Alan Pardew

Mike

Now some are reasoning that he shouldn't get more time (like Fergy once did) because he didn't win anything before he came here.

You mean like what Dalglish, Gullit and Souness had ?  :idiot2:

Personally I'm not sure where I stand regarding his departure. The way some are clamouring for his head instantly you'd think Mourinho or AVB was waiting in the wings to come in, but the reality is that we'll most likely just stumble into another appointment which will split the fans. Let's face it apart from Keegan and SBR no one has had great support from the fans for very long.

On reflection I think I'd give him until the end of the season and possibly the begining of next season with a firm understanding that if there is not a significant upturn in both results and performance levels then it's curtains.

That might as well be one of my posts from February.

Point A: if we sacked him, I still don't think we'd get the right man. Point B: we should give him until Christmas-ish.

It's too late for any of that now. He's taken one of the best squads I can remember to the very cusp of relegation. Persisting with him until Christmas, where we won't have improved but we will have spent more money... it's just pointless. He needs replacing.

There's one key difference between Ashley's previous managerial appointments and future ones.... Graham Carr.

He finally has someone who has contacts in the game and who understands the game to take advice from.

For this reason i'm not worried at all and why i want him out as soon as the as as the final whistle blows against Arsenal and a search conducted for a replacement ASAP.

There's one key difference between Ashley's previous managerial appointments and future ones.... Graham Carr.

He finally has someone who has contacts in the game and who understands the game to take advice from.

For this reason i'm not worried at all and why i want him out as soon as the as as the final whistle blows against Arsenal and a search conducted for a replacement ASAP.

:thup:

Now some are reasoning that he shouldn't get more time (like Fergy once did) because he didn't win anything before he came here.

You mean like what Dalglish, Gullit and Souness had ?  :idiot2:

Personally I'm not sure where I stand regarding his departure. The way some are clamouring for his head instantly you'd think Mourinho or AVB was waiting in the wings to come in, but the reality is that we'll most likely just stumble into another appointment which will split the fans. Let's face it apart from Keegan and SBR no one has had great support from the fans for very long.

On reflection I think I'd give him until the end of the season and possibly the begining of next season with a firm understanding that if there is not a significant upturn in both results and performance levels then it's curtains.

That might as well be one of my posts from February.

Point A: if we sacked him, I still don't think we'd get the right man. Point B: we should give him until Christmas-ish.

It's too late for any of that now. He's taken one of the best squads I can remember to the very cusp of relegation. Persisting with him until Christmas, where we won't have improved but we will have spent more money... it's just pointless. He needs replacing.

Not really, main point is that they will not fire him until a replacement is lined up, and not knowing which division we'll be playing in next season  makes that very difficult.

May be that they're working on a replacement already with contingincies in case the worst should happen.

Every day I read this thread and all the arguments and counter arguments about Pardew and whether or not he should be given more time, more support, more chances or whatever and all are ridiculous! How sane and reasoned people can argue that this man is anything other than a yes man that comes across well in press conferences and satiates the media with interviews and soundbites is beyond me, he has the persona of wanting to be every ones best mate whether it's them in the boardroom, the media or just a normal guy on the street - Pardew wants to be liked. The fact of the matter is that he's completely useless at this level and with this amount of responsibility, despite all the vitriol (a lot of it justified) the Ashley regime has had directed towards them they have managed to assemble a very talented and potentially exciting squad which has had all flair, confidence and coherence drilled out of it by Pardew and his anti-tactics. These players for the most part have been sourced by Carr and his support staff and they have rightly received widespread praise, however think about those that Pardew has signed and Obertan springs to mind, someone that was recommended to him by Manure, because I'm sure they'd want to do us (just a small club from the north east) a favour in giving us a good player, if Pardew had any sense he could see that the lad wasn't cut out for the Premier League. Yes Pardew won both manager awards last season but that was more through default than any other reason and surely more of a reflection of his contemporaries surprise at our performance in the league. We were still abysmal in the cups. Last season we were playing with confidence and getting lucky a lot of the time, winning bred more confidence and this spurred the players on to ride the crest of the wave with the chance of getting into the top 4 going into the last day of the season. I would argue that very little of this was down to Pardew's coaching methods. Despite this success last year there were still glaring signs and examples that Pardew is tactically inept and incapable of putting a team out that can play with any form of identity and style, winning those awards just masked over the cracks. He's never been a good manager and never will be and those that bought into his pally approach and supposed motivational abilities based on last season are finally seeing him for what he is. I've never liked him as a manager or a person and the sooner we are rid of this goon the better. Regardless of whether or not we get relegated this season Pardew must go and we must move forward with a manager that has some tactical nous and the ability to manage a talented squad.

