Alan Pardew

Mike

Is Pardew statistically the best manager Sunderland have had in a couple of decades? Reid won two on the bounce (I think) but I don't recall many before or after that in my time like.

Don't think so. They won 2 in 2 at St James's, but we held them at the SoS in-between.

As I recall our overall Reid's record

1-2, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 2-1, 1-1, 1-1, 0-1, 0-2 (or he was maybe sacked before that last 0-2, with Shearer through the wall and Bellamy)

WHEN will this abomination of a football manager be sacked?

Absolutely astounds me that some fuckwits insist on him being a decent manager, a short or long term solution, a man that deserves to be in charge of this club. It's madness, do these people genuinely think that another manager would have failed to get our lot fired up against the side that's bottom of the fucking league. Regardless of Sunday, it's been painfully obvious for so long now that Pardew is clueless. You can see it in the way we play, there's no plan, no organisation and no philosophy what so ever. Our team is merely a group of admittedly pretty talented footballers bounded together with no direction or stratergy doing the best they can, hence why we seem to rely on individual brilliance or individual performances so often. Absolutely no doubt that a different manager would get 100% more out of this group of players than this arsehole. That without going into the excuses, the bullshit, the contempt for the fans etc. He's an absolute joke.

Is Pardew statistically the best manager Sunderland have had in a couple of decades? Reid won two on the bounce (I think) but I don't recall many before or after that in my time like.

Don't think so. They won 2 in 2 at St James's, but we held them at the SoS in-between.

As I recall our overall Reid's record

1-2, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 2-1, 1-1, 1-1, 0-1, 0-2 (or he was maybe sacked before that last 0-2, with Shearer through the wall and Bellamy)

So Pardew probably is the best Sunderland manager for decades then. Some going, fucking bellend.

I'd argue all day and night that we didn't deserve lose yesterday, a draw would have been fair. We did play by far the better stuff but just couldn't break them down, the early goal meant we wouldn't be able to counter. Call me a WUM all you like but I'm not going to change my views on the back of one game. They beat us, great strike, fair play to them, but I'm not coming on here to slaughter our players.

Passing it around them up to the box and having a few long rangers is no good man when they have the worst defence in the league.

They had the much better chances.  Dummet standing off and allowing Altiadoredore to nip in between him and Krul.Borini's meg of Krul before he scored. Before the first goal Krul was at full stretch to make a save from someone too.

EDIT:  Our best chance was a near own goal minutes from the end.

I didn't think neither team created anything, both teams were relatively restricted to long range efforts but we were far better at keeping the ball then them, just once we moved the ball into the final 3rd our movement was terrible and never stretched them enough. Thought it was an awful game but we didn't deserve to lose and a draw would have been fair. Some people may think Sunderland were good value for their 3 points, that's entirely their own judgement. I just didn't see it that way, once we scored i thought we would go on to win it but it wasn't to be. No good looking by now thinking what might have been or could have been, tough games coming up fast and best to concentrate on them now.

If this was any old game, then yes, second half we played the better "football" but only in terms of retention. Obviously we did fuck all with it apart from Debuchy's goal, and one or two long range efforts coming from Cabaye and Shola. So a draw would have been a fair reflection of the overall match.

Seeing as it was a fierce local derby, being played in front of their rabble, on that rubbish dump of a turf, needing to avenge the last derby defeat (or in their case, them needing their first win of the season, heaping more misery on us in local bragging stakes), they ultimately deserved to win because they opened us up on the one occasion that mattered and scored the winner.

Anyone watch/listen to Sunday Suppliment on sunday? I listened to the podcast version last night and when they began talking about newcastle v sunderland game they were giving Pardew so much praise calling him a very good manager. Neil Custis? I think it was talked how the pressure Pardew receives is disgraceful and that he has been very dignified. Made me rather annoyed (was about 55mins into podcast) then the other 3 journalsts backed him up. Why does he get such an easy ride all the time

Anyone watch/listen to Sunday Suppliment on sunday? I listened to the podcast version last night and when they began talking about newcastle v sunderland game they were giving Pardew so much praise calling him a very good manager. Neil Custis? I think it was talked how the pressure Pardew receives is disgraceful and that he has been very dignified. Made me rather annoyed (was about 55mins into podcast) then the other 3 journalsts backed him up. Why does he get such an easy ride all the time

Neil Custis is a prick that's why :)

I'd argue all day and night that we didn't deserve lose yesterday, a draw would have been fair. We did play by far the better stuff but just couldn't break them down, the early goal meant we wouldn't be able to counter. Call me a WUM all you like but I'm not going to change my views on the back of one game. They beat us, great strike, fair play to them, but I'm not coming on here to slaughter our players.

Passing it around them up to the box and having a few long rangers is no good man when they have the worst defence in the league.

They had the much better chances.  Dummet standing off and allowing Altiadoredore to nip in between him and Krul.Borini's meg of Krul before he scored. Before the first goal Krul was at full stretch to make a save from someone too.

I didn't think neither team created anything, both teams were relatively restricted to long range efforts but we were far better at keeping the ball then them, just once we moved the ball into the final 3rd our movement was terrible and never stretched them enough. Thought it was an awful game but we didn't deserve to lose and a draw would have been fair. Some people may think Sunderland were good value for their 3 points, that's entirely their own judgement. I just didn't see it that way, once we scored i thought we would go on to win it but it wasn't to be. No good looking by now thinking what might have been or could have been, tough games coming up fast and best to concentrate on them now.

I've given you examples of what the Mackems did create though so you can't say they didn't do that.  All were better chances than ours, so if anyone deserved the points it was them. They were rank anaarl.

I would hope we are looking back at performances to learn from them.  Our mistake was not looking back at the 3 nowt enough to see what a derby is about and taking revenge.

