Alan Pardew

Mike

How's every other team manage to play for 90 minutes and not look 'shagged'?

There are always a few on here that will keep making excuses for Pardew's management...they cling to nurse for fear of something worse...

How's every other team manage to play for 90 minutes and not look 'shagged'?

There are always a few on here that will keep making excuses for Pardew's management...they cling to nurse for fear of something worse...

The inability to notice very basic trends by some people on here is a real eye-opener.  I'm not Stephen Fry or owt but I'm not thick enough to not see what's clearly happening in front of my own eyes.

It was 2-0 at half time and I knew what our approach would be second half, and that the outcome would be to at best make the second half a non-event and win the game 2-0 and at worst end up drawing or losing the game.  As it happens it was somewhere in between and we pretty much hung on against a poor side.  We took a similar approach in our last game against a good side and had a world-class goalkeeping performance to thank for an excellent result.  I knew we would have tried to shut up shop second half because I'm not an idiot.  It happens every time we go into an interval with a lead under Pardew.  Not once or twice, every time.

But nah, the players decided to sit back or were tired or something.

I honestly think the players are tired and that's the reason why Pardew opted a negative 2nd half.  It nearly backfired, he admitted the fault, that's it.

The real problem isn't about this decision, it is about fitness.  The reason why we always play 45 mins good football is because the players can't do it.  Fitness problem has been always a major issue under Pardew to be honest, which is partly due to lack of squad depth and partl due to his training. 

Of the starting XI, Krul, Santon, MYM, Colo, Williamson, Tiote, Gouffran didn't play any minutes since the last league game 2 weeks ago.

Sissoko (29 mins), Cabaye (90), Remy (61), Shola (63) weren't exactly bursting their guts over 2 international matches.

How can tiredness be used as an excuse?

It's tactical more than anything else. If you get your players to adopt a no-more-goals attitude they are obviously going to be mentally shot well before the final whistle.

I honestly think the players are tired and that's the reason why Pardew opted a negative 2nd half.  It nearly backfired, he admitted the fault, that's it.

The real problem isn't about this decision, it is about fitness.  The reason why we always play 45 mins good football is because the players can't do it.  Fitness problem has been always a major issue under Pardew to be honest, which is partly due to lack of squad depth and partl due to his training. 

Otherwise we would have went out and tried to beat them 4 or 5 nil.  Yep.

Honestly, nothing personal but I find the whole of your post completely astonishing.

We beat West Ham 5-0 in his first season, Man Utd and Stoke 3-0 in his second, Wigan 3-0 in his 3rd.  That's it.

That is an incredible record, I've been watching us for 20 years and law of averages usually dictates that even a shite NUFC side will smash a few teams every season.  It just shows how laughable it is that you have the same jokers on here time and time again saying it's just some strange quirk that we always appear to sit on a lead, that the players tire, etc.  A 2 goal margin is generally as good as it gets and we defend it with our lives, compare that with the Keegan quotes that surfaced on here the other day from that West Ham match FFS and you'll see why people get fucked off with what they're seeing.

TLDR: Alan Pardew sucks the vast majority of fun out of football.

see i could probably live with what he does, if he was any good at it, but he's terrible and we're always hanging on to scrape the win

if he had some quality tactical masterplan and we just shut games down professionally and coasted to the 2-0 then i could see the logic, but it's nothing like that it's just so shit

It takes a special kind of cautiousness to repeatedly sit on a lead when you've seen it blow up in your face so many times.  The daft cunt doesn't even realise that if he set his team up the same way for 90 minutes it would generally make his job more comfortable.

How many games have we won by 3+ goals under him in nearly 3 years?

Same as Everton have managed in the same time span.

Childish demanding we should be spanking teams week in and week out, with 90 minutes of total dominance.

The regularity with which we switch off is annoying, but Everton standard is about the peak or realistic expectation for us.

Guest icemanblue

Well, this season just goes from bad to worse, doesn't it? We're absolutely spiralling out of control. I can't see where our next win is coming from. It's going to be one long struggle. This incompetent manager is taking us down this year, I just know it.

Well, this season just goes from bad to worse, doesn't it? We're absolutely spiralling out of control. I can't see where our next win is coming from. It's going to be one long struggle. This incompetent manager is taking us down this year, I just know it.

Pathetic!

Yeah that's exactly what we expect, literally. FFS!!

Whey it seems pretty demanding.

8th top scorers in the league and complaints that we don't win by 3 or 4.

There's only 2 teams that have beat Norwich by 3.  Man city and Arsenal.

When Everton looked comfy against us at half time it demanded a response and we won the second half 2 nowt. Norwich were looking for a similar response... and we contained it.

Otherwise we would have went out and tried to beat them 4 or 5 nil.  Yep.

Honestly, nothing personal but I find the whole of your post completely astonishing.

My post is completely rubbish if you firmly believe that the players are not tired and it is just Pardews ineptness to opt for a defensive 2nd half.  How about trying to think IF the players were really tired at that moment? 

Mind I agree with you that if that's not due to triedness Pardews decision is the shittest I have ever seen.

I still remember during the time of souness, we also tended to play brilliantly during the first half and complete shit during the second, and the reason is simple: the players were having very poor fitness level. Thus to me it isn't that strange that the players are hving fitness issues, AND THE MANAGER HAS TO BEAR FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS.

I don't think there's any doubt that Pardew is a cautious manager and his tactics tend to reflect this.

I'm still generally pretty happy with how the season is going though - we're only 2 points behind the Southampton side that all the press have been rimming and 10 points off the bottom 3 - not bad going with a manager who was the bookies favourite to be sacked at the start of the season.

Guest icemanblue

Sorry HF but Norwich were absolute shite all game and were their for the taking.

That's probably why we scored two goals, and had a few chances to add to that. Some of them were even in that dire second half, even when we're barely trying to attack them.

I'm losing count of the number of 'undeserved' or 'lucky' wins we're picking up.

Guest neesy111

Sorry HF but Norwich were absolute shite all game and were their for the taking.

That's probably why we scored two goals, and had a few chances to add to that. Some of them were even in that dire second half, even when we're barely trying to attack them.

I'm losing count of the number of 'undeserved' or 'lucky' wins we're picking up.

So name the people who are saying it was a underserved or a lucky win?  Or is just you making stuff up as per usual.

Sorry HF but Norwich were absolute s**** all game and were their for the taking.

Erm, we did take them.

If Cisse's goal had stood (as it should have) we'd have won it in a canter as opposed to winning it comfortably.

Comfortably?

Sorry HF but Norwich were absolute s**** all game and were their for the taking.

Erm, we did take them.

If Cisse's goal had stood (as it should have) we'd have won it in a canter as opposed to winning it comfortably.

Comfortably?

In these so called disastrous closing stages how many saves did Krull have to make, Spurs last week was anything but comfortable, yesterday was IMO, they had a lot of the ball, but in terms of REAL chances they created bugger all. (2 attempts on target all game) If the linesman doesn't make that mistake we would have walked it.

I was nervous as fuck last 10 minutes but that was more based on the ingrained over decades - "typical Newcastle will throw this away" conviction, than what was actually happening in front of me.