Apologies for the length of the post but just had to vent.

He's pretty lucky that when he is sacked, that 5th place finish will probably earn him at least one more job at an upper Championship club at least. He would have been on the scrapheap or still at League One/Two level without that.

Whether he is given another go or binned 90 mins after 3pm against Arsenal; he won't improve as a manager imo. Hes stuck in his ways and I think the way he has lost the support of the players (which has clearly happened to some degree) means he has an uphill struggle to say the least.

Every day I read this thread and all the arguments and counter arguments about Pardew and whether or not he should be given more time, more support, more chances or whatever and all are ridiculous! How sane and reasoned people can argue that this man is anything other than a yes man that comes across well in press conferences and satiates the media with interviews and soundbites is beyond me, he has the persona of wanting to be every ones best mate whether it's them in the boardroom, the media or just a normal guy on the street - Pardew wants to be liked.(Paragraph)The fact of the matter is that he's completely useless at this level and with this amount of responsibility, despite all the vitriol (a lot of it justified) the Ashley regime has had directed towards them they have managed to assemble a very talented and potentially exciting squad which has had all flair, confidence and coherence drilled out of it by Pardew and his anti-tactics. These players for the most part have been sourced by Carr and his support staff and they have rightly received widespread praise, however think about those that Pardew has signed and Obertan springs to mind, someone that was recommended to him by Manure, because I'm sure they'd want to do us (just a small club from the north east) a favour in giving us a good player, if Pardew had any sense he could see that the lad wasn't cut out for the Premier League.(Paragraph)Yes Pardew won both manager awards last season but that was more through default than any other reason and surely more of a reflection of his contemporaries surprise at our performance in the league. We were still abysmal in the cups. Last season we were playing with confidence and getting lucky a lot of the time, winning bred more confidence and this spurred the players on to ride the crest of the wave with the chance of getting into the top 4 going into the last day of the season. I would argue that very little of this was down to Pardew's coaching methods. Despite this success last year there were still glaring signs and examples that Pardew is tactically inept and incapable of putting a team out that can play with any form of identity and style, winning those awards just masked over the cracks.(Paragraph)He's never been a good manager and never will be and those that bought into his pally approach and supposed motivational abilities based on last season are finally seeing him for what he is. I've never liked him as a manager or a person and the sooner we are rid of this goon the better. Regardless of whether or not we get relegated this season Pardew must go and we must move forward with a manager that has some tactical nous and the ability to manage a talented squad.

See me.

Every day I read this thread and all the arguments and counter arguments about Pardew and whether or not he should be given more time, more support, more chances or whatever and all are ridiculous!

How sane and reasoned people can argue that this man is anything other than a yes man that comes across well in press conferences and satiates the media with interviews and soundbites is beyond me, he has the persona of wanting to be every ones best mate whether it's them in the boardroom, the media or just a normal guy on the street.

Pardew wants to be liked. The fact of the matter is that he's completely useless at this level and with this amount of responsibility, despite all the vitriol (a lot of it justified) the Ashley regime has had directed towards them they have managed to assemble a very talented and potentially exciting squad which has had all flair, confidence and coherence drilled out of it:Pardew and his anti-tactics.

These players for the most part have been sourced by Carr and his support staff and they have rightly received widespread praise, however think about those that Pardew has signed and Obertan springs to mind, someone that was recommended to him by Manure, because I'm sure they'd want to do us (just a small club from the north east) a favour in giving us a good player, if Pardew had any sense he could see that the lad wasn't cut out for the Premier League.

