Alan Pardew

Mike

I've hated how patient SJP has been with him this season. The Reading game a small sign of anger was creeping in, then it was gone. Nothing has changed since that Reading game, we're just as shit if not worse. The Sunderland and Liverpool games were the worst performances i've ever seen by a Newcastle side. The players can hang their heads as well, as much as Pardew's been shit they were fucking disgraceful in them two games.

Contrast it to the "we're shit... and we're sick of it" chants a few months into Allardyce's tenure and it's difficult to pinpoint why it didn't happen other than fan apathy and good grace due to last year's finish.

Baffling. Think it'll happen next season if the shit continues which I think it will.

There is no justification for giving up on the team because Pardew is staying TBF. Even if you think he's utter s****, he's just an absolutely tiny footnote in the story of NUFC.

I think it's fully justifiable to be honest. If we're awful, sinking because of resources, but we're trying to improve then that's fair enough. Even if we've no money, a terrible team and trying to halt a slide like Portsmouth, then fair enough. I would still go and support the team as much as time and money allows. Personally I can accept being shit, at whatever level we're playing at.

This is a sport where the aim is to win and to do your best to better yourself and improve. What I can't accept and don't want to support is when the club is just happy to sit still. Where we don't even try to win things and where we aren't even trying fulfill our full potential. The club make no effort to increase turnover (commercial revenue below Sunderland), no really effort to try and win things, Europe is now something they don't want to be in, and we've just given the worst manager in the league the reigns of the 9th most successful club (still) in English football, with the 8th highest crowds in Europe and with the 20th biggest turnover in Europe. I don't want to waste my money just supporting a team through the gate for the sake of it. As I said, it's a sport and we should be trying our best. We aren't.

What gets me is this blind faith and amateur belief that keeping things the same creates stability!? Success breeds stability, having the RIGHT people in the right places creates stability. It'll all end in tears!

He can use whatever explanations he wants. As we know, the bottom line, main reason and what led us to drop most points this season was and is the negative, shit mentality that he imposes on the team. Surrender when in front, surrender and play for a draw when drawing. If we had shown intentions to pass the ball, played formations that made sense, things would have been different. If he had shown some sort of understanding of the dynamics of the 4-2-3-1, I'd not be as desperate to get rid of him.

This club represents my home, my city, my people.  They could put Niall Quinn in charge and i'd still support them.  I can understand people giving up their season tickets, refusing to spend money with the club etc, i'd do the same if I had a season ticket.  Cutting yourself off from it though? 

A lot of people on here seem incredibly confident in their predictions about what's going to happen in the next few months. I can understand the opinion, but the certainty isn't justified.

Majority opinion got things wrong over the last two seasons. Who knows, it might happen a third time.

Guest Phil K

No, I'll support them as ever. BUT Pardew being kept on is utter madness. A third rate manager, and the players KNOW it.

Hughton's a better manager than Pardew

Can't other than support the cunt now. At the end we support the club no matter who is in charge and who are the players. 95% of this forum wouldn't give up on the club even if they say they would if we played in League 1. The only problem with Pardew is that we won't develop as a club and will be exactly what the board wants, a stable lower mid-table team, although I would hope they would sack him if we're below midtable after half the season.

I don't like the decision but I understand the club in the way they know fuck all about the sport and financially it's better just keeping him if we're not relegated. I do hope they realize Pardew needs help, get some more and experienced backroom staff, although i doubt anyone would really like to work under Alan.

Anyways bring on the summer, bring on a need psychologist to the club to help Pardew develop his brain a bit more and bring on the next season, it just can't be worse than the shit we've seen this season. We were far worse side to look at than Stoke and I just can't imagine being that bad this coming season although I won't bring my hopes up.

I still love Newcastle, support us, even the Arsenal game where I thought I didn't care I was still angry at little decisions like throw ins we didn't get.

That said as desperate as I was for the season to end I'm dreading the next starting. It shouldn't be like that. Just feels like we are on the line between shite season or fantastic season and for some reason those in charge have decided to go with the former.

Its annoying he is being kept on but ill give it a fresh stsr come the start of season.  he needs to stop the waffle and prove it on the pitch. A bad start to the season and people will turn big style

Its annoying he is being kept on but ill give it a fresh stsr come the start of season.  he needs to stop the waffle and prove it on the pitch. A bad start to the season and people will turn big style

:thup:

Guest neesy111

Honestly, how fucking stupid is Llambias.  This week is ST deadline and puts a statement which shows just about no ambition for the club to get back to anything it should be in terms of where we should be in the league.  As my mate said to me last night, it makes peoples decision much easier who were holding back.