You've mentioned Altidore nipping in as a chance, he wasn't even in control of the ball at any point. Was a nervy moment which was over in seconds. Krul did make an outstretched save but that was from a long ranger, Borini's was a decent chance but Krul made a hash of it really. I thought both sides carved out a couple of half chances at best, we had long range efforts, so did they, just one of theirs flew into the top corner, hard to take but it can happen. 

Without having to read through the rest of your mind-boggling posts, are you defending us for not beating a team with 1 point so far this season?

WHEN will this abomination of a football manager be sacked?

Absolutely astounds me that some fuckwits insist on him being a decent manager, a short or long term solution, a man that deserves to be in charge of this club. It's madness, do these people genuinely think that another manager would have failed to get our lot fired up against the side that's bottom of the f***ing league. Regardless of Sunday, it's been painfully obvious for so long now that Pardew is clueless. You can see it in the way we play, there's no plan, no organisation and no philosophy what so ever. Our team is merely a group of admittedly pretty talented footballers bounded together with no direction or stratergy doing the best they can, hence why we seem to rely on individual brilliance or individual performances so often. Absolutely no doubt that a different manager would get 100% more out of this group of players than this arsehole. That without going into the excuses, the bullshit, the contempt for the fans etc. He's an absolute joke.

How can you ask that question, write about 150 words on the subject, and not mention Ashley once?

I've given you examples of what the Mackems did create though so you can't say they didn't do that.  All were better chances than ours, so if anyone deserved the points it was them. They were rank anaarl.

I would hope we are looking back at performances to learn from them.  Our mistake was not looking back at the 3 nowt enough to see what a derby is about and taking revenge.

You've mentioned Altidore nipping in as a chance, he wasn't even in control of the ball at any point. Was a nervy moment which was over in seconds. Krul did make an outstretched save but that was from a long ranger, Borini's was a decent chance but Krul made a hash of it really. I thought both sides carved out a couple of half chances at best, we had long range efforts, so did they, just one of theirs flew into the top corner, hard to take but it can happen. 

Without having to read through the rest of your mind-boggling posts, are you defending us for not beating a team with 1 point so far this season?

I'm not defending the fact they didn't win the game, no. That performance didn't deserve to win any football match.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what we deserved. We lost to the worst team in the league while playing terrible football. 

With shit tactics, no gameplan, players being played out of position and no motivation.

Ridiculous to defend a performance even the manager himself is raging about.

I don't think anybody can defend the fact to why we didn't beat that awful side. They were the worst i've seen this year and we still ended up losing. Absolute joke but i still think the mackems will go down as even though they got the 3 points, they didn't deserve them and those kind of strikes won't be flying in every week for them.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They'll go down and they wont care so long as they've beat us.

Even Jonathon Wilson the author said that - and he's a clever bloke.

I don't think anybody can defend the fact to why we didn't beat that awful side. They were the worst i've seen this year and we still ended up losing. Absolute joke but i still think the mackems will go down as even though they got the 3 points, they didn't deserve them and those kind of strikes won't be flying in every week for them.

Just like us then.

Guest neesy111

They deserved it because they produced the only remote of quality in a rotten game with the winner.

Considering that the performance of the losing team was even shitter.

So yes they did deserved every bit of the win.

Not for me like, thought it was looking like would only be us going on to score again after our goal, didn't imagine them scoring again for a single second.

Considering that the performance of the losing team was even shitter.

So yes they did deserved every bit of the win.

Not for me like, thought it was looking like would only be us going on to score again after our goal, didn't imagine them scoring again for a single second.

You know those are the exact words what came out of Pardew's arse during post match interview.  Really not wise to repeat them.

Hook, line and sinker.  :facepalm:

Well if he did say that or to that effect, i agree with him. I thought they had a period of about 5 minutes when they just started to get a foot hold back in the game but then we were just starting to take control again when Tiote gave away the free kick and they countered from it. Once we scored though I really fancied us to go on win the game at the time.

"It wasn't extreme in terms of performance.         

"I disagree with that.           

"It was a rejuvenated Sunderland.           

"But we should have won the game.

"The disappointment is that we didn't."           

"It is a good game.         

"It is difficult, but when you have the best players in Europe coming to you, you want to impress.           

"We have two games I feel we can win.           

"Man City have been a problem team for us.           

"We haven't done very well against them.           

"We have to look at how we can improve on them tomorrow."

Shitest haiku's ever tbh.

Me and all the lads I watched with all thought as much like.

Once we scored there should only have been one winner because the Mackems were on the ropes. they were wrecked off their efforts up to that point, wounded that those efforts hadn't given them a bigger lead and psychologically it was ours for the taking.

The fact we didn't win from there and never crafted anything but a long range effort is not a positive to be taken from the game Brett.

Alan Pardew has defended his team's derby day performance for a second time in the build-up to the clash with Manchester City.           

The Toon boss - who will be without Fabricio Coloccini and Steven Taylor for the clash - is expecting a reaction from his players.           

But did not stick the boot into his team in public.           

Pardew is thought to have given some home truths in the aftermath to derby day defeat.

But said today: "It wasn't extreme in terms of performance.         

"I disagree with that.           

"It was a rejuvenated Sunderland.           

"But we should have won the game.

"The disappointment is that we didn't."           

Now though he is geared up for the clash with Man City in the last 16 of the League Cup.

He said: "It is a good game.         

"It is difficult, but when you have the best players in Europe coming to you, you want to impress.           

"We have two games I feel we can win.           

"Man City have been a problem team for us.           

"We haven't done very well against them.           

"We have to look at how we can improve on them tomorrow."

"rejuvenated"  Just lost their manager gets another nut case the orchestrator of "Poo-Gate" in charge,  loses another match, gets smashed 4 past them.