

- Partridge would be the classic "turkey voting for Xmas" if he walked.

- Ashley`s reputation  / ego would undoubtedly take a big hit were his judgment seen to be so poor (Though I`m not sure how much of a fuck he gives about that mind.)

I don't buy into that. I would imagine big Mike would have more than covered himself, if not I`m sure his lawyers would have insisted on it.

No, my reasoning as to why he`s still here is on the lines of:

- Partridge would be the classic "turkey voting for Xmas" if he walked.

- Ashley`s reputation  / ego would undoubtedly take a big hit were his judgment seen to be so poor (Though I`m not sure how much of a fuck he gives about that mind.)

It's possible he just decided to give Pardew more time, earned by finishing 5th.