Yes Pardew won both manager awards last season but that was more through default than any other reason and surely more of a reflection of his contemporaries surprise at our performance in the league. We were still abysmal in the cups. Last season we were playing with confidence and getting lucky a lot of the time, winning bred more confidence and this spurred the players on to ride the crest of the wave with the chance of getting into the top 4 going into the last day of the season.

I would argue that very little of this was down to Pardew's coaching methods. Despite this success last year there were still glaring signs and examples that Pardew is tactically inept and incapable of putting a team out that can play with any form of identity and style, winning those awards just masked over the cracks.

He's never been a good manager and never will be and those that bought into his pally approach and supposed motivational abilities based on last season are finally seeing him for what he is. I've never liked him as a manager or a person and the sooner we are rid of this goon the better.

Regardless of whether or not we get relegated this season Pardew must go and we must move forward with a manager that has some tactical nous and the ability to manage a talented squad.

Fixed.

Every day I read this thread and all the arguments and counter arguments about Pardew and whether or not he should be given more time, more support, more chances or whatever and all are ridiculous!

How sane and reasoned people can argue that this man is anything other than a yes man that comes across well in press conferences and satiates the media with interviews and soundbites is beyond me, he has the persona of wanting to be every ones best mate whether it's them in the boardroom, the media or just a normal guy on the street.

Pardew wants to be liked. The fact of the matter is that he's completely useless at this level and with this amount of responsibility, despite all the vitriol (a lot of it justified) the Ashley regime has had directed towards them they have managed to assemble a very talented and potentially exciting squad which has had all flair, confidence and coherence drilled out of it:Pardew and his anti-tactics.

These players for the most part have been sourced by Carr and his support staff and they have rightly received widespread praise, however think about those that Pardew has signed and Obertan springs to mind, someone that was recommended to him by Manure, because I'm sure they'd want to do us (just a small club from the north east) a favour in giving us a good player, if Pardew had any sense he could see that the lad wasn't cut out for the Premier League.

Yes Pardew won both manager awards last season but that was more through default than any other reason and surely more of a reflection of his contemporaries surprise at our performance in the league. We were still abysmal in the cups. Last season we were playing with confidence and getting lucky a lot of the time, winning bred more confidence and this spurred the players on to ride the crest of the wave with the chance of getting into the top 4 going into the last day of the season.

I would argue that very little of this was down to Pardew's coaching methods. Despite this success last year there were still glaring signs and examples that Pardew is tactically inept and incapable of putting a team out that can play with any form of identity and style, winning those awards just masked over the cracks.

He's never been a good manager and never will be and those that bought into his pally approach and supposed motivational abilities based on last season are finally seeing him for what he is. I've never liked him as a manager or a person and the sooner we are rid of this goon the better.

Regardless of whether or not we get relegated this season Pardew must go and we must move forward with a manager that has some tactical nous and the ability to manage a talented squad.

Fixed.

:D I did say it was a vent, grammar and punctuation weren't high on the list of my priorities

It was a good post.

Stellar paragraphing by you Parky and good of you to take the time out to do it - but that post by tom contained nothing new. It was just a lengthy summary of the anti Pardew element  of the last 166 pages of this thread. Venkman's post earlier today (consisting of one very short sentence) was about as good as it gets on this line of argument.

It was a good post.

Stellar paragraphing by you Parky and good of you to take the time out to do it - but that post by tom contained nothing new. It was just a lengthy summary of the anti Pardew element  of the last 166 pages of this thread. Venkman's post earlier today (consisting of one very short sentence) was about as good as it gets on this line of argument.

Have to agree. At this point it's clear most people have formed an opinion over whether he's beyond hope or deserves another chance. Not much is going to change on that now, better just wait and see what Ashley thinks. And in the meantime pray that we stay up.

Those who believe he deserves another chance, what are your reasons for this? Don't mention stability.

There is no one left on the other side of this argument except a) those who don't believe he will go so it's useless speculating and b) those who don't trust the board to get someone better :lol:

...I think

I see no benefit in giving him 'a few games next season'. It's ridiculous. He's not going to change that much over a couple of months. You either give him next season or you bin him after this one.

