Alan Pardew

Mike

Anita and Ben Arfa on the bench. This is a joke right?

i understand HBA, i really do, but when anita is on the pitch we're a much better passing team and can hold the ball better which is important against teams like spurs...if we turn possession over to them too often they'll bury us early imo

no sense leaving anita out, none whatsoever

Not sure what Anita needs to do tbh, he won us the game last week.

Anita and Ben Arfa on the bench. This is a joke right?

i understand HBA, i really do, but when anita is on the pitch we're a much better passing team and can hold the ball better which is important against teams like spurs...if we turn possession over to them too often they'll bury us early imo

no sense leaving anita out, none whatsoever

Not sure what Anita needs to do tbh, he won us the game last week.

It's Pardew. He's (Anita) going to leave in January, it's a World Cup year and he is definitely in consideration for the dutch squad as long as he gets playing time.

As much as I think Pardew is woefully poor, I'm beginning to think he actually understands how to play 4-4-2 and little else. Like we are pressing well which we don't ever do in another formation, the shape is better and we gnerally look more cohesive. Shame our target man is Shola!

As much as I think Pardew is woefully poor, I'm beginning to think he actually understands how to play 4-4-2 and little else. Like we are pressing well which we don't ever do in another formation, the shape is better and we gnerally look more cohesive. Shame our target man is Shola!

Aye, I've said this a few times in the last couple of years. The 5th place season was based on a foundation of 4-4-2 with Ba and Best up front and two settled banks of four. The 4-3-3 was nice for a while but we were riding the crest of a wave by that point.

The problem is that we don't buy players that suit the needs of the team. If we buy them at all.

We get a goal, the opposition attack a bit more. Nothing unusual in that, see how it pans out.

We stopped pressing completely. We were actually for once pressing them. Stopped completely after the goal.

Aye, I've said this a few times in the last couple of years. The 5th place season was based on a foundation of 4-4-2 with Ba and Best up front and two settled banks of four. The 4-3-3 was nice for a while but we were riding the crest of a wave by that point.

The problem is that we don't buy players that suit the needs of the team. If we buy them at all.

:thup:

So far so good, long time to go yet.

Unfortunately, we got a goal and he reverted back to his favourite tactic. Defend at all costs.

How is that we made two good chances.  You mean the home team are attcking and playing better.

People get confused by that a lot!

So far so good, long time to go yet.

Unfortunately, we got a goal and he reverted back to his favourite tactic. Defend at all costs.

How is that we made two good chances.  You mean the home team are attcking and playing better.

People get confused by that a lot!

Read my post in the beginning of this page. It's the pressing bit, nothing has changed form the past weeks if you disregard form the first 15 minutes where we were pressing and trying to stop their passing.

We get a goal, the opposition attack a bit more. Nothing unusual in that, see how it pans out.

We stopped pressing completely. We were actually for once pressing them. Stopped completely after the goal.

Just had two nearly very good chances.

They are the home side and the better team. We will be under the cosh at times. It doesn't mean we are being negative.

Annother good chanc office.

hate this denfending s***

:lol:

Good, have you heard of counter-attacking? A defensive team can still create chances on counter-attacks, still we're back to pressing a bit, might have just been a fitness thing.

Look at us and all our negativity :lol:

All joking aside, I have been very critical about Pardew's cowardice but if you can deem this performance (so far) as him being overly cautious then you're not really watching the game.

Look at us and all our negativity :lol:

All joking aside, I have been very critical about Pardew's cowardice but if you can deem this performance (so far) as him being overly cautious then you're not really watching the game.

Like I said, I felt for 20 minutes there that we were sitting a bit and trying to counter. This first half has been very good, very impressed with the fact that he actually got us pressing quite high in the beginning which got us a goal. I just don't think we've been excellent, and the fact that they couldn't create that many chances when we were sitting is evidence of that (as they're having a terrible game, Dembele and Walker are having nightmares)