Alan Pardew

Mike

Poyet's first game as Brighton manager: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8330393.stm

:mackems:

Southampton manager Alan Pardew told BBC Radio Solent:

"Brighton came out fired up and we never responded.

"I make no excuses for us. Brighton had loads of chances, showed plenty of passion and we gave them too much room.

"We'll make sure we don't get caught like that in future."

:spit:

This is quite unbelievable.

How many years ago was this?

Pardew has literally not learnt a thing. Not even a new excuse.

Can we please get this guy out now.

Yeah, this nonsense has gone on far too long now. There are simply too many players playing no where near their capabilities (as was the case last season) for it not to be a coincidence.

I mean I've heard the other side of the argument as well that we as fans overrate certain players and I accept that up to a point but I'm not having it as a get out clause for Pardew.

We have relied on individual moments of skill pretty much since the day he walked in here. There is simply no gameplan, shape, tactics, style, etc. This is not a "team" it's a bunch of decent individuals thrown together with a poor manager instructing them.

Paying your manager peanuts is such a false economy, you'd have thought Ashley would realise that but perhaps not. For the price of one player near the top of our wage structure (say 3m a year) you'd likely get far more out of the squad and bring in significantly more revenue. If it fails then it's expensive to sort out mind, which would obviously not suit the owner's preferences of course.

Paying your manager peanuts is such a false economy, you'd have thought Ashley would realise that but perhaps not. For the price of one player near the top of our wage structure (say 3m a year) you'd likely get far more out of the squad and bring in significantly more revenue. If it fails then it's expensive to sort out mind, which would obviously not suit the owner's preferences of course.

He's your classic football know-nowt who thinks that the manager basically turns up on a Saturday and selects the team. The type of person in the office that says "but what could he possibly have done differently on Saturday?" that you know never to speak to ever again.

It is a truly sickening feeling knowing that we must endure this pathetic manager until Ashley goes or we're almost certain to be relegated. How many years is this going to go on for? So deeply upsetting. As supporters, we have no right to be excited about anything.

He's your classic football know-nowt who thinks that the manager basically turns up on a Saturday and selects the team. The type of person in the office that says "but what could he possibly have done differently on Saturday?" that you know never to speak to ever again.

Talking of the office, David Brett is notable by his absence today.

This is one thing about Ashley I don't understand either, really a strange one.

Given that we know that Ashley's ambition for the club is merely staying above the relegation zone in mid table  with no cup success or Europe to aim for, I'd have thought it was fairly obvious.

Given that we know that Ashley's ambition for the club is merely staying above the relegation zone in mid table  with no cup success or Europe to aim for, I'd have thought it was fairly obvious.

Well sort of, but you still have more of a chance of staying up with better staff. And also a more enjoyable weekend at the match.

:lol: he'll be back Before the next league game to tell us that pardew is "building something special"

Surely he's never said that? :lol: Not recently at least?

:lol: he'll be back Before the next league game to tell us that pardew is "building something special"

Surely he's never said that? :lol: Not recently at least?

It was definitely along those lines, I don't know how to do the advanced search though unfortunately

This isn't one game, I think we've progressing with each game this season, slowly getting better and better, been hiccups of course but on the whole think it's a slow progression, and I'm very happy with it. That's all I say for now, everyone will see it in their own way but I think we are a growing side going places.

I think people might start to come around to Pardew's new standard of football and start to believe we have a good team at our club who not only are talented but have a character and spirit about them to succeed! Our manager might be poor but he's trying to implement this new style and he's got the players to do so! I said I'd be happy with top 8 with good football and I think we are striving towards that!

Yip! I think people might slowly start to do that u-turn though, I thought it was impossible but the future is looking brighter and brighter, can't see how they can keep going in the other direction! This team is going places!

Just days away from the derby and we've got people calling for our manager to resign, beyond belief this.

Lured in, pricks! We still played by far the better football yesterday, first 10 minutes they had more desire and passion but they were just slogging through, we kept trying to play our football and took control of the game with our passing but once again struggled to create chances. We still haven't worked out what is our best forward line and that's worrying but it will come. We don't need major surgery to our side, need to stick with them. We got done yesterday by a great strike, it can happen. Typical of us though to lose to them when they played the worst football we've seen this season. More infuriating witnessing first hand just how bad they were and we lost. Don't think it's time to turn against the players though and start crying out for the manager to be sacked. Got tough games coming up and they need to show their team spirit, a couple of them need to realise they can't pick and choose when they fancy playing. A win on Wednesday would be a good start to getting over this, but it's another hurtful defeat yesterday, painful.

