West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

Diame against a Sissokoless midfield. :anguish:

Sissoko has been s*** recently. Won't make a difference.

And anywhere but midfield

Well exactly.  It's like putting Cisse in defence and then criticising his performance.

Even without Sissoko we have a strong enough midfield to win the midfield battle, providing we use it. Sadly they'll probably spend most of the match watching the ball sail over their heads.

Sissoko has been due a benching, thought it would have been good to bring him on against tired legs.

Just hope he's being replaced by HBA and not Shola, can imagine Pards would like to play Shola for an extra defensive header though (:anguish:) and wanting experience is a ready made excuse.

Diame against a Sissokoless midfield. :anguish:

Sissoko has been shit recently. Won't make a difference.

We've used him in a way that makes him look shit, that's true, but from an opposition POV Fat Sam must be delighted that one of our few goal threats is out of the game and the side will be filled with hard runners like Jonas who will huff and puff while offering no threat whatsoever.

Even without Sissoko we have a strong enough midfield to win the midfield battle, providing we use it. Sadly they'll probably spend most of the match watching the ball sail over their heads.

Nail on head.

Tiote doing what he does best protecting the back four - keeping it simple and Cabaye, Anita bossing the centre.

I think that side is fine if it gives Cabaye licence to attack, which it should. Closest thing you can get to our 433 of last year.

Cabaye will still play most of the 90 mins in front of our back 4 I'll bet.

I think that side is fine if it gives Cabaye licence to attack, which it should. Closest thing you can get to our 433 of last year.

With Tiote flying forward.... :facepalm:

With Tiote flying forward.... :facepalm:

With his long range shooting  :naughty:

:jesuswept:

FWIW on the away dressing room thing there are shorts with the number 7 there

Interesting.....Pards playing mind games? He's done it before.

------------Elliott------------

Simmo-Saylor-Colo-Mapou < Mapou will be fine here, he's quick and Colo will be good for him.

---------Tiote--Jonas-------- < Tiote to patrol, not move forward and Jonas to be a quick outlet for the defense, carry the ball up the pitch when he's at his best and play it simple

------------Cabaye----------- < Dictate play, spray the ball around and get back to taking those fantastic shots outside of the area

Hatem-----------------Gouff < Hatem and Gouff should basically be given license to create havoc, find space and get goals.

-------------Cisse------------- < Do what you do best Papisto, get us a goal.

Edited with that rumored lineup, again, this is a fine formation that should and could work. We are sound in defense here, we have Tiote and Jonas as DCM/Box to Box respectively, we conserve Yohan's energy as an AM and let him be more involved closer to the edge of area where his short passing and right boot could do damage and you let Hatem do whatever the fuck he can to get us a goal or create one. Gouffran can drift in the areas around the box as well.

This formation can also sort of be a hybrid 4-4-2 as well.

FWIW on the away dressing room thing there are shorts with the number 7 there

Interesting.....Pards playing mind games? He's done it before.

I'd much prefer the lineup posted to Sissoko playing on the wing or as a number 10.

Guest IvanDrago

Is it going to be this again?

-------------------------Elliot

---------Simpson Taylor Colo Mbiwa

Ben Arfa Cabaye Tiote Jonas Gouffran

------------------------------------------------------

-----(Last opposition defender here)------

-----------------------Cisse

Really hope the rumoured line up is true.

It would basically the front 6 of the back end of last season with Gouffran for Ba.

Obviously that won't automatically mean a good performance as the mentality, tactics and style of play has to be right too.

Hopefully Pardew will swap Sissoko for Jonas when fit if the line up is correct.

Maybe the penny has finally dropped!? :yao:

Is it going to be this again?

-------------------------Elliot

---------Simpson Taylor Colo Mbiwa

Ben Arfa Cabaye Tiote Jonas Gouffran

-----(Last opposition defender here)------

-----------------------Cisse

:lol: probably