Alan Pardew

Mike

Cyber tears? That's weird, there was plenty of complaining going on around me in the Gallowgate.

If results are all that matters, why does anyone go to the match, or even watch it? Why not just look on teletext at the final score at 5pm? One line of text telling you if we won, lost or drew, done. No need to go any further. It's bollocks.

Of course results determine where you are in the table but I go to the games to support the team and enjoy myself, and that second half today was f***ing abysmal. Pathetically negative crap, for no reason at all. No interest in scoring more goals and 11 men in our box for every set piece (despite not being able to defend them), all we did was hand them the initiative and hope they weren't good enough to make their dominance count. Fortunately they weren't.

I'm grateful for the three points, but ultimately that's because Norwich City were s*** and little more. Not good enough, sorry.

Good post. :thup:

:clap:

Just get enough points nothing more is sadly the motto of our club at the moment, no ambition.

Guest bimpy474

Cyber tears? That's weird, there was plenty of complaining going on around me in the Gallowgate.

If results are all that matters, why does anyone go to the match, or even watch it? Why not just look on teletext at the final score at 5pm? One line of text telling you if we won, lost or drew, done. No need to go any further. It's bollocks.

Of course results determine where you are in the table but I go to the games to support the team and enjoy myself, and that second half today was fucking abysmal. Pathetically negative crap, for no reason at all. No interest in scoring more goals and 11 men in our box for every set piece (despite not being able to defend them), all we did was hand them the initiative and hope they weren't good enough to make their dominance count. Fortunately they weren't.

I'm grateful for the three points, but ultimately that's because Norwich City were shit and little more. Not good enough, sorry.

Good post. :thup:

Good double post, despite the quick deletion by Cyber Dave. :lol:

It's acceptable in certain circumstances against teams we can't compete with (copyright A. Pardew) or in the cup etc when the sole aim is to get through (something A. Pardew isn't entirely familiar with) but from comfortably 2-0 up against a shite team at home? Fuck off.

Had Remy got his head up at key moments in the second half, we'd probably have had a couple more goals. But that underlines how much Norwich were there for the taking, and nowt else.

This was a huge chance for the manager to make a statement today, yet - as well he might be given where he was before we rescued him and where he would be again if we dumped him - he was again gripped by fear.

The only thing more predictable than the second half today was that people would be saying 'won three in a row, stop complaining'. :anguish:

Nobody has told anyone what to dee. People are free to spend their Saturday night crying cyber tears after another 3 points if they do so wish.

Just don't understand the 'look at the bigger picture' arrogance. I'd say we are at/above where we should be if you look at the table.

:lol:

Of course results determine where you are in the table but I go to the games to support the team and enjoy myself, and that second half today was f***ing abysmal. Pathetically negative crap, for no reason at all. No interest in scoring more goals and 11 men in our box for every set piece (despite not being able to defend them), all we did was hand them the initiative and hope they weren't good enough to make their dominance count. Fortunately they weren't.

I'm grateful for the three points, but ultimately that's because Norwich City were s*** and little more. Not good enough, sorry.

:thup: :clap:

The second half wasn't good enough, there's nay hiding that, but it's not as if there's any balance to the critique here. It's solely a case of focusing on that final 45 while ignoring a good first half that ultimately resulted in a victory.

Is it SUSTAINABLE? Who knows, but on the whole he's doing an areet job this season.

Guest icemanblue

Of course results determine where you are in the table but I go to the games to support the team and enjoy myself, and that second half today was fucking abysmal. Pathetically negative crap, for no reason at all. No interest in scoring more goals and 11 men in our box for every set piece (despite not being able to defend them), all we did was hand them the initiative and hope they weren't good enough to make their dominance count. Fortunately they weren't.

I'm grateful for the three points, but ultimately that's because Norwich City were shit and little more. Not good enough, sorry.

There was me thinking we'd scored two goals and dominated the first half. Were we lucky, or flukey, in terms of deserving a win? No, not for me. The second half was shite, no doubt about it. But, you're going way, way overboard with this.

People are rightly concerned about our inability to play well for a full game, and our hold-on-for-dear-life attitude against teams that we should comfortably beat, particularly when we are on top.

It should also be stated that it's nothing new and we've already seen what this sort of football does to you if you haven't got a striker in brilliant form.

Guest bimpy474

The only thing more predictable than the second half today was that people would be saying 'won three in a row, stop complaining'. :anguish:

Nobody has told anyone what to dee. People are free to spend their Saturday night crying cyber tears after another 3 points if they do so wish.

Just don't understand the 'look at the bigger picture' arrogance. I'd say we are at/above where we should be if you look at the table.

:lol:

:giggs:

Guest icemanblue

Is it SUSTAINABLE?

No

Who knows.

We do, we've already seen where it takes you when you don't get enough of a cushion to cancel out the period of the game that you concede by choice.

But, isn't the point that we only ever play like this when we've put ourselves in that position?

THE CUBE.

Coward.

Never have we gone out to batter a fucking team, especially when we're holding on to any sort of lead from the first half.

This team has been working for him, so credit where credit's due, but that second half was classic Pardew, asscheeks clenched, sedating players with his half-time team squawk.

Is it SUSTAINABLE?

No

Who knows.

We do, we've already seen where it takes you when you don't get enough of a cushion to cancel out the period of the game that you concede by choice.

But, isn't the point that we only ever play like this when we've put ourselves in that position?

THE CUBE.

If the logic was sound you wouldn't get results like Reading at home, there's plenty more examples.

I sometimes think the best way to be on a message board is to be completely and totally reactive based on the previous event -- we win, everything is awesome, Pardiola for Ballon D'Or, we lose, OMGZ SACK THE BASTID.

I'm consistently in the camp of sacking this fool, but nothing will come of it. So I hope he keeps up this new setup within the team he found, and we play well for 60 minutes, and hope the opposition doesn't nick 1 more goal. That looks like the summit of our season, our highest hope.

This guy is the flukiest f***er in football. So unnecessarily negative it's actually ridiculous.

Agreed, yes some can't see it.

Some can't see that he isn't 'the flukiest fucker in football'? Could it be that this possibly isn't the case?

Nobody has claimed he's a brilliant manager, but should we be embarrassed because we don't buy into that type of hyperbole? :lol:

We're in a good run of form partly because of Pardew. The criticism remains over the top.

Some can't see that he isn't 'the flukiest f***er in football'. Could it be that this possibly isn't the case?

Nobody has claimed he's a brilliant manager, but should we be embarrassed because we don't buy into that type of hyperbole? :lol:

We're in a good run of form partly because of Pardew. The criticism remains over the top.

The criticism of him is justified.

Guest bimpy474

I sometimes think the best way to be on a message board is to be completely and totally reactive based on the previous event -- we win, everything is awesome, Pardiola for Ballon D'Or, we lose, OMGZ SACK THE BASTID.

I'm consistently in the camp of sacking this fool, but nothing will come of it. So I hope he keeps up this new setup within the team he found, and we play well for 60 minutes, and hope the opposition doesn't nick 1 more goal. That looks like the summit of our season, our highest hope.

I've come to the conclusion that Pardew despite what everyone thinks, doesn't send us out defensive in the second halfs of games.

It's just when you get a reaction as you normally do from the opposition if they're behind. That's the problem, he does nothing to counter it, we get pushed back and he just lets it happend and reacts too late. We get pushed back and so deep under pressure there's no way out, whatever the substitutions made.

Tbf he sets the team up well to start with this season, a few have been bad but most have been quite good. As soon as the opposition change, he's not reacted or reacted poorly. It's just him.