Mike

Guest bimpy474

Heres his Premier League record over the last 12 months:

LLLLWLLWLLLDL

Sign Sissokho, Gouffran, etc in mid Jan

WWLWLWLLWLDLDWL

Sign Remy pre season

LDWWLLWDLWWW

If you can't see progress there it's because you don't want to.

Lets get behind him and hope he can keep it going.

Fair point, the football is better but the overall style and attacking movement still needs much work, quite sure he hasn't the ability to address that long term. Hence people saying he's not the answer.

But result and table position wise, you cant argue, we're where most on here say we should be.(8th)

I haven't got that angry with him much this season apart from the derby.

But the 2nd half really pissed me off..... there is no reason to sit back and give them a helping hand to back into the game we should be relentless in that situation and kill Norwich off.

I would just think nothing off it, but it happens far too often. I really wish he would learn from it but almost always we get a lead and we invite pressure and make things difficult for ourselves.

LLLLWLLWLLLDL

WWLWLWLLWLDLDWL

Sign Remy pre season

LDWWLLWDLWWW

Fair point, the football is better but the overall style and attacking movement still needs much work, quite sure he hasn't the ability to address that long term. Hence people saying he's not the answer.

But result and table position wise, you cant argue, we're where most on here say we should be.(8th)

True, we do lack quality in the final 3rd.

Back in 1995 and 1996 we were able to spend £6m on Ferdinand in August, £7.5m on Asprilla in March, and then £15m on Shearer the following summer.

Nearly 20 years on, Swansea and Southampton are spending in the region of £7-8m on strikers, while the top 6 all have forwards who have cost £20m plus. Meanwhile we will not spend the money we did 15-20 years ago,

We won't match the fees we were willing to spend 20 years ago, and have spent only £21m on strikers in the whole time Ashley has been here. Of our attackers only Ben Arfa and Remy can be considered top quality.

There is only so much a manager can do, and you can't expect magic and invention around the penalty area when the board will not pay for top quality players.

We have players capable of knocking it around quite nicely before we get to the final 3rd, and we look capable of finishing 8th. What more can anyone expect from the manager?

It won't change unless we stop getting results.

As was stated pre-match, it's his usual rinse-and-repeat steps.  Stick with something until we lose, then start again with something else.  His current idea being a flat 4-4-2 featuring Shola.

The flat 4-4-2 with Shola was fine in the first half, we created plenty of chances. Had some bad moments defensively mind. The problem in the second half wasn't the formation, it was that we stopped pressing, sat deep and invited pressure. I don't hate Pardew but I get totally pissed off when we get a lead and do this. Its ridiculous, has cost us points and we show no signs of changing it. 

Guest bimpy474

LLLLWLLWLLLDL

WWLWLWLLWLDLDWL

Sign Remy pre season

LDWWLLWDLWWW

True, we do lack quality in the final 3rd.

Back in 1995 and 1996 we were able to spend £6m on Ferdinand in August, £7.5m on Asprilla in March, and then £15m on Shearer the following summer.

Nearly 20 years on, Swansea and Southampton are spending in the region of £7-8m on strikers, while the top 6 all have forwards who have cost £20m plus. Meanwhile we will not spend the money we did 15-20 years ago,

We won't match the fees we were willing to spend 20 years ago, and have spent only £21m on strikers in the whole time Ashley has been here. Of our attackers only Ben Arfa and Remy can be considered top quality.

There is only so much a manager can do, and you can't expect magic and invention around the penalty area when the board will not pay for top quality players.

We have players capable of knocking it around quite nicely before we get to the final 3rd, and we look capable of finishing 8th. What more can anyone expect from the manager?

I dont agree we cant provide invention around the box, as we have this season. At times we've played very well. But Pardew can never get the team to sustain it, especially when put under pressure by the opposition.  Now as the argument goes 'you cant for 90 minutes'. Which is quite right but we drop off a cliff, and go completely defensive at times.

Quite right he should have been given another striker but even then i think our play would still be fit and starts. As that is Pardew's football, it's his limitations, i think now after nearly 3 years we can all see he's limited. Personally i've accepted he's here to stay, unless we're in a relegation battle. We can only hope if he's bought better players it makes him a better manager. And then we get better performances and hopefully Europe.......doubtful but it's the only thing to look forward to.

As was stated pre-match, it's his usual rinse-and-repeat steps.  Stick with something until we lose, then start again with something else.  His current idea being a flat 4-4-2 featuring Shola.

The flat 4-4-2 with Shola was fine in the first half, we created plenty of chances. Had some bad moments defensively mind. The problem in the second half wasn't the formation, it was that we stopped pressing, sat deep and invited pressure. I don't hate Pardew but I get totally pissed off when we get a lead and do this. Its ridiculous, has cost us points and we show no signs of changing it. 

Nail on head.

Norwich had a poor back 4, all of whom were poor on the ball and it was exposed particularly to the end of the 1st half and then wasn't at all in the second allowing their extra man in midfield to give them a foothold.

It's just daft and unnecessary, never mind being poor to watch.

Guest bimpy474

Tell you what though, what happened to Pardew and his i need more British players. Or has that now gone by the wayside.

Everything changes when you win.  :D

But seriously i would like to see some english players come in regardless.

Not me, couldn't care less where they're from as long as they're better than what we have. Understand the thinking mind.

Tell you what though, what happened to Pardew and his i need more British players. Or has that now gone by the wayside.

Not me, couldn't care less where they're from as long as they're better than what we have. Understand the thinking mind.

Well yeah naturally and well we are dangerously close to running out of homegrown spots for the 25 man squad too.

Guest bimpy474

Well yeah naturally and well we are dangerously close to running out of homegrown spots for the 25 man squad too.

True, i would like Ince as i think he's a cracking player.

:thup: Would like to see some young exciting English players signed like Tom Ince (Was really hoping for Scott Sinclair over the summer).

Same. What's happened to him at West Brom? Only four starts. Has he been injured?

Guest palnese

:thup: Would like to see some young exciting English players signed like Tom Ince (Was really hoping for Scott Sinclair over the summer).

Same. What's happened to him at West Brom? Only four starts. Has he been injured?

I think he fucked his hammy at Old Trafford.

The daft fucker should have never went to Manchester City. Talk about what's fucking up the English game, its the super massive clubs buying English players and letting them rot away on the bench while they go and sign players from abroad for mega millions. Referring to the likes of Sinclair, Rodwell, Zaha, etc...

One thing we definitely have seen less of is hoofball, I give you that, Alex. He's actually changed in regards to that in front of our eyes, and we do look good when we have the ball and go forward.

Still shit.

3 wins on the spin, good grief.

Not everyone decides how good a manager is based on his last few results.

The flat 4-4-2 with Shola was fine in the first half, we created plenty of chances. Had some bad moments defensively mind. The problem in the second half wasn't the formation, it was that we stopped pressing, sat deep and invited pressure. I don't hate Pardew but I get totally p*ssed off when we get a lead and do this. Its ridiculous, has cost us points and we show no signs of changing it. 

was it a decision to do that today though, gouffran can't keep up the pressure for 90, cabaye's substitution was more fatigue than tactical and sissoko had been away aswell. do you think the plan is to sit so deep after taking a lead ? seemed like we ran out of legs more than anything tactical.