Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

so if I'm reading the 2nd one right (I'm open to correction) we are reasonably good at restricting chances but defense is cocking up on the ones that to happen

Exactly. :thup:

That definitely tallies with what you see in the games. We always make one or two glaring errors when we don't seem to be under that much pressure.

Guest firetotheworks

You know what I want more of in football? Really creepy chants, sang really creepily. I've just been sitting here imagining a version of Elton John's Nikita being sang as Anita for Little Vern.

Imagine it sang for him though, like really, really creepily. I'd love it.

You know what I want more of in football? Really creepy chants, sang really creepily. I've just been sitting here imagining a version of Elton John's Nikita being sang as Anita for Little Vern.

Imagine it sang for him though, like really, really creepily. I'd love it.

I'd quite like for us to have a chant that has some kind of falsetto part to it, just because I think it'd be hilarious to hear done en masse by a crowd of thousands of Geordie blokes. Plus it'd show true commitment to fully go for it, and away fans wouldn't know what to think.

Once tried to get "He's quick, he's slick, he's got a massive dick, N'Zogbiaaaa" going. Failed.

Guest firetotheworks

One can only imagine why. :lol:

Once tried to get 'Toon, toon, toon, everybody say "wey aye" "wey ayyyye" with my mate when I was about 12.

I was that annoying kid at an FA Cup match. :anguish:

Still think it would have been mint, if slightly cringe.

Once tried to get 'Toon, toon, toon, everybody say "wey aye" "wey ayyyye" with my mate when I was about 12.

To the tune of "Noel, noel, born is the king of Israel", I forlornly attempted to get the hordes to sing, "Ruel, Ruel, Ruel, Ruel. Keegan's  the King of Newcastle!" at Ruel's debut at Selhurst Park circa '94. I wasn't 12 though, I was nigh on 26. :lol:

He was still (more) popular then, man. :lol:

I turned around and made eye contact with this massive burly old man across the steps and a few seats back. His slow nod of appreciation still cracks me up to this day.

To the tune of "Noel, noel, born is the king of Israel", I forlornly attempted to get the hordes to sing, "Ruel, Ruel, Ruel, Ruel. Keegan's  the King of Newcastle!" at Ruel's debut at Selhurst Park circa '94. I wasn't 12 though, I was nigh on 26. :lol:

I was there that day. Was only 7, so only remember the result (4-2) and the fact I was introduced to a laundry list of new profanity, most of which was directed at Mike Hooper.

I was there that day. Was only 7, so only remember the result (4-2) and the fact I was introduced to a laundry list of new profanity, most of which was directed at Mike Hooper.

He was shite that day mind. I remember Warren Barton playing well for them. And Peter fucking Fear.

He was s**** that day mind. I remember Warren Barton playing well for them. And Peter f***ing Fear.

I too were there. didn't gary blissett bully us to bits ?

Marca runs a piece today about Phillips and Friedel - the PL's oldest players - and says in it that Friedel was forced out of retirement because he had dillapidated his fortune in "cars and a luxurious lifestyle". I thought he had set up a football academy that bankrupted him?

Are Marca being cunts here (more than usual)?

He was s**** that day mind. I remember Warren Barton playing well for them. And Peter f***ing Fear.

I too were there. didn't gary blissett bully us to bits ?

Fuck me that's a name I haven't heard for many a year. I think you're right.

Marca runs a piece today about Phillips and Friedel - the PL's oldest players - and says in it that Friedel was forced out of retirement because he had dillapidated his fortune in "cars and a luxurious lifestyle". I thought he had set up a football academy that bankrupted him?

Are Marca being cunts here (more than usual)?

I know the academy story. Lavish spending doesn't seem to fit his character.