Alan Pardew

Mike

I sometimes think the best way to be on a message board is to be completely and totally reactive based on the previous event -- we win, everything is awesome, Pardiola for Ballon D'Or, we lose, OMGZ SACK THE BASTID.

I'm consistently in the camp of sacking this fool, but nothing will come of it. So I hope he keeps up this new setup within the team he found, and we play well for 60 minutes, and hope the opposition doesn't nick 1 more goal. That looks like the summit of our season, our highest hope.

I've come to the conclusion that Pardew despite what everyone thinks, doesn't send us out defensive in the second halfs of games.

It's just when you get a reaction as you normally do from the opposition if they're behind. That's the problem, he does nothing to counter it, we get pushed back and he just lets it happend and reacts too late. We get pushed back and so deep under pressure there's no way out, whatever the substitutions made.

Tbf he sets the team up well to start with this season, a few have been bad but most have been quite good. As soon as the opposition change, he's not reacted or reacted poorly. It's just him.

That could be true, I agree. But inaction is possibly one of the most negatives things one can not do. He doesn't rouse the troops, lay into them to get forward. It's more like "keep it tight, watch the ball..." He doesn't seem to have the personality to lead an army. More the man to keep it ticking over while the general is on a lunch break.

I sometimes think the best way to be on a message board is to be completely and totally reactive based on the previous event -- we win, everything is awesome, Pardiola for Ballon D'Or, we lose, OMGZ SACK THE BASTID.

I'm consistently in the camp of sacking this fool, but nothing will come of it. So I hope he keeps up this new setup within the team he found, and we play well for 60 minutes, and hope the opposition doesn't nick 1 more goal. That looks like the summit of our season, our highest hope.

I've come to the conclusion that Pardew despite what everyone thinks, doesn't send us out defensive in the second halfs of games.

It's just when you get a reaction as you normally do from the opposition if they're behind. That's the problem, he does nothing to counter it, we get pushed back and he just lets it happend and reacts too late. We get pushed back and so deep under pressure there's no way out, whatever the substitutions made.

Tbf he sets the team up well to start with this season, a few have been bad but most have been quite good. As soon as the opposition change, he's not reacted or reacted poorly. It's just him.

That could be true, I agree. But inaction is possibly one of the most negatives things one can not do. He doesn't rouse the troops, lay into them to get forward. It's more like "keep it tight, watch the ball..." He doesn't seem to have the personality to lead an army. More the man to keep it ticking over while the general is on a lunch break.

Doing a very good job of what Ashley wants tbh.

this is it folks, we are at our best here and now. cos believe me, if we look anything like getting near europe we will see strange formations bad results and some diplomatic injuries.

This guy is the flukiest f***er in football. So unnecessarily negative it's actually ridiculous.

Agreed, yes some can't see it.

Some can't see that he isn't 'the flukiest fucker in football'? Could it be that this possibly isn't the case?

Nobody has claimed he's a brilliant manager, but should we be embarrassed because we don't buy into that type of hyperbole? :lol:

We're in a good run of form partly because of Pardew. The criticism remains over the top.

The criticism that's about the way he sets up the team? It's been there for years, good results or not.

good stuff again from Pardew, 3 out of 3.

He prefers to close games out rather than go for the kill - no complaints here as long as it delivers 3 points.

And  when he has a selection of attackers that includes Shola Ameobi as a realistic starter, who can blame him for that mentality?

12 months ago we were a long ball team with an incoherent strike force up front, and it was horrible to watch.

In the last 8 months or so he has tactically outwitted both Hiddink and Mourinho, and the team has been absolutely transformed - the ball is almost always on the deck, even with Williamson in the team.

If he can get a result against West Brom then that will be 4 wins in a row, and will surely guarantee a manager of the month award to go with his manager of the year award.

He is doing a very good job and deserves our full support.

One thing we definitely have seen less of is hoofball, I give you that, Alex. He's actually changed in regards to that in front of our eyes, and we do look good when we have the ball and go forward.

Still shit.

3 wins on the spin, good grief.

Guest bimpy474

good stuff again from Pardew, 3 out of 3.

He prefers to close games out rather than go for the kill - no complaints here as long as it delivers 3 points.

And  when he has a selection of attackers that includes Shola Ameobi as a realistic starter, who can blame him for that mentality?

12 months ago we were a long ball team with an incoherent strike force up front, and it was horrible to watch.

In the last 8 months or so he has tactically outwitted both Hiddink and Mourinho, and the team has been absolutely transformed - the ball is almost always on the deck, even with Williamson in the team.

If he can get a result against West Brom then that will be 4 wins in a row, and will surely guarantee a manager of the month award to go with his manager of the year award.

He is doing a very good job and deserves our full support.

I actually agree with a fair chunk of this, and i say that as someone who grew to detest Pardew last season because of the style of football.  I disagree with the 'no complaints here as long as it delivers 3 points.'. I like football played the right way and to be fair Pardew is attempting to do that as you said later in your post, about us being a long ball team last season.

I dont accept it's because of Shola and lack of options that you get deeper and deeper and dont attack teams because you're 2-0 up. It's Pardew inability top see the opposition has changed and are getting at us because they have just been given a bollocking.

But through gritted teeth, he is doing a fairly good job, the table doesn't lie. He has my support as our manager as i support Newcastle, he certainly doesn't have it as a person, as he's proved time and time again he's an arse licking, two faced, lying wanker.

One thing we definitely have seen less of is hoofball, I give you that, Alex. He's actually changed in regards to that in front of our eyes, and we do look good when we have the ball and go forward.

Still shit.

3 wins on the spin, good grief.

Have you not read any of my previous posts in this very thread? Or anyone else's?

He can have 4 wins in a row and still needs shot. Not the long-term answer, he shouldn't even be here right now.

If only we'd pay the right money and bring in a half decent manager instead of this fraud.

Spot on. We're operating below our capacity merely because of him and his f***ing have what we hold attitude against sides worse than us.

Below our capacity. :lol: We'll be at most three points off the top four by the end of the weekend. People just like to complain about him.

We just like to complain about a manager who has two CMs that start games for France yet we can't control games at home to Norwich and Hull? Wow.

I thought the squad wasn't good enough, Sissoko was overrated, and the transfer policy had produced a team full of pieces that didn't fit. This is what was being said in September. What has changed?

I don't know, derby game aside, I've been quite impressed with our play in general since the start of October. NUFC have come out from the start and been the better team in just about every match during this period. I'd agree that we have had a problem with tiring, sitting back, and pressing at a lesser rate in the second halves of several matches, but these haven't been false results at all, imo. I'd understand if it the team had stolen one goal and spent the whole match holding on, but Norwich barely threatened until the last ten minutes.

Heres his Premier League record over the last 12 months:

LLLLWLLWLLLDL

Sign Sissokho, Gouffran, etc in mid Jan

WWLWLWLLWLDLDWL

Sign Remy pre season

LDWWLLWDLWWW

If you can't see progress there it's because you don't want to.

Lets get behind him and hope he can keep it going.