Alan Pardew

Mike

When we finished fifth it was all built on a basic 4-4-2 with Cabaye and Tiote in the middle, a centre forward scoring for fun alongside a limited hold-up man and a sprinkling of pretty rubbish Englishmen in the side.

Sound familiar? :lol:

That's it. He's gone back to what he knows and he is good at it tbf. It'll never be exciting but he's not up to anything different.

He's also largely abandoned several staples (such as Krul taking all free kicks more than forty yards from their goal and the lump to Williamson). Question remains as to what happens when one or two injuries arrive, what happens when we go behind etc but life feels so much easier when we're winning so enjoy it.

I still don't enjoy watching our games on the whole, but good results are good results.  Not a lot has changed, we're generally playing better stuff than the 2 seasons previous but I really don't think today falls into that bracket, it was a listless performance on the whole.

Goals scored per game this season:

Scored twice in 10/16 matches.

:notbad:

Very good and I said earlier feels like we haven't had a problem scoring goals all season, it was just the shambolic defending that was costing us in the early games.

Still though, can't help being frustrated that we can never go and get that 3rd goal in games and avoid these nerve racking final 10mins in games because we are only 1 goal ahead.

When we finished fifth it was all built on a basic 4-4-2 with Cabaye and Tiote in the middle, a centre forward scoring for fun alongside a limited hold-up man and a sprinkling of pretty rubbish Englishmen in the side.

That's it. He's gone back to what he knows and he is good at it tbf. It'll never be exciting but he's not up to anything different.

He's also largely abandoned several staples (such as Krul taking all free kicks more than forty yards from their goal and the lump to Williamson). Question remains as to what happens when one or two injuries arrive, what happens when we go behind etc but life feels so much easier when we're winning so enjoy it.

And like that season eventually we will hit a brick wall, then Anita and Ben Arfa will be of utmost importance to improve the attacking fluency and push the team on.

Maybe if we are lucky we might get another Cisse in January.  :shifty:

I still don't enjoy watching our games on the whole, but good results are good results.  Not a lot has changed, we're generally playing better stuff than the 2 seasons previous but I really don't think today falls into that bracket, it was a listless performance on the whole.

I was delighted with the win but thought the game itself could have been better. Was quite surprised to hear a few people on the way back to the car saying it was a good game.

I was delighted with the win but thought the game itself could have been better. Was quite surprised to hear a few people on the way back to the car saying it was a good game.

first half was garbage from both sides but 2nd half was miles better tbf and like with anything people have selective memory and most probably chose to forget most of the 1st half ever happened.

Didn't think it was a good game. They are  a side that can give any team in this league a game and I thought we handled it well. We didn't retreat and let them  just run at us, we carried on pressing and were always a threat in their half. We did alright IMO. 

Not a fan of his but 'rub of the green' is not right. We should have been playing against ten and Tiote's booking was risible, affecting his performance from thereon
Who should have been sent off and why?

Are you on about when Remy get put through and went down and we didn't get a free kick?

Obviously if the ref thought he dived then he should have been booked.

Not a fan of his but 'rub of the green' is not right. We should have been playing against ten and Tiote's booking was risible, affecting his performance from thereon

Are you on about when Remy get put through and went down and we didn't get a free kick?

Didn't think it was a good game. They are  a side that can give any team in this league a game and I thought we handled it well. We didn't retreat and let them  just run at us, we carried on pressing and were always a threat in their half. We did alright IMO. 

First half wasn't great but I thought we were traffic in the 2nd half and held onto the ball really well and had a confident swagger about us.

Yeah we did pretty well. Had some nice spells of possession. Some nice build up play from the back. Got to be happy with the way things are going.

Still don't like the guy one bit, but 4 wins out of 4 says a lot.

Keeping certain players in the team and building confidence when basically everyone including myself, wanted things changed deserves credit.

Arsenal aside, we have looked the most organised team in the league all month.  Everyone has been putting a shift in and we have worked harder all over the pitch.

Rid our luck at times and certain subs have been wrong, but really can't criticize the twat right now.  13 points from 15 including Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea after a completely demoralising defeat against the vermin is unbelievable.

First half wasn't great but I thought we were traffic in the 2nd half and held onto the ball really well and had a confident swagger about us.

:thup:

I agree with that, the result was good but I'm sure winning games can feel better than it currently does.

Players look a lot fitter than they have for years. It is starting to make a difference.

For all his flaws, Pardew is the third best manager in the 28 years of my life, not to be sniffed at, and yet some people still want perfection? I'm confused.

Players look a lot fitter than they have for years. It is starting to make a difference.

For all his flaws, Pardew is the third best manager in the 28 years of my life, not to be sniffed at, and yet some people still want perfection? I'm confused.

I'm now confused, who wants perfection?

I'm now confused, who wants perfection?

No one.

Nailed it there really. This is looking like a classic Pardew side at it's best. Honestly though, I far prefer it when he sticks to what he knows. Since Shola's been back in the side we've looked far more purposeful and we look well organised as well. This team has a defined style and game plan which was missing previously. We aren't going to pull up any trees with it, but we can certainly have a decent top 8 finish if we don't try and be too clever when we suffer a couple of set backs.

Can't get over he's the second longest serving premier league manager  :lol:

crazy but then again 2 very long serving managers left in the summer and 2 of the longer of the rest of the prem left for one reason or another too. Still mad