Lured in, pricks! We still played by far the better football yesterday, first 10 minutes they had more desire and passion but they were just slogging through, we kept trying to play our football and took control of the game with our passing but once again struggled to create chances. We still haven't worked out what is our best forward line and that's worrying but it will come. We don't need major surgery to our side, need to stick with them. We got done yesterday by a great strike, it can happen. Typical of us though to lose to them when they played the worst football we've seen this season. More infuriating witnessing first hand just how bad they were and we lost. Don't think it's time to turn against the players though and start crying out for the manager to be sacked. Got tough games coming up and they need to show their team spirit, a couple of them need to realise they can't pick and choose when they fancy playing. A win on Wednesday would be a good start to getting over this, but it's another hurtful defeat yesterday, painful.

We have a shit manager, hope this information helps.

I'd argue all day and night that we didn't deserve lose yesterday, a draw would have been fair. We did play by far the better stuff but just couldn't break them down, the early goal meant we wouldn't be able to counter. Call me a WUM all you like but I'm not going to change my views on the back of one game. They beat us, great strike, fair play to them, but I'm not coming on here to slaughter our players.

I'd argue all day and night that we didn't deserve lose yesterday, a draw would have been fair. We did play by far the better stuff but just couldn't break them down, the early goal meant we wouldn't be able to counter. Call me a WUM all you like but I'm not going to change my views on the back of one game. They beat us, great strike, fair play to them, but I'm not coming on here to slaughter our players.

Breaking teams down and creating chances is the most important thing in football so you are talking shite.

Breaking teams down and creating chances is the most important thing in football so you are talking s****.

We struggled, Ben arfa had another poor game, wasn't through his lack of effort, nothing paid off for him. Remy just went missing, Gouffran just ran around doing nothing. When your three forwards aren't in the game, you're going to struggle and we did but we kept the ball well and kept plugging away, after our goal went in thought we would go on to win, think our players sensed that too but got done by a very good goal on the break, it can happen.

Breaking teams down and creating chances is the most important thing in football so you are talking s****.

We struggled, Ben arfa had another poor game, wasn't through his lack of effort, nothing paid off for him. Remy just went missing, Gouffran just ran around doing nothing. When your three forwards aren't in the game, you're going to struggle and we did but we kept the ball well and kept plugging away, after our goal went in thought we would go on to win, think our players sensed that too but got done by a very good goal on the break, it can happen.

So why does this keep happening then mate? Why did it happen at St James when they turned us over? Why did we look disorganised, clueless, lacking fight? Let's look at the common denominator, the manager and coaching set up is woefully ill equipped. The players aren't blameless but I'm sorry the current set up just simply don't have a clue what they're doing and it's becoming glaringly obvious. In fact it hasn't become obvious it's been fucking obvious for months and months

:la:

Abuse?  Mass bullying on a grand scale.  I feel victimised.  Haven't even read the rest of it, why would you bother.

Ben Arfa was played with his back to goal against a mob hell bent on clattering him to get a reaction from the crowd. Huge f***ing erm "tactical" error.

Remy played wide on the left, again mostly with his back to goal. He was relatively effective in the lone man role facing his own midfield against Liverpool, but we were down to 10 men. This match was a different animal. He needed to be facing forward running onto passes. Same as HBA.

Gouffran must have played 3 different positions in this game.

The reason our forward 3 didn't work is because we had ZERO structure in midfield, where the players were never sure if it was a midfield 3 or 4. Sissoko being hung out to dry on the left wing ffs when he should be driving forward! When Cisse came on, was he up front together with Remy? When Shola came on, was he meant to play up front or just off Cisse? Where were the crosses in for the big lad?

No one had a clue what they were doing. Because Pardew is out of his depth. He's a hapless fish out of water and it's only a matter of time before something gives. The opening goal fucked us completely, but our lot came out as if they hadn't been expecting the blistering start. Manager's fault.

Played by far the better football? No. We kept the ball yes, but did sweet f*** all with it.