There is no justification for giving up on the team because Pardew is staying TBF. Even if you think he's utter shite, he's just an absolutely tiny footnote in the story of NUFC.

A tiny footnote would be in the past. As Pardew is the present reality he looms over the club like a clownish shadow with a bucket and sponge to clean your windows.

Guest Slippery Sam

Part 1 of his season review just been posted on NUFC TV: http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/TV/FeaturesDetail/0,,10278~3189137,00.html

Fancy summarising? ;)

Blamed Europa and injured immediately

Injuries

Europa league

Mistakes at every level of the club

Wanted 3 or 4 wins after fulham

Best form team in the last 15 games apart from top 6

Last 15 games we was strong

Got ourselves in great positions in away games but for whatever reason we couldn't get it over the line

PL getting tougher and tougher away from home

Been ok at home

Less entertainment than last year

Injuries

Only 1 good striker

Only 1 good striker.  Would that be the only one good striker he put on the fucking wing to counter Everton's left back???  Inspirational, Pardew, absolutely inspirational.

Spot on.

Spot on.

Only thing we can do really. Good start to the season and we know Pardew is capable of sustaining a positive atmosphere and promoting team spirit when things are going well.

Spot on.

Only thing we can do really. Good start to the season and we know Pardew is capable of sustaining a positive atmosphere and promoting team spirit when things are going well.

I'd far rather we had a bad start and he got sacked tbh. My view is that a competent manager is crucial to long term progress. Backing someone who relies on wonder goals and bullshit is going to hurt us in the end.

Spot on.

I'd far rather we had a bad start and he got sacked tbh. My view is that a competent manager is crucial to long term progress. Backing someone who relies on wonder goals and bullshit is going to hurt us in the end.

I'm afraid as much as I loathe Pardew, wanting a bad start is wanting Newcastle to lose. Think about that. You want the team you support to lose. I'm afraid that concept is totally alien to me and always will be.

Spot on.

I'm afraid as much as I loathe Pardew, wanting a bad start is wanting Newcastle to lose. Think about that. You want the team you support to lose. I'm afraid that concept is totally alien to me and always will be.

:thup:

I could understand the stability thing and commend them if the manager was showing some signs of developing the club/team.

Can anyone name one thing that is better/has evolved/is evolving that Pardew is directly responsible for.

I only see de-evolution in terms of style etc. Under Hughton we at least had a style which included direct to Carroll with Nolan picking up pieces. Under Pardew we have lost all sense of style of play. We have potentially better players than Hughton had to work with but for me the team and club have gone backwards in Pardews 2.5 years in charge, therefore the stability argument does not hold up as he is not showing that stability long term will yield any kind of success and in fact is likely to send us back years and take years to repair the damage.

I could understand the stability thing and commend them if the manager was showing some signs of developing the club/team.

Can anyone name one thing that is better/has evolved/is evolving that Pardew is directly responsible for.

I only see de-evolution in terms of style etc. Under Hughton we at least had a style which included direct to Carroll with Nolan picking up pieces. Under Pardew we have lost all sense of style of play. We have potentially better players than Hughton had to work with but for me the team and club have gone backwards in Pardews 2.5 years in charge, therefore the stability argument does not hold up as he is not showing that stability long term will yield any kind of success and in fact is likely to send us back years and take years to repair the damage.

We've gone backwards this season, it's hard to argue that we've gone backwards overall IMO.

Spot on.

Get away man, you should never want us to do badly. I'd love it if Pardew proves me wrong about his ability. If he doesn't, he'll be gone soon enough.

Pardew's different from the team just being rubbish imo, this is a man who does not want the team he's managing to finish in the top six of the league in case it jeopardises his own job, a man who makes no attempt to win certain football matches (any away game), indeed a man who doesn't even attempt to compete in games against certain teams, only turns up because he's obliged to by the fixture list. He's a spineless shitbag who, far from wanting to make me feel proud of NUFC, attempts to make me feel like I support a tiny diddy little team who have no business even being on the same pitch as a magnificent club like Man City or Spurs and that I should feel lucky for what I've got and shut the fuck up.

The very least I expect from NUFC is that I feel proud of them as a club and our manager goes in front of cameras every week and basically tells me I have nothing to be proud of.

He is utter poison.

Just catching up. But that's the single greatest post I've ever read.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: