Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Don't like agreeing with Joey Barton but comes up with some good points. Think he's spot on in the Charlton case. Sacking Powell and getting some Italian in isn't going to solve any of our coaching problems here if this keeps happening. Becoming more and more of a joke.

Instead of just going to another club, or is this like a Sunderland or nothing deal?

Sunderland are your shot at the big time, otherwise you're doing ok working somewhere near the bottom of the football leagues. 

i guarantee if you earned your living playing football, even at a low level, the thought of knocking them back wouldn't enter your mind even if it was moving up one division or something

met a few players, old mate from school was a lower division pro all his life, while they "support" teams they don't think of it like we do nor can they afford to

The game over here, Xavi got "hauled off" at half-time. I'd love to be able to say I could remember Jenas playing him off the park which forced that move.

Don't like agreeing with Joey Barton but comes up with some good points. Think he's spot on in the Charlton case. Sacking Powell and getting some Italian in isn't going to solve any of our coaching problems here if this keeps happening. Becoming more and more of a joke.

Nah, it's bullshit. Charlton's priority is staying in the championship and finding the best candidate available, not attempting to solve our national coaching problem by keeping someone on who has them bottom of the table or hiring someone who isn't the best candidate just because their nationality fits. The only way to improve our coaching system drastically enough is by overhauling it, not by hiring below-par managers/coaches and hoping they improve with time. The fact Pepe Mel, two months into a difficult job and probably doing better than his previously highly rated British predecessor, is the best example he can give of a failing foreign manager shows the poor quality of his argument.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-03-12/west-ham-fans-rio-ferdinand-chant-voted-the-wittiest-of-the-decade/

What's with this 'top 10 witty footy chants' article that's going around saying one of top 10 is us singing to Shearer 'you should have stayed on the telly' after getting relegated with us. It's wasn't us singing that, FFS. (plus it's not especially witty)

And my memory of Fat Eddy Murphy being sung is when he was at boro.