Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

To quote wor Joel in Eternal Sunshine "Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating"

Knowing the general feeling on here, even talk of organised protest, chanting etc, and on the back of a third consecutive home defeat and a thoroughly miserable season, I didn't see or hear one bit of anti-Pardew demonstration at the match or in town yesterday. Some discussion about whether he should stay or go but that was about it.

Surprising that internet sentiment is so different to the stadium.

I don't know a single supporter in person who wants us to keep Pardew and all of the comments around where I sit were negative towards him yesterday. 

I wouldn't say this place is too far from expressing the feelings of the fans in general.

Knowing the general feeling on here, even talk of organised protest, chanting etc, and on the back of a third consecutive home defeat and a thoroughly miserable season, I didn't see or hear one bit of anti-Pardew demonstration at the match or in town yesterday. Some discussion about whether he should stay or go but that was about it.

I don't know a single supporter in person who wants us to keep Pardew and all of the comments around where I sit were negative towards him yesterday. 

I wouldn't say this place is too far from expressing the feelings of the fans in general.

In general, people around where I sit have defended Pardew, even as recently as the Liverpool game. There was a lot of discontent towards him when he brought Gouffran off yesterday though.

I think there's always some protest or dissent around SJP before a manager gets the boot, going back as far as Joe Harvey being hounded out by the fans many years ago. Yes, the legendary Joe Harvey.

Like you say there are plenty of negative comments about Pardew, especially on here, but nothing really tangible at the match itself. Certainly not an open protest or chanting that some on here wanted to see.

The only tangible sign of dissent I recall was during the Reading game but it was short lived and never returned. Quite surprising really in what has been a truly awful season.

In general, people around where I sit have defended Pardew, even as recently as the Liverpool game. There was a lot of discontent towards him when he brought Gouffran off yesterday though.

Knee jerk.

Seeks to work with a lot of fans though, his general patter. Fan feelings are difficult to summarise or quantify given that everyone has a slightly different view. I hate his press comments and so do most of the people I know, but a lot of people seem to lap it up.

Or simply don't give a toss about it either way.

It's laughable, the degree to which people on here get worked up about every last utterance in the press.

Still talking about the Europa League like its fucking Sauron I see.

http://i40.tinypic.com/33xygya.jpg

On average teams drop one or two places the season following Europa League qualifying. However, since the Europa League started in it's current format 4 years ago not a single qualifying team from England has taken such a downturn in the league.

We dropped 11 places.  Fulham had the next worse drop when the dropped just 5 places from 2009 to 2010.

Still talking about the Europa League like its fucking Sauron I see.

http://i40.tinypic.com/33xygya.jpg

On average teams drop one or two places the season following Europa League qualifying. However, since the Europa League started in it's current format 4 years ago not a single qualifying team from England has taken such a downturn in the league.

We dropped 11 places.  Fulham had the next worse drop when the dropped just 5 places from 2009 to 2010.

Graph or no graph it's pathetic is what it is.

So some teams finish a place or 2 worse off, some finish a place or 2 better off, some finish miles off because they're shite. I imagine you would see similar patterns if you were to look at teams fluctuating league positions without Europe too.

Seeks to work with a lot of fans though, his general patter. Fan feelings are difficult to summarise or quantify given that everyone has a slightly different view. I hate his press comments and so do most of the people I know, but a lot of people seem to lap it up.

Or simply don't give a toss about it either way.

It's laughable, the degree to which people on here get worked up about every last utterance in the press.

Well yeah, there are those people too, what's your point? The fact is that most football fans listen to and read what their manager has to say, that's half the reason they get interviewed so much. Not bothered about talking about a few weirdos being contrary for the sake of it.

So some teams finish a place or 2 worse off, some finish a place or 2 better off, some finish miles off because they're shite. I imagine you would see similar patterns if you were to look at teams fluctuating league positions without Europe too.

The wealthy clubs finish better off.  The more frugal clubs finish worse off.

Tells you something about how the clubs are set up to cope with the demands of Europa.

Clubs much poorer than us coped much better than we have this year though.