Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Nah but he immediately handballed after the tackle and got booked.

Something like that anyway.

Nope, the clueless cunt didn't even give us a free kick for the hand ball. We did get the throw in though :thup:

Confederations Cup Spain squad:

Porteros: Casillas (Real Madrid), Reina (Liverpool) y Valdés (Barcelona).

Defensas: Monreal (Arsenal), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Albiol (Real Madrid), Piqué (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Azpilicueta (Chelsea) y Arbeloa (Real Madrid).

Centrocampistas: Iniesta (Barcelona), Cazorla (Arsenal), Busquets (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Xavi Hernández (Barcelona) y Javi Martínez (Bayern de Múnich), Javi García (Manchester City), Beñat (Betis).

Delanteros: Mata (Chelsea), Silva (Manchester City), Cesc Fábregas (Barcelona), Pedro (Barcelona), Jesús Navas (Sevilla), Villa (Barcelona) y Fernando Torres (Chelsea), Soldado (Valencia).

Fábregas listed as "forward" :lol:

Howay 4-6-0

Why is he so considered as a forward in Spain? Is he not rated in midfield? I know the competition is amazing there but he deserves a chance, one of the best midfielders I've seen in the premier league and seems such a waste

Only 3 centre backs? And Javi Garcia? No Michu?

Javi García will probable get axed from the final 23-man list. The 3 CBs is a bit iffy, with Puyol heading to the scrap yard that was a great chance to give somebody like Iñigo Martínez a taste of international competition. Martínez can fill in as CB in a pinch I guess.

Del Bosque is the one that started playing Cesc as deep-lying 9, guess he sees him in that role going forward. I personally think he's largely ineffectual. He naturally drops deep, keeps ball, looks up to find a pass... and there's nobody in the box since he's the supposed striker.

Casillas

Arbeloa.          Ramos.                Pique.      Jordi. Alba

Busquets

Xavi.                  Iniesta

Mata.                  Villa.                Silva

????

Casillas

Arbeloa.          Ramos.                Pique.      Jordi. Alba

Busquets

Xavi.                  Xabi

Pedro/Mata.                  Villa.                Iniesta

Something like that. Mata has never been a starter for Del Bosque, he's always preferred Pedro, but that might change after the season's Mata just had. I'm not too sure about Villa's role given age and fitness, so we could be back to 460 with Cesc upfront.