Alan Pardew

Mike

It won't change unless we stop getting results.

As was stated pre-match, it's his usual rinse-and-repeat steps.  Stick with something until we lose, then start again with something else.  His current idea being a flat 4-4-2 featuring Shola.

The flat 4-4-2 with Shola was fine in the first half, we created plenty of chances. Had some bad moments defensively mind. The problem in the second half wasn't the formation, it was that we stopped pressing, sat deep and invited pressure. I don't hate Pardew but I get totally p*ssed off when we get a lead and do this. Its ridiculous, has cost us points and we show no signs of changing it. 

was it a decision to do that today though, gouffran can't keep up the pressure for 90, cabaye's substitution was more fatigue than tactical and sissoko had been away aswell. do you think the plan is to sit so deep after taking a lead ? seemed like we ran out of legs more than anything tactical.

:lol:

Lost count of how many times I've read this post in the last three years.

As was stated pre-match, it's his usual rinse-and-repeat steps.  Stick with something until we lose, then start again with something else.  His current idea being a flat 4-4-2 featuring Shola.

The flat 4-4-2 with Shola was fine in the first half, we created plenty of chances. Had some bad moments defensively mind. The problem in the second half wasn't the formation, it was that we stopped pressing, sat deep and invited pressure. I don't hate Pardew but I get totally p*ssed off when we get a lead and do this. Its ridiculous, has cost us points and we show no signs of changing it. 

was it a decision to do that today though, gouffran can't keep up the pressure for 90, cabaye's substitution was more fatigue than tactical and sissoko had been away aswell. do you think the plan is to sit so deep after taking a lead ? seemed like we ran out of legs more than anything tactical.

majority of the time you'd probably have had a point, not sure about today though.

majority of the time you'd probably have had a point, not sure about today though.

Even though the manager has admitted it afterwards?

"We went out to protect it after half time. I put them in the wrong mode with the wrong words"

That is how we play under Pardew. Always has been, always will be.

Even though the manager has admitted it afterwards?

"We went out to protect it after half time. I put them in the wrong mode with the wrong words"

That is how we play under Pardew. Always has been, always will be.

plan due to the lack of legs perhaps, cabaye and gouffran looked shagged second half and remy not far behind. tactics dictated by circumstances maybe ?

Guest bimpy474

Likelihood is as well, he'll end up Manager of the Month for November if we avoid defeat next week. :lol:

Well the results will rightly say he deserves it. Performances maybe not but beating Chelsea and Tottenham will swing it. (if we do indeed avoid defeat v W.B.A.)

Guest bimpy474

Does he get credit for 3 set piece goals in the last 5 games?

Startling improvement on last year. All 3 goals scored by 6"4 monsters as he explained as well......

Dont suppose they award it on performances, the results wil swing it.

would have been more comfortable if Sissoko had taken his two chances & Cisse hadn't been flagged offside (which MOTD said he was onside)

While this is true it still doesn't excuse the ridiculous inviting Norwich on and inviting them back into the game instead of finishing them off.

It takes a special kind of cautiousness to repeatedly sit on a lead when you've seen it blow up in your face so many times.  The daft cunt doesn't even realise that if he set his team up the same way for 90 minutes it would generally make his job more comfortable.

How many games have we won by 3+ goals under him in nearly 3 years?

Guest bimpy474

It takes a special kind of cautiousness to repeatedly sit on a lead when you've seen it blow up in your face so many times.  The daft cunt doesn't even realise that if he set his team up the same way for 90 minutes it would generally make his job more comfortable.

How many games have we won by 3+ goals under him in nearly 3 years?

Well we haven't scored 3 in a game since March i think it is. I think we've only scored 3 or more only about a dozen times in a 100 odd games.

We beat West Ham 5-0 in his first season, Man Utd and Stoke 3-0 in his second, Wigan 3-0 in his 3rd.  That's it.

That is an incredible record, I've been watching us for 20 years and law of averages usually dictates that even a shite NUFC side will smash a few teams every season.  It just shows how laughable it is that you have the same jokers on here time and time again saying it's just some strange quirk that we always appear to sit on a lead, that the players tire, etc.  A 2 goal margin is generally as good as it gets and we defend it with our lives, compare that with the Keegan quotes that surfaced on here the other day from that West Ham match FFS and you'll see why people get fucked off with what they're seeing.

TLDR: Alan Pardew sucks the vast majority of fun out of football.