Alan Pardew

Mike

Remy's noticeably on the slide, imo. In a month's time, it'll be that typical phrase: "he's just not that good" that gets Pardew off the hook again.

So Pardew should be criticised for having no part in the loan signing of a mercenary who turned us down for more money last season and appears still to be unable to do 90 mins 2months into the season?  He deserves a hammering for numerous things but this isn't one of them. It's Ashley that's killing the club, not Pardew. This thread is ridiculous. You're all mad.

I'm so sick of reading this s*** now like, do some f***ing reading, man. Every single person slagging Pardew in this thread knows that Ashley is the main person responsible for the state of NUFC, that doesn't absolve Pardew of all blame. For f***s sake man.

And that sums up this thread entirely, being fully conscious that slagging Pardew is missing the point by a country mile yet still doing it :lol:

This is the dictionary definition of madness. You're all batchy.

You do understand the concept of mutual exclusivity and that it doesn't apply here, right?

Pardew doesn't get a free pass just because Ashley is also a dipshit.

So putting pressure on Pardew will achieve precisely what?

I think Pardew is weak, a yes man and a pretty pathetic figure, hopelessly half drowned in a sea of his own 'try to keep everyone happy' bulls*** .  So he suddenly decides to get a bit of pride back and walks out...what next?

You are the ones who can't accept that in all likelihood Pardew is the best manager Mike Ashley is willing to pay for.  That sounds pretty hopeless doesn't it?  Who's responsible for removing the hope?.... am 'stating the bleedin obvious',yes. But we won't get an upgrade as long as Ashley is at the club.

A lot of fans have gobbled up this stability bullshit; they see the likes of Leeds and Forest and say well at least that isn't us.

Aslong as they can see the likes of Rooney and Hazard every year they couldn't give a shit.

TBH, I do enjoy the fact that we are no longer thought of as a club that is constantly sacking managers. I don't think this is really such a mental positive to take from the situation.

A lot of fans have gobbled up this stability bullshit; they see the likes of Leeds and Forest and say well at least that isn't us.

Aslong as they can see the likes of Rooney and Hazard every year they couldn't give a shit.

TBH, I do enjoy the fact that we are no longer thought of as a club that is constantly sacking managers. I don't think this is really such a mental positive to take from the situation.

It's a real positive that the club hangs onto staff that are demonstrably not good enough at their job? Not just a "positive" but something you "enjoy"?

And some people claim you're not here on the wind up. :lol:

It's a real positive that the club hangs onto staff that are demonstrably not good enough at their job? Not just a "positive" but something you "enjoy"?

Well that's not what I said, but don't let that stop you having a pop.

In our recent history, we've been thought of as a club that sacks managers often, and prematurely. Yes, there are a lot of negative aspects to how we're run now. And whether or not you want Pardew sacked is a matter of personal preference. But one positive aspect is that we're now seen as trying to take a longer term view.

I genuinely don't give a fuck if we are known for sacking managers, we'd be better off now as pardew would have been binned

That's fine, I'm just pointing out something I see as a positive.

What if we did employ a good manager, he had a bad spell, and we sacked him straight away?

In our recent history, we've been thought of as a club that sacks managers often, and prematurely. Yes, there are a lot of negative aspects to how we're run now. And whether or not you want Pardew sacked is a matter of personal preference. But one positive aspect is that we're now seen as trying to take a longer term view.

Like I said somewhere else.  Ashley has been more trigger happy than Shepherd ever was.

Shepherd may have got rid sooner in a season, but the managers sent packing were always lower in the league than any of the managersd Ashley has sacked.

If he's trying to change the perception of the club, then it's the perception he created.

Why is that a positive? Is there a correlation between length of managerial stint and success? I bet there isn't.

Why is that a positive? Is there a correlation between length of managerial stint and success? I bet there isn't.

Obviously it's impossible to prove with statistics, you can't say what would have happened if someone had or hadn't been sacked. IMO it's a good thing not to be sacking managers all the time.

Obviously it's impossible to prove with statistics, you can't say what would have happened if someone had or hadn't been sacked. IMO it's a good thing not to be sacking managers all the time.

I'd rather have a team with a good manager than a shit one with a long deal but whatever you get pleasure from, Ian.

I'd rather have a team with a good manager than a shit one with a long deal but whatever you get pleasure from, Ian.

If your argument is that you want to swap a manager for a better manager, then it's kind of impossible to disagree with. But it's sometimes worth talking around the subject a bit, just to make it interesting like.

In 25 year we'd probably agree that 2 managers have been "good".

I don't think either of them would have succeeded under Ashley like.

:lol: Nah, two of the best man managers, knowledgeable football men and respected individuals in the game would do just as shit as Pardew is.

Keep building those straw men marra

:lol: Nah, two of the best man managers, knowledgeable football men and respected individuals in the game would do just as s*** as Pardew is.

Keegan actually did pretty damn well before the fall out. Bring Keegan in tomorrow and the upturn would be huge

Proof that Keegan wouldn't and didn't work with Ashley can't be used as proof that you think Keegan would work under Ashley.

:lol:

:lol: Nah, two of the best man managers, knowledgeable football men and respected individuals in the game would do just as s*** as Pardew is.

Keep building those straw men marra

:lol: You talk so much brown watery shite its untrue.

The league is full of managers having to operate under cost constraints and ply excuses and change the subject in interviews. To go with that PR ability, a lot of such managers also bring a better grasp of setting up a football team than Pardew. When you watch their sides play, you see passing and movement. Players helping each other. Set pieces that work. None of those will cost Mike Ashley any money.

We're clearly going nowhere with Pardew. Nearly relegating the eighth most expensive team in the league should have been enough.

Keegan actually did pretty damn well before the fall out. Bring Keegan in tomorrow and the upturn would be huge

Proof that Keegan wouldn't and didn't work with Ashley can't be used as proof that you think Keegan would work under Ashley.

:lol:

i meant on the pitch really, as a comparison to Pardew

Unfortunately the manager doesn't get to work in a vacuum like that.