Alan Pardew

Mike

I never said everyone rotates, I simply said the best sides rotate - because they can.  That's where the board let us down in summer.

But all I'm pointing out is that this problem has been endemic for a lot of seasons, and before Ashley.

And I seem to recall the medical staff changing when Allardyce came in, post-Roeder, and injuries continuing nonetheless despite Fat Sam's fabled sports science.

Rafa could be prepared to take on a 'project' as well, doesn't have to be a top club.

Don't dare to dream. It hurts.

I know :( but it looks like such a no brainer :( Everyone would win on it. And we're gonna miss out...

Ashley would lose because Benitez would start telling him how much he's doing wrong.

Good post CMQ - but in fairness, one of the reasons they're able to rotate is because they have a team ethos, and a few individuals getting rotated out doesn't mean their footballing strategy changes entirely. We don't yet have a discernible strategy.

Obviously we don't have the same quality depth, but it's not half as bad as we have been lead to believe IMO.

If we are missing more than about three 'key' players Pardew says he can't win matches, so it's no surprise that we don't rotate much. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

There aren't many players to 'rotate' to be fair.

In comparison to the clubs who've been around us this season? Of course there are.

Why strikers are you going to rotate?

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Our squad is pathetic - though January improved that - too little too late. Pathetic lack of ambition and backing from the board.

Gouffran came because we were hijacked at the last minute by QPR for Remy. That too because our shit league position made Remy think twice whether it was worth turning down double the money to play for us thanks to Pardew's disastrous league campaign.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Good post CMQ - but in fairness, one of the reasons they're able to rotate is because they have a team ethos, and a few individuals getting rotated out doesn't mean their footballing strategy changes entirely. We don't yet have a discernible strategy.

Obviously we don't have the same quality depth, but it's not half as bad as we have been lead to believe IMO.

If we are missing more than about three 'key' players Pardew says he can't win matches, so it's no surprise that we don't rotate much. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

In comparison to the clubs who've been around us this season? Of course there are.

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Our squad is pathetic - though January improved that - too little too late. Pathetic lack of ambition and backing from the board.

We're light in terms of options for the front 3, other than that we're spoilt. I work with a Norwich fan, that is a s**** squad.

Our squad wasn't fit for purpose at the start of the season - they only invested in january because they were shitting themselves.

Cisse

Shola

Our forward options. Embarrassing.

Pardew's been shite but Ashley hasn't half pulled the wool on some people.

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Gouffran came because we were hijacked at the last minute by QPR for Remy. That too because our shit league position made Remy think twice whether it was worth turning down double the money to play for us thanks to Pardew's disastrous league campaign.

Nah not having that, he was offered a lot more and took it. Let's not start making stuff up :lol:

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

We're light in terms of options for the front 3, other than that we're spoilt. I work with a Norwich fan, that is a s**** squad.

Our squad wasn't fit for purpose at the start of the season - they only invested in january because they were shitting themselves.

Cisse

Shola

What about when we had Ba and Cisse?

He doesn't deserve another good striker because he'll waste him/her.

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Cisse

Shola

Still focusing on that one position then, I see.

What league position do you think is about par for that squad?

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Nah not having that, he was offered a lot more and took it. Let's not start making stuff up :lol:

If we'd been 6th in the table instead of 16th you don't think it would have made a difference?

Maybe he'll stay at QPR then.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Cisse

Shola

Pardew's been s**** but Ashley hasn't half pulled the wool on some people.

What use is the squad on the treatment table though?

Are you denying injuries have caused us serious bother this year? Do you think the board invested enough in summer - would they have invested if we weren't in trouble?

Ba and Cisse were two of the most coveted strikers in Europe back in August. Not fit for purpose. :lol:

Aye, I can remember back then thinking how desperate I was to have Holt and Morison instead.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Ba and Cisse were two of the most coveted strikers in Europe back in August. Not fit for purpose. :lol:

Aye, I can remember back then thinking how desperate I was to have Holt and Morison instead.

Cisse has been poor this season and Ba is a Chelsea player.

GO TEAM

GO TEAM

What's that got to do with last summer?

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Cisse

Shola

Are you denying injuries have caused us serious bother this year? Do you think the board invested enough in summer - would they have invested if we weren't in trouble?

Averting the question. :lol:

Of course we've had injuries but I'll say the same thing I've been saying all year, our form cannot be allowed to grind to a halt when we have 2 or 3 players out. On many, many occasions this season I've looked at the 2 teamsheets and thought we should beat these, then we lose.

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

If we'd been 6th in the table instead of 16th you don't think it would have made a difference?

Nope, not when he was being offered double.

Do you think after an excellent season at Blackburn Hoillett leaving for compensation (so basically fuck all) wasn't wanted by a better club than QPR?

Pardew has handed people more than enough rope to hang him with, when we start making things up it looks silly. Remy went to QPR on ridiculous wages knowing that in 6 months time he would likely be leaving on a vastly reduced fee/free therefore increasing his bargaining position with the next club who are in for him. Wages wise joining them was a no brainer and brought his wage up a few seasons earlier.

Guest Haris Vuckic

A

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Cisse

Shola

Of course we've had injuries but I'll say the same thing I've been saying all year, our form cannot be allowed to grind to a halt when we have 2 or 3 players out. On many, many occasions this season I've looked at the 2 teamsheets and thought we should beat these, then we lose.

I'd probably say - given the fixture list - and europe - par for the course would've been 12th. Not far off.

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Gouffran came because we were hijacked at the last minute by QPR for Remy. That too because our s*** league position made Remy think twice whether it was worth turning down double the money to play for us thanks to Pardew's disastrous league campaign.

Money, London and being in the shop window come summer time, they were the most important to Remy, not league position. 

GO TEAM

Just the striker situation at fault for our worst Premier league finish ever (other than getting relegated), righteo.

A

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Cisse

Shola

I'd probably say - given the fixture list - and europe - par for the course would've been 12th. Not far off.

Well suffice to say, I disagree.

Cisse

Shola

Gouffran

Rotate away.

Gouffran came because we were hijacked at the last minute by QPR for Remy. That too because our s*** league position made Remy think twice whether it was worth turning down double the money to play for us thanks to Pardew's disastrous league campaign.

Money, London and being in the shop window come summer time, they were the most important to Remy, not league position. 

For someone who had Michael Owen as his avatar long after the mercenary cunt had left our club I find that ironic.