QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yep, also why the fuck couldn't Villa wallop Norwich 6:1 instead of Sunderland.  The Mackems were the one side down there with a goal difference too good to dent.

it's called momentum mate. I tried to point you in this direction a couple of weeks ago but you insisted on putting your faith in stats.

Don't remember being this nervous for a game. Can't come soon enough. Glad I'm there like, feel like I need to be there to 'influence' it. Hoping for  a good defiant  atmosphere and if we do have to have a must win game, I can't think of a better opponent. Shitting it like but fucking Howay.

If Swansea can stop Wigan from winning on Tuesday then a point here might be enough. I know it's pathetic but I have a lot more faith in other teams getting us results than us doing it ourselves at this stage.

Guest bimpy474

If Swansea can stop Wigan from winning on Tuesday then a point here might be enough. I know it's pathetic but I have a lot more faith in other teams getting us results than us doing it ourselves at this stage.

This is the scenario i've been spinning in my head. If they don't beat Swansea and then lose to Arsenal, they have to beat Villa with pressure galore on them. Unfortunately they seem to be able handle that pressure rather well.

Guest bimpy474

Us needing only a point (or thinking we only need a point) is just about the worst thing that could happen IMO.

It is but you can sense that's exactly what Pardew is thinking.

Us needing only a point (or thinking we only need a point) is just about the worst thing that could happen IMO.

I thought previously we might get two points in the next three games realistically so I'm trying to build a best case scenario round that. There's also a possibility that we might get a point at home to Arsenal in the final game. It's clutching at straws, but at this point I'm clinging to anything we can get.

His post match quotes today said "we need to go to QPR and win" didn't they?

Tell you something for nothing though: thank fuck the lads in the trenches during The Great War were made of sterner stuff than your average poster on here, whose arse dropped to the floor a while ago, otherwise we'd all be speaking German right now....

Tell you something for nothing though: thank f*** the lads in the trenches during The Great War were made of sterner stuff than your average poster on here, whose arse dropped to the floor a while ago, otherwise we'd all be speaking German right now....

The lads in the trenches didn't have Pardew leading them.

Tell you something for nothing though: thank f*** the lads in the trenches during The Great War were made of sterner stuff than your average poster on here, whose arse dropped to the floor a while ago, otherwise we'd all be speaking German right now....

Reminds me of David Schwimmer's character in Band of Brothers

Wish we'd tried to win today or at WBA instead of now pinning our entire survival on one game.

:lol: This.  I'm flabbergasted.  I just don't get it.

You're just thick man, didn't you see how well it worked when we waited until the last 20 minutes to get a couple of goals against Benfica?

:lol: Now THAT'S a fair point!

Reminds me of David Schwimmer's character in Band of Brothers

Really?! ???

Wrong war, dickhead. :razz: :lol:

Ben Arfa's going to be a big factor here. We need players of his ilk, he won't hide, will look for the ball and will make stuff happen.

Benched.

FOUR FOUR FUCKING TWO.

:yao:

I can't believe we are in this fucking situation. I can't believe the teams we have lost to at home. Swansea, West Ham, Sunderland? Fuck off.

Would you give Harry Redknapp the job if it meant he would throw the game? Pointless, hypothetical question.

yes

Yes, because first of all he's better than Pardew and second of all survival is more important than anything. I can't bare another season in the Championship especially when a lot of our players won't stay at the club this time around. Colo, MYM, Debuch, Santon, Danny, Cabaye, Tiote etc. will all be gone..

Have they moved this game to monday ? sure I read something about it being on sky?

They've got a game tomorrow, one on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, one on Saturday, two on Sunday and one on Tuesday so it'd seem unlike that they'd add another game.

Looks like Twitter bollocks to me.