Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

With all due respect to you lot, I'll believe that Benítez would have rather taken a sabbatical if he was so intent of staying in England and no "big club" job became available.

f*** you! Who are Barcelona? Some tin pot club that has only just recently been able to get someone to sponsor your shirt, and your best forward is a midget.

Mickey mouse team.

http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13567&p=20114

With all due respect to you lot, I'll believe that Benítez would have rather taken a sabbatical if he was so intent of staying in England and no "big club" job became available.

f*** you! Who are Barcelona? Some tin pot club that has only just recently been able to get someone to sponsor your shirt, and your best forward is a midget.

Mickey mouse team.

Exactly! and you've won about as much as Wigan and Swansea this season. At least they can play football on the floor.

Guest Slippery Sam

Money taking a grip of the ladies game as well?  Man City to play in the top league, whilst Doncaster Belles are kicked into the second division.

Mickey mouse team.

Do you often find yourself browsing Ghanaweb, VI? :lol:

Mickey mouse team.

Do you often find yourself browsing Ghanaweb, VI? :lol:

No, I just remembered that NUFC was ahead of Barça in the Money League in the early 2000s, so I just googled it and that's the link that came up with the longest list :lol:

Deportivo aren't going to offer Valerón a new contract, and there's talk that he could retire at the end of the season.

Absolute legend.

Confirmed. Retiring after this weekend's game.

:( One of my favourite players growing up, sad thing is he could have been so much more.

Injuries  :weep:

Such delusion about Benitez on here. :lol:

Not really. Ashley has pleasantly surprised us with acquisitions before (Cabaye, Sissoko, MYM). And considering the rumors of Benitez wanting to stay in England, it wasn't so far-fetched to think we might've been in the running. Certainly had a better chance of landing Benitez than Mourinho, Pellegrini, etc.

Such delusion about Benitez on here. :lol:

Not really. Ashley has pleasantly surprised us with acquisitions before (Cabaye, Sissoko, MYM). And considering the rumors of Benitez wanting to stay in England, it wasn't so far-fetched to think we might've been in the running. Certainly had a better chance of landing Benitez than Mourinho, Pellegrini, etc.

:lol:

Robin Van Persie is a more realistic signing than Cristiano Ronaldo too.

Benítez was never going to take a job without European football, or a team that just had as dodgy a season as yours. Way too much risk for his standing within the game. Would have been different had he crashed and burned at Chelsea and needed to bounce back, but after putting them in the CL and winning a trophy there was no need to rush for a job.

The reason i thought Benitez was a possibility because there was heavy rumours he wanted a job in England and all the CL and EL jobs were taken.

I should have considered the fact he would consider jobs abroad but oh well.