Alan Pardew

Mike

His record against Poyet stands at W0 D1 L5. No wonder the mackems were so keen to get him in. That's all that matters.

Don't understand, could you rephrase this in the form of a Venn Diagram please?

The cliche is that the form book goes out the window in a derby when in fact what actually happens is that one team has a psychological superiority and will win or avoid defeat 90% of the time. Tottenham simply could not turn over Arsenal or Chelsea for about fifteen years each and even now, tend to capitulate against the Gunners. Liverpool always beat Everton, regardless of form. Just the way it is.

It used to be like this with us. Even having gone down, when they came back to SJP, Cattermole wet himself in the tunnel at the prospect. Now the tables have been turned, by the most cowardly man in football. Now we fear them, and Pardew is their bitch.

Excellent post. It is truly sickening the depths that he has sunk us to.

To me, winning in our derby holds greater significance than all those above. Firstly, there's the geographical aspect (two cities), but moreso the fact that both teams have won sweet FA for decades now and look firmly on course to continue that. Winning these games is pretty much the only real prize or form of satisfaction that we, as fans, can look forward to. But thanks to Ashley and Pardew, that privilege has been stripped. 

Poyet's first game as Brighton manager: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8330393.stm

:mackems:

Southampton manager Alan Pardew told BBC Radio Solent:

"Brighton came out fired up and we never responded.

"I make no excuses for us. Brighton had loads of chances, showed plenty of passion and we gave them too much room.

"We'll make sure we don't get caught like that in future."

:spit:

:lol:

Poyet's first game as Brighton manager: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8330393.stm

"I make no excuses for us. Brighton had loads of chances, showed plenty of passion and we gave them too much room.

Christ and crackers.

Lee cattermole had a fucking 20 yard exclusion zone around him FFS

:lol: that is funny

Lee cattermole had a f***ing 20 yard exclusion zone around him FFS

The Lee Cattermole no fly zone sponsored by Alan Pardew @ Sports direct  :lol:

Pochettino looking like a master stroke for Southampton.

Wish we had that sort of vision.

I'll bet he's not on a massive salary either. Pretty much blows the "we can't get any better under Ashley" line out of the water.

I'll bet he's not on a massive salary either. Pretty much blows the "we can't get any better under Ashley" line out of the water.

they do also spend rather a lot of money we don't and won't under Ashley which is a rather more significant in the grand scheme of things.

Proof that Keegan wouldn't and didn't work with Ashley can't be used as proof that you think Keegan would work under Ashley.

:lol:

Keegan couldn't work with Llambias, don't let that get in the way of anything though.

Cortese told BBC Sport: "I'm not going into details, but there were plenty of reasons why it ended up with the sack.

"All the attributes Nigel has added is something we were missing before. He's changed the attitude. His personality, his way of being, it's motivated people."

This is so telling.

Cortese told BBC Sport: "I'm not going into details, but there were plenty of reasons why it ended up with the sack.

"All the attributes Nigel has added is something we were missing before. He's changed the attitude. His personality, his way of being, it's motivated people."

http://metro.co.uk/2007/02/18/pardew-lost-the-dressing-room-eggert-83169/

Magnusson told the News of the World: “There was no purpose to talk about it publicly at the time. But the key factor was something was just not right in the dressing room.”

He added: “Tension had been building between the players and the manager for a while. There was a cancer we had to cut off.”

they do also spend rather a lot of money we don't and won't under Ashley which is a rather more significant in the grand scheme of things.

They'll look to balance the books same as we do at the end of the day. They are spending now to ensure Premiership status. By next season it will be sell before you buy same as Villa under Lerner.

EDIT: see San Toon's post above.

Magnusson told the News of the World: “There was no purpose to talk about it publicly at the time. But the key factor was something was just not right in the dressing room.”

He added: “Tension had been building between the players and the manager for a while. There was a cancer we had to cut off.”

It appears that he's lost this dressing room as well.

P.S. your sig should be spoiler'd man. giving me a migraine :lol:

He can't coach his players and while it doesn't absolve them from blame many of them look like they've completely lost faith in him.

That rubbish about the Mackems stopping us from playing and spoiling things, lol what was he expecting in derby at their place ffs. They went for us and the manager and players had no answer to it