Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

Whispering in its ear, asking it to reveal its secret on how it's a better captain than him.

Guest reefatoon

Looks like the players are enjoying themselves over in Wellington. Here's a photo of some of the players having there photo taken with a big fat sweaty cave troll . . . . . The Lord of the rings troll in the background looks impressive too.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/25/article-2705530-1FF6FAF200000578-58_636x483.jpg

:dog:

Looks like the players are enjoying themselves over in Wellington. Here's a photo of some of the players having there photo taken with a big fat sweaty cave troll . . . . . The Lord of the rings troll in the background looks impressive too.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/25/article-2705530-1FF6FAF200000578-58_636x483.jpg

:dog:

BtYXrXZCUAA6KU_.jpg

Paul Kimmage was on a radio station in Ireland this morning and was asked if he thought doping was a problem in football. He responded by saying he saw a doctor in a dugout with one of the teams in the world cup that he last saw giving syringes to cyclists at the tour de France in 1989. He didn't specify the team but I found it interesting to hear.

Paul Kimmage was on a radio station in Ireland this morning and was asked if he thought doping was a problem in football. He responded by saying he saw a doctor in a dugout with one of the teams that he last saw giving syringes to cyclists at the tour de France in 1989. He didn't specify the team but I found it interesting to hear.

Nothing new to me and Kimmage should have the same balls to name the guys like he did in cycling.

Barcelona and Madrid fit perfectly to Fuentes. Operation Puerto covered a list of names - cyclists first and foremost were disgraced because they don't have football-like-lobby.

Ferrari and Italy. Even we had players - Emre - who liked to take a stop in Italy before turning up in Turkey for an international match.

Germany.... you have Müller Wohlfahrt - one of the best doctors in the business, close friend to Fuentes btw - who actually is well known (and critisised) for injecting Actovegin.

Most recently he was able to get Neuer, Lahm and Schweinsteiger fit for the World Cup which no one believed was do-able. But no evidence is given against him - for me it just stands out that he's a close friend to Fuentes.

But doping is there in football probably more now than it's in cycling these days.

The testing in football is worse than it was in the 1995 in cycling - fact.

Norwich City apologise to Italian club after claiming 13-0 win

"You can only beat what's in front of you," Norwich boss Neil Adams said after a 13-0 pre-season win... The only problem was they did not know what was in front of them.

The Canaries have apologised to Italian side Saint-Christophe Vallee d'Aoste after a case of mistaken team identity saw them claim to have hammered the Serie D outfit.

Norwich - relegated to the Championship last season - were due to face Italian Serie C side Novara as part of a training camp in the country, but the fixture was cancelled.

Replacement opponents were drafted in and Norwich took to their website after the meeting to report a double-figure success over Saint-Christophe Vallee d'Aoste on Sunday.

However after the fourth tier club pointed out that they had not played any match against Norwich, it turned out that the Canaries had in fact faced a "regional select side" from Italy's Aosta region.

Guest bimpy474

Would've been 0-0 with Hughton still in charge. Progress.

Remind me how many goals we scored in the Championship again, and the 6-0 v Villa, 5-1 v Sunderland. Sometimes you're a bit too harsh like :lol:

Guest bimpy474

As if that was taken seriously, man.

It's hard to tell with you at times, trust me that's not a bad thing to have in your armoury :lol:

15 year old Martin Ødegaard with 1 goal and 2 assist in the norwegian top division today. The league is pretty bad, but still. Hopefully he won't be the next Freddy Adu.

15 year old Martin Ødegaard with 1 goal and 2 assist in the norwegian top division today. The league is pretty bad, but still. Hopefully he won't be the next Freddy Adu.

Martin Ødegaard, remember the name. Even if you can't pronounce it.

:lol: How do you pronounce the O with the line through it?

I've came into a discussion about ticket prices on another forum and thought maybe people on here would be willing to discuss it.

My initial point was that it's unfair for Newcastle fans to go to clubs in London (for the purpose of the debate and figures that will come into play later on Arsenal are going to used as the example) as away fans and pay the 'typical London clubs' prices, yet Arsenal fans can come to Newcastle and pay a much smaller fee. A study was done about a year or so ago that shows that Arsenal fans in particular are able to buy a match ticket for Newcastle vs Arsenal, and travel (though it would have to be booked well in advance), and typical food at SJP for the same price as what it costs a NUFC for a ticket in the return fixture. A Villa fan says that last season Arsenal charged them £25 for an away ticket, the same seats cost Newcastle fans almost 200% more. How is this, well some people say Newcastle are a category A game compared to Villa who are not. Well how does that work considering over the last 10 years Villa have usually finished above us, including a number of top 6 finishes and a season when we weren't even in the Premiership?

So anyway these £25 tickets for Villa fans also goes against the 'typical London club' prices, another myth debunked.

Anyway my point is that it's rather unfair for Arsenal to charge Newcastle fans so much and then not be charged as much in the return fixture. Some people will say that our price should be in line with what the typical home Arsenal fan is charged, if so then surely Villa fans and other fans should be charged similar?

My view though is that it's unfair for supporters of one club (us) who come from an area where typical wages are lower (and the typical percentage of disposable income is as well) to be charged the larger rate aimed at supporters where typical wages and percentage of disposable income is larger, meanwhile the home fans who have these typical larger wages gain when they come to us in the return fixture and are only expected to pay the smaller rate.

Shouldn't away fans be charged what is typical for them?

Now I can go on about how Newcastle are charging Man City fans only £35 which has been praised by Man City fans considering how much other clubs and their own club are chafing them. Now we have to assume that because Man City fans are being charged £35 then Man City have declined our offer of £20's plenty and we can safely assume that in the return fixture we will probably have to pay close to double what Man City fans have had to pay to come to come to us.

Anyway, here is the killer blow as far as I'm concerned.

Premiership clubs are telling their fans that the amount of money received from match day income including tickets sales are so low compared to the TV income that it is deemed 'irrelevant', so much so that a lot of clubs have abandoned plans to extend their stadiums to accommodate more supporters because the income just isn't worth it.

Now if the income from tickets sales and other match day income is so low that it's deemed irrelevant then why aren't fans allowed to buy tickets for next to nothing, and why are snacks and beverages priced so high?