5-10 games in and it doesn't look good. Who are we going to get? No pre-season with the new guy, not his signings, etc. Just problems all over, plus who's going to good and available who'll be luckily out of work come October? Dread to imagine the dregs this lot will find as they do their 'ring around'.

Every day I read this thread and all the arguments and counter arguments about Pardew and whether or not he should be given more time, more support, more chances or whatever and all are ridiculous! How sane and reasoned people can argue that this man is anything other than a yes man that comes across well in press conferences and satiates the media with interviews and soundbites is beyond me, he has the persona of wanting to be every ones best mate whether it's them in the boardroom, the media or just a normal guy on the street - Pardew wants to be liked. The fact of the matter is that he's completely useless at this level and with this amount of responsibility, despite all the vitriol (a lot of it justified) the Ashley regime has had directed towards them they have managed to assemble a very talented and potentially exciting squad which has had all flair, confidence and coherence drilled out of it by Pardew and his anti-tactics. These players for the most part have been sourced by Carr and his support staff and they have rightly received widespread praise, however think about those that Pardew has signed and Obertan springs to mind, someone that was recommended to him by Manure, because I'm sure they'd want to do us (just a small club from the north east) a favour in giving us a good player, if Pardew had any sense he could see that the lad wasn't cut out for the Premier League. Yes Pardew won both manager awards last season but that was more through default than any other reason and surely more of a reflection of his contemporaries surprise at our performance in the league. We were still abysmal in the cups. Last season we were playing with confidence and getting lucky a lot of the time, winning bred more confidence and this spurred the players on to ride the crest of the wave with the chance of getting into the top 4 going into the last day of the season. I would argue that very little of this was down to Pardew's coaching methods. Despite this success last year there were still glaring signs and examples that Pardew is tactically inept and incapable of putting a team out that can play with any form of identity and style, winning those awards just masked over the cracks. He's never been a good manager and never will be and those that bought into his pally approach and supposed motivational abilities based on last season are finally seeing him for what he is. I've never liked him as a manager or a person and the sooner we are rid of this goon the better. Regardless of whether or not we get relegated this season Pardew must go and we must move forward with a manager that has some tactical nous and the ability to manage a talented squad.

basically sums up my feelings on the matter  O0

Every day I read this thread and all the arguments and counter arguments about Pardew and whether or not he should be given more time, more support, more chances or whatever and all are ridiculous! How sane and reasoned people can argue that this man is anything other than a yes man that comes across well in press conferences and satiates the media with interviews and soundbites is beyond me, he has the persona of wanting to be every ones best mate whether it's them in the boardroom, the media or just a normal guy on the street - Pardew wants to be liked.(Paragraph)The fact of the matter is that he's completely useless at this level and with this amount of responsibility, despite all the vitriol (a lot of it justified) the Ashley regime has had directed towards them they have managed to assemble a very talented and potentially exciting squad which has had all flair, confidence and coherence drilled out of it by Pardew and his anti-tactics. These players for the most part have been sourced by Carr and his support staff and they have rightly received widespread praise, however think about those that Pardew has signed and Obertan springs to mind, someone that was recommended to him by Manure, because I'm sure they'd want to do us (just a small club from the north east) a favour in giving us a good player, if Pardew had any sense he could see that the lad wasn't cut out for the Premier League.(Paragraph)Yes Pardew won both manager awards last season but that was more through default than any other reason and surely more of a reflection of his contemporaries surprise at our performance in the league. We were still abysmal in the cups. Last season we were playing with confidence and getting lucky a lot of the time, winning bred more confidence and this spurred the players on to ride the crest of the wave with the chance of getting into the top 4 going into the last day of the season. I would argue that very little of this was down to Pardew's coaching methods. Despite this success last year there were still glaring signs and examples that Pardew is tactically inept and incapable of putting a team out that can play with any form of identity and style, winning those awards just masked over the cracks.(Paragraph)He's never been a good manager and never will be and those that bought into his pally approach and supposed motivational abilities based on last season are finally seeing him for what he is. I've never liked him as a manager or a person and the sooner we are rid of this goon the better. Regardless of whether or not we get relegated this season Pardew must go and we must move forward with a manager that has some tactical nous and the ability to manage a talented squad.

See me.

:lol: :lol: