Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

The point is not to put 4 past every team, it's more the fact if we ever end up ahead at half time we do the same f***ing thing.  Surely the smart thing to do would be try and retain possession? Not concede it and hope we don't end up letting a goal in.

So you're saying we should score 5 every game and dominate for 90 mins?

What planet are you on!? Hysterical.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm also not convinced that Pardew asks the players to sit back. It could be tiredness or because we were sitting back last week!

The point is not to put 4 past every team, it's more the fact if we ever end up ahead at half time we do the same f***ing thing.  Surely the smart thing to do would be try and retain possession? Not concede it and hope we don't end up letting a goal in.

So you're saying we should score 5 every game and dominate for 90 mins?

What planet are you on!? Hysterical.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

I'm also not convinced that Pardew asks the players to sit back. It could be tiredness or because we were sitting back last week!

It's the opposition playing with a higher tempo, changing their shape as they're behind. Pardew is slow to react to it, by the time he does we've been pushed back and are all out defensive.

Tiredness is a bollocks reason.

Guest bimpy474

It's the opposition playing with a higher tempo, changing their shape as they're behind. Pardew is slow to react to it, by the time he does we've been pushed back and are all out defensive.

I was under the impression we was doing a joke.

Ok, ah yes. Well it is a ripper.

Same as Everton have managed in the same time span.

Childish demanding we should be spanking teams week in and week out, with 90 minutes of total dominance.

The regularity with which we switch off is annoying, but Everton standard is about the peak or realistic expectation for us.

:lol:  Laughable, once in a while would be good.  Who is demanding that we do it week in and week out? My guess is that nobody is.

Interpolic isn't happy with doing it 3 times in 3 seasons.  I'd love loads of trouncings, but Everton. who we want to compete with. have only done it 3 times in that period as well. 

Spurs are more of a champions league contender and only managed it 6 times in 87 games too.

Holding onto that Everton stat for dear life :lol:

It's such a zinger.

Guest bimpy474

I was under the impression we was doing a joke.

Ok, ah yes. Well it is a ripper.

FWIW I agree with the comment though. He has no idea how to change something to alter the momentum of a match. Hence why we so rarely come from behind to win.

I really should read back a few comments when i come in late to things :lol:

Points lost from winning positions this season

Team                 Pld

PointsLost

1 Southampton         12 0

2 Aston Villa         11 0

3 Chelsea                 12 2

4 Fulham                 12 2

5 Hull City                 12 2

6 Norwich City         12 2

7 Manchester United 11  2

8 Tottenham Hotspur 11 2

9 Arsenal                 12 3

10 Cardiff City         11 3

11 Liverpool                 12 4

12 Swansea City         12  4

13 West Bromwich Albion11 4

14 Newcastle United 12 5

15 Sunderland         12 5

16 Crystal Palace         12 6

17 West Ham United 12 6

18 Manchester City 11 6

19 Everton                 12 7

20 Stoke City         12 7

We've dropped points from winning positions v Hull and Liverpool (when we only had 10 men)  which is slightly worse than average in the league. It does seem quite rare that a team loses from a winning position on the whole though.

Points lost from winning positions this season

Team                 Pld

PointsLost

1 Southampton         12 0

2 Aston Villa         11 0

3 Chelsea                 12 2

4 Fulham                 12 2

5 Hull City                 12 2

6 Norwich City         12 2

7 Manchester United 11  2

8 Tottenham Hotspur 11 2

9 Arsenal                 12 3

10 Cardiff City         11 3

11 Liverpool                 12 4

12 Swansea City         12  4

13 West Bromwich Albion11 4

14 Newcastle United 12 5

15 Sunderland         12 5

16 Crystal Palace         12 6

17 West Ham United 12 6

18 Manchester City 11 6

19 Everton                 12 7

20 Stoke City         12 7

We've dropped points from winning positions v Hull and Liverpool (when we only had 10 men)  which is slightly worse than average in the league. It does seem quite rare that a team loses from a winning position on the whole though.

Would be interesting to see the inverse of that - are there only a handful of teams who turn games around etc?

Points gained after going behind

Aston Villa         11 6

Manchester United 11 6

Chelsea                 12 5

Everton                 12 5

Cardiff City         11 4

Norwich City         12 4

Stoke City         12 4

Manchester City 11 3

Fulham                 12 3

Hull City                 12 3

Liverpool                 12 3

Southampton         12  3

West Bromwich Albion 11 2

Swansea City         12 2

Arsenal                 12 1

Tottenham Hotspur 11 0

Crystal Palace          12 0

Newcastle United 12 0

Sunderland         12 0

West Ham United 12 0

We are one of 5 teams that haven't got anything from a game once we've gone behind.

Pissing their pants.

Demanding we spank teams week in, week out with 90 minutes of dominance.

Crying cyber tears after another three points.

All in the last few pages, just because we've picked up a few results. It's the same stuff of the season before last, except now the expectations are even lower so all we need is a short run of good results to provoke it. They've seen as well as us how unsustainable this approach is.

I've been called a Pardew sympathiser after most results, not just the last 3.  It's bollocks because I was critical of Pardew 2 seasons ago and I know there remains a lot of the same concerns today. The case for anyone that wanted him sacked is weaker now than at any time in a year though. And I won't buy into complaints that we should be critical of a home win where the opposition only hit the target twice.  Contrary twat that I am.

You are right about that. We missed that boat last season and I reckon we're stuck with Pardew for this season at least, and more probably until we find a buyer for the club. So I guess the top 10 finish will be looked on as a success if we achieve it.

:tumbleweed:

Points gained after going behind

Aston Villa         11 6

Manchester United 11 6

Chelsea                 12 5

Everton                 12 5

Cardiff City         11 4

Norwich City         12 4

Stoke City         12 4

Manchester City 11 3

Fulham                 12 3

Hull City                 12 3

Liverpool                 12 3

Southampton         12  3

West Bromwich Albion 11 2

Swansea City         12 2

Arsenal                 12 1

Tottenham Hotspur 11 0

Crystal Palace          12 0

Newcastle United 12 0

Sunderland         12 0

West Ham United 12 0

We are one of 5 teams that haven't got anything from a game once we've gone behind.

Has been our main issue under him. Our long term record is shocking after going behind.

Guest icemanblue

Worth pointing out that the football this season really hasn't been too much like the 5th season. In my opinion, at least. We're using the ball a lot better, and working for our goals. The whole 'relying on an in form striker' doesn't hold much weight when we're creating more than enough chances for any decent striker to find form.

Worth pointing out that the football this season really hasn't been too much like the 5th season. In my opinion, at least. We're using the ball a lot better, and working for our goals. The whole 'relying on an in form striker' doesn't hold much weight when we're creating more than enough chances for any decent striker to find form.

Agree :thup:

Same as Everton have managed in the same time span.

Childish demanding we should be spanking teams week in and week out, with 90 minutes of total dominance.

The regularity with which we switch off is annoying, but Everton standard is about the peak or realistic expectation for us.

:lol:  Laughable, once in a while would be good.  Who is demanding that we do it week in and week out? My guess is that nobody is.

Interpolic isn't happy with doing it 3 times in 3 seasons.  I'd love loads of trouncings, but Everton. who we want to compete with. have only done it 3 times in that period as well. 

Spurs are more of a champions league contender and only managed it 6 times in 87 games too.

Holding onto that Everton stat for dear life :lol:

It's such a zinger.

I thought Mick must have missed it because he missed that  it was Interpolic who was asking how often we'd won by 3 or more.

TBF, I've opened it up to all the teams to have been in the top flight in 11/12 and since, the number of trouncings doled out (3 or more) does have a few smaller clubs putting Pards to shame, but he's not the worst....

21 Man City

15 Arsenal

15 Man U

14 Liverpool

13 Chelsea

8 Fulham

7 Swansea

6 Spurs

6 WBA

6 Sunderland

3 Newcastle

3 Everton

1 Villa

1 Norwich

0 Stoke

Its not about the lack of thrashings to me.... its that we constantly sit back and absorb pressure allowing teams to get back into the game instead of killing them off.

Scoring loads isn't the only way to do that, keeping the ball is one and not allowing the opposition to get forward with regularity.

I would understand being as cautious as we are against the bigger teams but not against Norwich.

I really wish he would learn from it but i doubt it some how.

Agree to a point, our football is much better. Remy is very important though & we are relying on his basic ability/movement to an extent.