Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

In contrast, Moyes arrived from Everton without a top-level trophy as manager, although that soon changed when United beat FA Cup winners Wigan to lift the Community Shield on 11 August.

Van Persie says Moyes was surprised when the United players refused to get too carried away following that 2-0 success at Wembley.

"We are used to winning," said Van Persie. "If you win, it's a normal day at the office. After the Community Shield win, none of the players really celebrated, or played music, as it was the way things were."

Image of Moyes celebrating wildly after winning this match amused me

Guest neesy111

Would be epic if Arsenal keeps winning trophies while RvP has to settle on that one title.

Arsenal Keeps Winning Trophies.  :pokerface:

So much to envy about Cortese's (and Pocchetino's) reign at Southampton. As a fan of an immediate rival I hope it knackers them a bit, but as a neutral I hope this doesn't become yet another case of an entire club suffering due to the whims of another clueless owner.

Agree. Though I'm not sure why she didn't just put it up for sale as soon as it was gifted to her.

Maximum value. Hence why clubs need to be protected. It's interesting because Southampton has passed to her under intestacy (i.e. on the death of another) she, I assume, doesn't have to satisfy any of the fit and proper criteria. Not that that's a high threshold, but I'm not sure the FA would have let her purchase Southampton on the basis that she wanted to sell all the assets for maximum value (assuming that's what she wants).

Agree. Though I'm not sure why she didn't just put it up for sale as soon as it was gifted to her.

Maximum value. Hence why clubs need to be protected. It's interesting because Southampton has passed to her under intestacy (i.e. on the death of another) she, I assume, doesn't have to satisfy any of the fit and proper criteria. Not that that's a high threshold, but I'm not sure the FA would have let her purchase Southampton on the basis that she wanted to sell all the assets for maximum value (assuming that's what she wants).

I wonder if 'what's the plan if they die?' is included in the FA's fit and proper person's test for prospective owners.

Presumably not, given the plan was: give it to my footballingly-clueless daughter who will try and sell it as soon as it reaches realistic maximum value.