West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

It's a good side if it's sent out to play quick passing football, I just hope Pardew isn't going to send them out to defend deep then launch long balls towards Cisse. That will be suicide.

It's a good side if it's sent out to play quick passing football, I just hope Pardew isn't going to send them out to defend deep then launch long balls towards Cisse. That will be suicide.

Agreed.

Nice team selection. No doubt if we play bad again it's all Pards fault.

I thought Pardew defenders were all extinct by now.

Anyway its not only about team selection, it's also what he's asking them to do out there.

Looks like 4-4-2

I would have thought those players are more suited to 4-3-3.

4-4-2  gouffran and cisse up front

jonas tiote cabaye hba midfield.

more suited to 4-4-2 i reckon but then again it is pardew in charge.

Agreed.

If we sit back, we will get monstered by Carroll with Nolan able to push up and feed off the scraps. We need to press them and keep a high line because Nolan and Carroll will only be a threat close to our goal. The plan should be to push up and make them have to do some running to hurt us, neither of them should be much threat from outside the penalty area.

Agreed.

If we sit back, we will get monstered by Carroll with Nolan able to push up and feed off the scraps. We need to press them and keep a high line because Nolan and Carroll will only be a threat close to our goal. The plan should be to push up and make them have to do some running to hurt us, neither of them should be much threat from outside the penalty area.

Spot on, the one positive thing is that even Pardew can't fail to realise this. West Ham's strengths are pretty obvious.

Agreed.

Spot on, the one positive thing is that even Pardew can't fail to realise this. West Ham's strengths are pretty obvious.

I wish I had your confidence on this issue.