Alan Pardew

Mike

Sorry HF but Norwich were absolute s**** all game and were their for the taking.

Erm, we did take them.

If Cisse's goal had stood (as it should have) we'd have won it in a canter as opposed to winning it comfortably.

Comfortably?

In these so called disastrous closing stages how many saves did Krull have to make, Spurs last week was anything but comfortable, yesterday was IMO, they had a lot of the ball, but in terms of REAL chances they created bugger all. (2 attempts on target all game) If the linesman doesn't make that mistake we would have walked it.

I was nervous as f*** last 10 minutes but that was more based on the ingrained over decades - "typical Newcastle will throw this away" conviction, than what was actually happening in front of me.

As long as Pardew wins I won't cry or complain, but a lot of people have made some very good points. In the second half we invited them into pressure, had they been a bit better they would've punished us. Look at football in general, inviting pressure and playing defensively when leading causes more losses of points than not. We were 2-0 up and Norwich is a terrible side, why were we letting them dictate the game? New excuse every week, last week it was we were away to a better side and this week when we play an inferior side it's because the players were tired. What's next? Players fault when we actually lose from being infront? 

Krul had nothing to do and Cisse scored a perfectly good goal - was very comfortable imo, just a bit boring.

You're telling us that when Fer made it 2-1 you were sure we were still going to win? I was nervous as I knew they'd score at least one the way the 2nd half was being played, don't really see why they wouldn't be capable of getting another?

Each 2nd half he is riding luck completely; Spurs game especially. It's not about 'dominating' at all and I'm pleased with the way he's got us playing going forward, finally utilising soe of the talent we have available and getting the best out of players such as Tiote. He needs to pack in this backs to the wall shit though because that's where the inconsistency in results comes from imo.

Sorry HF but Norwich were absolute s**** all game and were their for the taking.

Erm, we did take them.

If Cisse's goal had stood (as it should have) we'd have won it in a canter as opposed to winning it comfortably.

Comfortably?

In these so called disastrous closing stages how many saves did Krull have to make, Spurs last week was anything but comfortable, yesterday was IMO, they had a lot of the ball, but in terms of REAL chances they created bugger all. (2 attempts on target all game) If the linesman doesn't make that mistake we would have walked it.

I was nervous as f*** last 10 minutes but that was more based on the ingrained over decades - "typical Newcastle will throw this away" conviction, than what was actually happening in front of me.

As long as Pardew wins I won't cry or complain, but a lot of people have made some very good points. In the second half we invited them into pressure, had they been a bit better they would've punished us. Look at football in general, inviting pressure and playing defensively when leading causes more losses of points than not. We were 2-0 up and Norwich is a terrible side, why were we letting them dictate the game? New excuse every week, last week it was we were away to a better side and this week when we play an inferior side it's because the players were tired. What's next? Players fault when we actually lose from being infront? 

Aye a better team would have punished us, like Spurs did last week ;-) Norwich are terrible ?, really, no-one but Arsenal and Man C have put three past them this season (I think HF stated) we would have matched that (if not for a bad decision).

Why oh why is any excuse needed when we win ???? Job done end of.

The way this season is shaping up, any team can beat any other team and implicit in that is that any team will have periods in games where they pressure the other team, we won, am happy and that's three on the bounce two of them against so called much better sides.

Krul had nothing to do and Cisse scored a perfectly good goal - was very comfortable imo, just a bit boring.

You're telling us that when Fer made it 2-1 you were sure we were still going to win? I was nervous as I knew they'd score at least one the way the 2nd half was being played, don't really see why they wouldn't be capable of getting another?

The way I recall the 2nd half going was Norwich being so totally ineffective that their supporters were actually sarcastically cheering when they got a corner, until they surprisingly scored one of them in the 80th minute. They put bodies forward after that but didn't manage a single shot on target, while Cisse actually had the ball in the net. Didn't like the way we defended set pieces but aside from that I wasn't worried in the slightest.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I was worried - naturally - but I don't think that was necessarily contingent with what was happening on the pitch as it never is to any great degree when closing out a match.

People were bringing up doubts and concerns about the way we play in the season we finished fifth and were shouted down with the familiar cry of 'Look at the table'.  The next season exactly what they were saying came about.

Just saying.

It takes a special kind of cautiousness to repeatedly sit on a lead when you've seen it blow up in your face so many times.  The daft cunt doesn't even realise that if he set his team up the same way for 90 minutes it would generally make his job more comfortable.

How many games have we won by 3+ goals under him in nearly 3 years?

Childish demanding we should be spanking teams week in and week out, with 90 minutes of total dominance.

Yeah, those DEMANDS would be a little bit childish wouldn't they? Realistically though all anyone wants is the manager to set up the team in a way that's not solely reliable on an in form striker and riding our luck. You come unstuck with this sort of plan. I can prove it as well, because it happened last season and it'll happen again under Pardew. All it takes is a bit of misfortune, a couple of injuries or heaven forbid a few extra fixtures.

There's also the joyless factor, like. I can barely be bothered to watch these days.

Just to clarify, we deserved the win but to let a poor side back into a game they had no right to be in was shocking. It's as if goal difference doesn't exist in Pardewland. And irrespective of goal difference,  it's not as if this keep what we have second half tactical change hasn't bit our arse before. That second half should have really seen us go for the jugular and getting our goal difference better.

It just shows how laughable it is that you have the same jokers on here time and time again saying it's just some strange quirk that we always appear to sit on a lead, that the players tire, etc.

There's a few posters on here who seem to think that being a contrarian is the height of debate. It's the only reason I can think of for continually ignoring what's in front of them.

Same football now as it was going on 3 years ago. Pardew's been so incredibly lucky to have 3 strikers play the best football of their careers for us for up to 6 months at a time to cover up how shocking we are playing with the players we have available.

The annoying thing is that Pardew can have them playing well, and sometimes does. This season is clearly better than last in this regard, irrespective of results. The first half yesterday was a prime example of his negativity though, we were comfortably the better team and 2-0 up. Another goal would have absolutely buried them, and he could have then made changes if necessary to rest 'tired' legs.

Instead we just invited them back into the game and spent almost the entire half chasing the ball - how that's somehow less tiring is beyond me. Then the home fans are screaming for the fulltime whistle when it should have been the away fans. The argument that you can expect good sides will up their game when they're behind to us is fine, but not against Norwich City at home. A team that had only scored two away goals all season, conceding more than anyone else.

Just unnecessary.

It just shows how laughable it is that you have the same jokers on here time and time again saying it's just some strange quirk that we always appear to sit on a lead, that the players tire, etc.

There's a few posters on here who seem to think that being a contrarian is the height of debate. It's the only reason I can think of for continually ignoring what's in front of them.

Everyone is aware of our limitations.

It's not contrary to accept that despite those limitations we're much better off than ANYONE had any hope we would be at this point and look forward to the next few games with more optimism than we've had in a year now.  I prefer that than a pissy disregard for 9 points from 9 because we conceded 1 in 270 minutes.

It's not contrary to accept that despite those limitations we're much better off than ANYONE had any hope we would be at this point and look forward to the next few games with more optimism than we've had in a year now.  I prefer that than a pissy disregard for 9 points from 9 because we conceded 1 in 270 minutes.

8th. Won 6, lost 4.

I'm sorry like, but we aren't better off than ANYONE could have hoped or expected. Better off than expected 4 games ago, maybe.

Guest neesy111

But people arent saying "sound" are they.

They are, just you're trying to twist views to say that they aren't.

I'm happy with our position and I'd take it for our finishing position.

What are you on about?

The discussion was over people finding excuses for us waving the white flag once we're ahead.