West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

The problem with our high line is that we don't press the opposition. If you don't press the player on the ball, Nolan can gather enough momentum to put M'Biwa in trouble from a simple ball over the top.

The best thing about the high line is that it allows you to press the opposition. Against a team that plays long ball there's twice as much incentive to use it.

Can't see any disadvantage to pressing high up against West Ham. Push Carroll and Nolan away from goal, stop as many long balls coming in. They don't have anyone to run in behind.

Maybe camouflage the goal with chicken feathers and get a witch doctor in.

Guest bimpy474

Yep, if Carroll is going to absolutely dominate our back line it's essential he does it far enough away from goal.

Sorry but this sort of tactical acumen is way beyond Pardew.

Yet all last season we kept a ridiculously high line in virtually every game.

I can remember keeping a high line against a couple of teams that had really pacy strikers like WBA where Shane Long murdered us on the break.

Well we did the same thing against Liverpool last Saturday, that went well :lol:

But against Wham they dont have the pace up top which Liverpool had. Anyway if we continue to leave the midfield absent we'll get murdered whatever formation we play.

I still can't understand how we pack the side with midfielders yet still manage to leave that area absent.

We've done it all season, it a massive flaw and a problem that Pardew has failed to see. If people wonder why i started wanting Pardew out so long ago (i hate hoofball for starters), it was things like that which i saw from the start of this season and a little bit last as well, and was so worried about it. For him to not have noticed it for a whole season like he has is just a indicator of his lack of tactical ability imo.

He sets the team up in a way that i expect now. By a poor manager who just doesn't see the problems, for me that's why he just keeps banging away with the same things (set pieces, Jonas, formation etc) expecting different results.

Diame will run straight through the middle while snacking on a dime bar.

Every team has one or two runners, but the well prepared team can make a plan to deal with them. But since Sunderland had only one dangerous player in Sessegnon yet he still had a field day I wouldn't hold out much hope for that.

Looking on the official site at the "forwards" section really does highlight how f***ing shocking our depth is in that area.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/PlayerProfiles

:anguish:

And someone was trying to defend the stewardship of Ashley & co on here the other day.

Shameful. We are run on a shoestring in comparison to the majority of the PL.

I don't disagree, but by all accounts we thought we had Remy in the bag in January. He would have been a massive boost.

Guest WashyGeordie

Think this'll be a draw, possibly a very similar game to WBA.

I also think sunlan' will not get another win and might go down. Imagine.

Looking on the official site at the "forwards" section really does highlight how f***ing shocking our depth is in that area.

And someone was trying to defend the stewardship of Ashley & co on here the other day.

I don't disagree, but by all accounts we thought we had Remy in the bag in January. He would have been a massive boost.

You are right. What eats at me though is 2 years ago the powers that be stated not signing anyone in January as reasonable because that transfer window resulted in falsely inflated prices. We then fail to sign anyone in the summer bar Anita, then scramble around in January at complete odds with the former statement.

You are right. What eats at me though is 2 years ago the powers that be stated not signing anyone in January as reasonable because that transfer window resulted in falsely inflated prices. We then fail to sign anyone in the summer bar Anita, then scramble around in January at complete odds with the former statement.

Again, at the risk of sounding like I'm defending them, they did shell out for Cisse last January. They won't pay overinflated prices, but they'll pay up when a good deal pops up. They fucked up the summer majorly, and we're currently paying for it with this season. Unfortunately whatever they saved in the summer may end up costing them an absolute fortune (and us our club in the top flight). Absolutely mental.

Elliot

MYM    Taylor    Colo    Anita

Perch

Cabaye  Sissoko

HBA                          Gouffran

Cisse

I know he hasn't played at LB for us but he used to play there for Ajax and he's look good whenever he's been at RB.  The only reason Perch is in the line up is so he can swap with Anita if Carroll targets him then they lump long balls to him.

Im also in two minds wether to let newcastle destroy my bank holiday weekend. I just wanna check the scores late on and see a draw at the least and i can go ahead and enjoy the weekend.

If we lose it will cause me genuine distress lol, i cant even try and be optimistic

Jonas is only useful covering centre midfield these days. Shouldn't be anywhere near a flank - forward, middle or back.

:thup:

Yep, it's been clear for over 12 months, might as well add it to list of concerns about Pardew that he hasn't been able to spot this. Mind blowing stupidity.

Our away record in the league under Pardew:

PL: 46

W: 10

D: 13

L: 23

GF: 51

GA: 95

:scared:

Our 46 away Premier League games before Pardew :

PL 46

W : 8

D : 12

L : 26

GF : 44

GA : 84

We were hideous away from home loooong before Pardew man. :lol:

Our away record in the league under Pardew:

PL: 46

W: 10

D: 13

L: 23

GF: 51

GA: 95

:scared:

Our 46 away Premier League games before Pardew :

PL 46

W : 8

D : 12

L : 26

GF : 44

GA : 84

We were hideous away from home loooong before Pardew man. :lol:

I can't remember us ever being good away from home.

While that is true you can't compare really, for one Pardew has MUCH better players to work with so should be getting better results than his predecessors.

At the same time though, Allardyce, Keegan & Hughton should have also got a lot better results with the players they had in their times in particular.

At the same time though, Allardyce, Keegan & Hughton should have also got a lot better results with the players they had in their times in particular.

I'll be surprised if the 3 managers you mention had half the number of games between them to get something to work as Pardew has had mind so your comparison is fairly one sided.