Alan Pardew

Mike

Got told he'd been fired by some WUM the bastard :lol: been absolutely chuffed for the last hour or so, anyway his position should be untenable. 6-0 to a bunch of jobbers other than their name, it's beyond embarrassing and as pathetic as it sounds the majority finally seem to be coming round,

I really think people on this forum come down too hard on Liverpool. I know that result has a lot to do with how shot of confidence this Newcastle side are, but the bin dippers really have got some quality players now and Rodgers has them playing fluid, attacking football. They've got a pretty good defensive record in the league this season as well.

Coutinho was in devastating form yesterday. You can say it was due to a poor defensive display, but some of those last third passes he was making were sublime. Each finish was pretty precise in a ruthless counter attacking display, and I don't think many clubs in the league would have been able to live with Liverpool yesterday. An interesting statistic too is that Gerrard has created almost 100 clear cut chances for his side this season, which is double what Carrick has for us. They're on the right track unfortunately, and will push for the top four next year in my opinion.

That's no reason for Pardew to stay in a job mind. I'm an outsider looking in but setting up a team defensively at home, starting the best player (in my eyes) on the bench, and then being unwilling or unable to change anything when the plan goes south after three minutes is just unacceptable, and it's happening all the time. Effectively the whole side is full of young, attacking players that could do serious damage to all teams if utilised correctly. If I were a NUFC fan I'd want him sacked for not starting Ben Arfa alone. Not sure if this is a regular occurrence either but yesterday Cabaye's delivery was terrible. Every time there was a set piece of corner, he wasted it with a looping ball that was easy for Reina, or a low ball that was cleared by the first man, but again this could just be a confidence issue due to playing for a clueless manager.

I do think you're safe this season, but the players are bound to hate playing for Pardew. A finish this low could see many of them wanting to move on, unless you can get a manager in who the players will want to stay and play for. Losing the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Krul, Santon etc. would be a travesty.

He already has more than enough reasons to be sacked so no need for this accusation i think :lol:

I think he will be sacked. No chance he would still be our manager in the coming August. 

I do think you're safe this season, but the players are bound to hate playing for Pardew. A finish this low could see many of them wanting to move on, unless you can get a manager in who the players will want to stay and play for. Losing the likes of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Krul, Santon etc. would be a travesty.

This. Ashley will do well to understand the implications of having a sub-par manager at the club. Frustration is clearly evident in the players and if he doesn't stop the rot soon, players will want to leave and nobody decent will want to join us. It will then hit him hardest in the area he cares most, his investment.

Tbf Wullie he was basing his comments around sticking up for a performance that you yourself stuck up for. Just to give it a bit of context and that. I'll never agree  with you about that Benfica game btw, I think our approach was a disgrace and we'd have had a better chance of winning the game if we actually tried to win the game.

What he says about Pardew afterwards is waffle imo mind but there were plenty of people saying they were proud of our club after that game.

What he says may be waffle, it’s on the espn website and some morons will read it and take it as gospel.  Pardew has had it far too easy and part of that is because of articles on the internet and in papers.  The only reason he isn't having it easy on here is because some are highlighting the s*** he does, the s*** he comes out with and the contradictions.  If we were all just reading the papers and watching TV we'd be brain washed into thinking nothing that is wrong with the club has anything to do with Pardew.

If people want to write articles then they should expect to have what they write challenged.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for challenging the article. Just don't understand why Wullie of all people is leading the attack when Wullie was also stoutly defending Pardew's strategy after the Benfica game.

Feel free to point to a post of mine after that game where I said we now had a team to be proud of for the first time since relegation.

There's very little talk of tactics in that article so I'm not even sure what point you're making.

The part on having a team we can proud of was only in the last few lines of the article. In sum it was about how we came so close to beating Benfica to the semis using Pardew 'tactics' of defend for 70 and attack for 20, the exact position you took and defended several times.

Surely he has to be gone today. Would happily have a caretaker over him, cant be any worse

Agree.  You look at our last two home games and you have to think nobody could really do any worse.  Maybe Beardsley or Carver for the last 3 games then get someone decent in.

Surely he has to be gone today. Would happily have a caretaker over him, cant be any worse

Agree.  You look at our last two home games and you have to think nobody could really do any worse.  Maybe Beardsley or Carver for the last 3 games then get someone decent in.

Aye, he is doing more damage than good at moment and sacking him will at least boost the fans and maybe players

I really think people on this forum come down too hard on Liverpool. I know that result has a lot to do with how shot of confidence this Newcastle side are, but the bin dippers really have got some quality players now and Rodgers has them playing fluid, attacking football. They've got a pretty good defensive record in the league this season as well.

Coutinho was in devastating form yesterday. You can say it was due to a poor defensive display, but some of those last third passes he was making were sublime. Each finish was pretty precise in a ruthless counter attacking display, and I don't think many clubs in the league would have been able to live with Liverpool yesterday. An interesting statistic too is that Gerrard has created almost 100 clear cut chances for his side this season, which is double what Carrick has for us. They're on the right track unfortunately, and will push for the top four next year in my opinion.

That's no reason for Pardew to stay in a job mind. I'm an outsider looking in but setting up a team defensively at home, starting the best player (in my eyes) on the bench, and then being unwilling or unable to change anything when the plan goes south after three minutes is just unacceptable, and it's happening all the time. Effectively the whole side is full of young, attacking players that could do serious damage to all teams if utilised correctly. If I were a NUFC fan I'd want him sacked for not starting Ben Arfa alone. Not sure if this is a regular occurrence either but yesterday Cabaye's delivery was terrible. Every time there was a set piece of corner, he wasted it with a looping ball that was easy for Reina, or a low ball that was cleared by the first man, but again this could just be a confidence issue due to playing for a clueless manager.

Thanks, some great points there, hopefully when some of the Pardew defenders read an outsider saying what most have been saying for months, it might register.

Is Ian getting called in for a carpeting every time we lose now? :lol:  Seems harsh :lol:

Just heard Ryder on Talksport defending him.  Reckons we should give him more time.  Finger on the pulse as ever Lee.

They are saying now there are murmurings of Benitez getting lined up for us on talkshyte

If there's even the slightest bit of truth in that, Pardew needs to be sacked today to ensure there's still a team in the premier for him to manage. I can't believe I was negative about Benitez arriving, after watching this nincompoop's fear ridden management it will be like  watching Barcelona.