Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Aye he's never going. The figure is going to increase to at least £8bn by the time the foreign rights are sold. Next time I think it may break the £10bn mark for domestic games.

Is there any word on the highlights package?

I think this should be used to let fans in for next to nothing since the income from match day is already irrelevant.

Those numbers are bloody scary, man. What is football? Any other league is completely pointless now, as quality players will end up at mediocre clubs. Basically, all the problems of current football are about to get magnified even more.

:anguish: Friday night games.

Think it's an excellent idea myself. Quite often watch the Championship match in that slot, great way to start the weekend.

Nah. Saturday (and Sunday if absolutely necessary) is for football. More time to build up to it. I'm a complete traditionalist.

We've already got games on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. No need for more football midweek and its just a nuisance for away fans.

Nah. Saturday (and Sunday if absolutely necessary) is for football. More time to build up to it. I'm a complete traditionalist.

We've already got games on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. No need for more football midweek and its just a nuisance for away fans.

With European football, we potentially have Premier League sides playing matches everyday of the week. :lol:

My only real experience of a Friday night game was Cardiff back in the Championship. Back then though I was a third-year student so probably didn't get out of bed until mid-afternoon.

Now I couldn't think of anything much worse than finishing a grueling 40 hour week at work then immediately having to drag myself to watch Mike Williamson for 90 minutes.

When does the bubble burst then?  Surely we'll reach a point where the broadcasters are paying so much money it's no longer profitable.

The whole thing's smoke and mirrors now like, a very cleverly marketed sham.

Maybe it's because I support a hollow shell of a football club but I see very little entertainment value in this Premier League compared to ten or fifteen years ago. Even most of the good teams are so fucking boring, and the rubbish ones are absolutely appalling.

Guest Howaythetoon

My only real experience of a Friday night game was Cardiff back in the Championship.

5-1 wasnt it? Took wor lasses uncle from London to it, his first ever footy game, 60 odd years old, he loved it and now keeps asking me to take him to another game... urgh no :(

My only real experience of a Friday night game was Cardiff back in the Championship.

5-1 wasnt it? Took wor lasses uncle from London to it, his first ever footy game, 60 odd years old, he loved it and now keeps asking me to take him to another game... urgh no :(

Aye. Battered them. Their fans just got pissed en-masse beforehand and started chucking a few coins and lighters down as the goals went in. Acted like absolute arseholes around the town afterwards.

That figure man. For comparison, the Eredivisie has a new deal since last year worth 1bn euros over the course of its 20 year duration, or 50m euros per year. The gap is insane, and will only continue to grow. It's not just upsetting English football, it's effectively destroying football across Europe.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye. Battered them. Their fans just got p*ssed en-masse beforehand and started chucking a few coins and lighters down as the goals went in. Acted like absolute arseholes around the town afterwards.

Aye before the match as well, loads around china town acting right nobs as we had something to eat there beforehand. Was a totally dominant performance IIRC. Happy days in the championship. Loved that season, that team and Chrissy Hughton  :smitten:

That figure man. For comparison, the Eredivisie has a new deal since last year worth 1bn over the course of its 20 year duration, or 50m per year. The gap is insane, and will only continue to grow. It's not just upsetting English football, it's effectively destroying football across Europe.

Burnley will bring in more revenue this year than Ajax I read earlier.

That figure man. For comparison, the Eredivisie has a new deal since last year worth 1bn over the course of its 20 year duration, or 50m per year. The gap is insane, and will only continue to grow. It's not just upsetting English football, it's effectively destroying football across Europe.

Burnley will bring in more revenue this year than Ajax I read earlier.

By 2016 the lowest placed Premier League team will probably bring in more than double what our top teams bring in. It's disgusting.

That figure man. For comparison, the Eredivisie has a new deal since last year worth 1bn euros over the course of its 20 year duration, or 50m euros per year. The gap is insane, and will only continue to grow. It's not just upsetting English football, it's effectively destroying football across Europe.

What's with the 20 year duration? Seems illogical from the leagues financial standpoint.

What's with the 20 year duration? Seems illogical from the leagues financial standpoint.

No idea. Deal is with Fox Sports and was a huge upgrade on the previous deal. Safe to assume they couldn't get any better though.