Alan Pardew

Mike

Think this needs a tag to Ian.

Seems fairly standard manager transfer quote soundbites to me like, as much as I don't want to get involved in this high-level discussion. Unless you think he should refuse to give interviews completely, he will always have to say something about transfers and the squad he has available.

:mike:

How the fuck the pair of you can be arsed is beyond me.

Just find it hard to take people being so willfully thick, that's all. It's not even about defending Pardew, it's just common sense.

Nothing he says matters now, because even if he comes out with something completely standard and/or sensible everyone is waiting to dissect it line-by-line with a load of weapons-grade bollocks.

Given that, yes it's pointless joining in with this thread. Guilty as charged on that one.

It's spelt "wilfully" Ian.

Have I got this right?

Llambias gave Pardew an 8 year contract ?

Ashley wanted to sack Pardew last season ?

If so it would seem that there are no clauses in Pardews contract and we'd have to pay the full amount if we sack him, would explain why Llambias is gone and JFK is here.

So we are stuck with him till he resigns or Ashley finally decides to pay compo.

wont be for a while yet

Think this needs a tag to Ian.

Seems fairly standard manager transfer quote soundbites to me like, as much as I don't want to get involved in this high-level discussion. Unless you think he should refuse to give interviews completely, he will always have to say something about transfers and the squad he has available.

:mike:

How the fuck the pair of you can be arsed is beyond me.

Just find it hard to take people being so willfully thick, that's all. It's not even about defending Pardew, it's just common sense.

Nothing he says matters now, because even if he comes out with something completely standard and/or sensible everyone is waiting to dissect it line-by-line with a load of weapons-grade bollocks.

Given that, yes it's pointless joining in with this thread. Guilty as charged on that one.

It's spelt "wilfully" Ian.

American spellchecking, apologies.

Our setup can wring virtually any and all genuine quality out of a player without fail (exceptions being HBA - while fatter - is still a maverick force and Colo is Colo).

Santon - from favorite of Mourinho and future star to possibly not as good as Paul Dummett

Yanga-Mbiwa - from French international, young classy CB to CB/FB(?) squad player who looks lost

Sissoko - from Yaya-lite, a central midfielder with power and quality to a player tried at #10, on the wing, and in the centre without much direction

Cisse - from natural goalscorer and scorer of amazing goals to being played on the right and as a lone striker and looking totally clueless

Tiote - from powerful destroyer with flashes of class to out-of-control liability

Cabaye - from classy French international with style to tetchy, injury-prone question mark who many can't wait to see the back of

Debuchy - from coveted target, true RB, first-choice French international to a true question mark at RB who gives away needless fouls and looks lost

While I've no doubt Pardew is indeed the symptom and not the disease, there's no doubt he is ballsing this thing up royally and giving it the opposite of the Midas touch. His influence has turned gold into shit - and will continue to do so. It's not only him, of course, but he clearly cannot deal with creative talent.

Our setup can wring virtually any and all genuine quality out of a player without fail (exceptions being HBA - while fatter - is still a maverick force and Colo is Colo).

Santon - from favorite of Mourinho and future star to possibly not as good as Paul Dummett

Yanga-Mbiwa - from French international, young classy CB to CB/FB(?) squad player who looks lost

Sissoko - from Yaya-lite, a central midfielder with power and quality to a player tried at #10, on the wing, and in the centre without much direction

Cisse - from natural goalscorer and scorer of amazing goals to being played on the right and as a lone striker and looking totally clueless

Tiote - from powerful destroyer with flashes of class to out-of-control liability

Cabaye - from classy French international with style to tetchy, injury-prone question mark who many can't wait to see the back of

Debuchy - from coveted target, true RB, first-choice French international to a true question mark at RB who gives away needless fouls and looks lost

While I've no doubt Pardew is indeed the symptom and not the disease, there's no doubt he is ballsing this thing up royally and giving it the opposite of the Midas touch. His influence has turned gold into shit - and will continue to do so. It's not only him, of course, but he clearly cannot deal with creative talent.

Missed Taylor out,oops  forgot constant liability  ;D

POTW.

Have I got this right?

Llambias gave Pardew an 8 year contract ?

Ashley wanted to sack Pardew last season ?

If so it would seem that there are no clauses in Pardews contract and we'd have to pay the full amount if we sack him, would explain why Llambias is gone and JFK is here.

So we are stuck with him till he resigns or Ashley finally decides to pay compo.

wont be for a while yet

No. There is no way Ashley was not consulted/the decision maker in Pardew's contract extension. Besides, if Ashley wanted to oust Pardew, he would be gone, contract or not.

Ian calling others wilfully thick. :lol:

I found it particularly ironic that he'd made a spelling mistake whilst doing it. :D

It's the American spellchecker man FFS!!! :frantic:

You must have a wilfully thick spellchecker. Ah I see. It's an American one.

Guest bimpy474

That gameplan meeting they had in France = we sign nobody right?

I think it goes like this, right if Cabaye goes, we move for ........ and ...........

We get turned down as our offers are too low, that's it we're done.

I think it goes like this, right if Cabaye goes, we move for ........ and ...........

Ashley going to spend that money in the January sales again when we are hovering around the relegation zone i wonder.

Guest bimpy474

Ashley going to spend that money in the January sales again when we are hovering around the relegation zone i wonder.

We'll be in big trouble with a different manager by then if Pardew does get his finger out. I daren't think about it to be honest.

Listen to this guy  :facepalm:

Alan Pardew has revealed that he and Mike Ashley have a "game plan" in place for the closing stages of the transfer window.

The United boss indicated that Newcastle must sit tight over the Yohan Cabaye situation with no fresh bid for the player since Monday’s £12million offer from Arsenal.

After speaking to Mike Ashley in the south of France this week, he said: “We wanted to make sure we had a game plan going to the final week of the window.”

The Cabaye transfer is still hanging over Newcastle and it remains to be seen if he plays against West Ham on Saturday.

Pardew said: “We are the sort of club where we aren’t in that bracket where we can’t dictate a transfer.

“Sometimes we have to respond because of the position we are in.

“We don’t have the luxuries of Tottenham or Liverpool.

“So for us, we are poised and waiting to see what happens.

“We want to make sure we bring in one or two players who affect our first team.”

Pardew also responded to speculation that Shola Ameobi could make a move to QPR.

He said: “He’s been a good player at this football club and a great character and leader here.

“My position is clear on all players here.

“If there is a situation where it is right for the player and right for the club, we will move them on.

“In Shola’s case that isn’t where it’s at.”

Pardew is also determined to see off West Ham to kick-start Newcastle’s campaign after being drubbed 4-0 off City.

He said: “We need to get a couple of results in very quickly, just for our fans.

“I feel sorry for them, the whole situation.

“They watched the team struggle and then seen the sending off in the game.

“Then a player with outstanding talent in Yohan Cabaye not playing is hard to take.

“I don’t think it is worth talking about anything else apart from my players here all pulling in one direction to try to get a result on Saturday.

“It is a chance for us to have a new start this season.

“It was a difficult night on Monday.

“There were a whole manner of things going on.

“But we are certainly looking to put a smile on the faces of fans this Saturday.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alan-pardew-mike-ashely-transfer-5769697?