Alan Pardew

Mike

At anybody who misunderstands the liabilities we have as NUFC the club and Mike Ashley the sole shareholder.

Then that wouldn't be me, please refrain from randomly quoting people and throwing s*** out there as the waters are muddied enough already on this subject.

I believe you posted this

"So you want us in debt, like under shepherd?"

Just reminding you, as NUFC under Shepherd or Ashley we are in debt. There is no difference.

Not interest free debt, not debt that saw us owe money on players not even at the club and partial season tickets mortgaged for the ground expansion.

Like I say, your post at me just muddies things, doesn't clarify anything, if anything you should be asking Wullie about the debt we owe Ashley and why that doesn't count when looking at what debt we are in.

Ashley owns the 100% of the Shares of the club and the debt as well. How could increasing interest liabilities for his own asset be any good for him. He is not going write the debt off with goodwill like most companies do with bad debt or bad acquisitions. The hobbied billionaires  are doing is for Chelsea, ManCity etc.

When we sell the club, we might not owe "debt that saw us owe money on players not even at the club and partial season tickets mortgaged for the ground expansion" but we will still be in other kinds debts.

Yes I know this, i've said it about 100 times in the last 48 hours.  :lol:

Bottom line he is trying to sell the club not caring a second of the liabilities we would face in future at all. The real reason Mike doesnt want to spend its because he doesnt want to invest more into the club, not because the financial health of the club is in poor state.

We should be in a position to spend and improve but he playing it safe till a buyer comes along.

As you stated as long as he doesnt get what he thinks is a good return for him we are stucked with him for a long time.

Btw the post are not targeted at you, just clarifying it for those who misunderstands the situation .

:thup: Fair do's

And on the bombshell, I'm shattered with all the finance talk. I'm done, I really am that's me  :lol:

I think that Jonas could play the Tiote role, it would be worth trying anyhow, or should have been tried in pre season. As a defensive wideman he also serves a purpose, doubling up with the fullback against someone like Navas for example.

Agreed. Jonas is better on the ball than Tiote, can deliver those short passes well enough, and is less of a risk to make clumsy fouls. Ask him to sit in front of the back four, cut down runners through the middle, and shuttle the ball away and I think he can do well. Just don't ask him to carry the ball forward or make long-range passes.

Yup :thup:

I get the feeling he doesn't see the pitch from a bird's eye view (i.e. doesn't have the vision) and you can see this with the type of crosses he puts in, which are almost always the hit-and-hope types.

In comparison Tiote actually hits pretty good crosses when he ends up out wide. Plus he is quite dominant physically in the centre of the pitch, both on the ground and in the air. Jonas is more of a handbags combatant.

Guest Dontooner

I think that Jonas could play the Tiote role, it would be worth trying anyhow, or should have been tried in pre season. As a defensive wideman he also serves a purpose, doubling up with the fullback against someone like Navas for example.

Agreed. Jonas is better on the ball than Tiote (however marginally), can deliver those short passes well enough, and is less of a risk to make clumsy fouls. Ask him to sit in front of the back four, cut down runners through the middle, and shuttle the ball away and I think he can do well. Just don't ask him to carry the ball forward or make long-range passes.

Jonas should not be anywhere close to the first team, he is too slow and ineffective as a winger and we have better midfielders than him. Pardew just likes his tracking and hard working attitude. It adds to our already defensive minded team but handicaps our attacks on the left. I love Jonas for his spirit but i think he should call his time here.

Agreed. Jonas is better on the ball than Tiote, can deliver those short passes well enough, and is less of a risk to make clumsy fouls. Ask him to sit in front of the back four, cut down runners through the middle, and shuttle the ball away and I think he can do well. Just don't ask him to carry the ball forward or make long-range passes.

Yup :thup:

I get the feeling he doesn't see the pitch from a bird's eye view (i.e. doesn't have the vision) and you can see this with the type of crosses he puts in, which are almost always the hit-and-hope types.

In comparison Tiote actually hits pretty good crosses when he ends up out wide. Plus he is quite dominant physically in the centre of the pitch, both on the ground and in the air. Jonas is more of a handbags combatant.

:lol: :lol: So true. Wins a lot of freekicks though, as opposed to Tiote.

Re: the Jonas in the middle thing. He's better than Tiote, that's all it comes down to and why people want him in the middle.

What it comes down to is that I can't recall Jonas having a bad game in the center of midfield when called upon, while Tiote's form has been in the gutter for the best part of 2 seasons now. Clearly Tiote has the better attributes to be a decent defensive mid. He doesn't, however, have the brains or temperament for it.

Guest Dontooner

Re: the Jonas in the middle thing. He's better than Tiote, that's all it comes down to and why people want him in the middle.

Having a new manager will solve Jonas starting and Tiote headless tackling and running....

Isn't Anita better than Jonas in the middle? Cabaye Sissiko Anita if its a midfield Trio...Jonas just doesnt have the intelligence of instincts to do a midfield three.

What it comes down to is that I can't recall Jonas having a bad game in the center of midfield when called upon, while Tiote's form has been in the gutter for the best part of 2 seasons now. Clearly Tiote has the better attributes to be a decent defensive mid. He doesn't, however, have the brains or temperament for it.

Yeah, like I said, he's better than Tiote.

Having a new manager will solve Jonas starting and Tiote headless tackling and running....

Isn't Anita better than Jonas in the middle? Cabaye Sissiko Anita if its a midfield Trio...Jonas just doesnt have the intelligence of instincts to do a midfield three.

Anita or Marveaux as a 3 with Cabaye and Sissoko. Our bell end manager won't do it though, incase we concede some goals and lose some games :lol:

Guest Dontooner

Feel like we need something to united all the fans again. That or most of you get some sort of sick kick out of fighting with eachother on here everyday :D

Playing some decent football would help, i would even sing praises of Pardew if he had that ability.

Better at what? working hard tracking back isn't the same as bossing the midfield area. In the middle you actually have to win tackles and headers, not just go down as soon as anyone comes within 5 yrds.

Guest bimpy474

So our winger is better than out proper DM in the middle, and our DM is a better crosser than our winger, we're fucked.

Better at what? working hard tracking back isn't the same as bossing the midfield area. In the middle you actually have to win tackles and headers, not just go down as soon as anyone comes within 5 yrds.

All good points, but Tiote doesn't boss the midfield area. Jonas is shit, Tiote's weak points are more detrimental to the team in that position, imo.

If Tiote is to come good again then he needs to know his limitations. Win the ball fairly and give a simple pass to someone who is able to do more with the ball, ie Cabaye. Not win the ball and then fiddle and fart about doing 360's left right and centre Parker stylee and lose the ball in front of our defence. I'm hoping Pardew has drummed into him what he needs to be doing and what he mustn't do. I'm not confident though.