Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Good for him. Sad that he had to wait until he retired though. I expect we'll see more of that in the future. Gonna take some big balls for someone to do it whilst they're at the peak of their (high profile) career.

Man, I'm not even going to pretend to understand, but I just find that troubling.

Got to suck for the woman that has committed herself, and be kind of weird for the kids too, no?!

Besides I thought the idea is that your born that way, or at least that is what the argument is.

Seems strange to me.

It is very frequent for men to repress and hide their true allignment for a lifetime especially when society or their close family dictates that coming out would be extremely difficult. Even when its not, some men just find it very hard to admit or accept it regardless.

Elton John was married to a woman ffs.

For what its worth Hitzelsperger is not married, he split from his girlfriend 2 months before they were to get married in 2007 (according to Wiki)

Man, I'm not even going to pretend to understand, but I just find that troubling.

Got to suck for the woman that has committed herself, and be kind of weird for the kids too, no?!

Besides I thought the idea is that your born that way, or at least that is what the argument is.

Seems strange to me.

It is very frequent for men to repress and hide their true allignment for a lifetime especially when society or their close family dictates that coming out would be extremely difficult. Even when its not, some men just find it very hard to admit or accept it regardless.

Elton John was married to a woman ffs.

I hear what you're saying. Really screws over whoever else is involved though.

What I will never grasp is how one's equipment is able to rise for a woman if these individuals are gay?!

Anyway ... back to football chat for me. It is a lot easier and far more comfortable.

I dont like the idea that footballers/celebs etc should feel any need to come out, their private lives should remain just that imo. The culture surrounding high profile players needs to change so that they are are recognised only for what they do on the football pitch. However in this instance he seems to have came out by his own choice, so fair play to him :thup:

If you mean they shouldn't feel pressured into it then I definitely agree with you, however I'd say that it's also important for (especially younger) people who might be struggling with their sexuality or being bullied about it etc. to have high profile people coming out and having pride in who they are and showing that it's normal, so those people might feel some responsibility to come out for that reason. Also it's good for them to have representation in society and the media and that.

Agree with this. in an ideal world it shouldnt matter what anyones sexual orientation is, but its defo a postive for 'minorities' to have role models or icons leading the way in understanding and to combat bigotry etc.

May be of help/comfort to some youngsters and that can only be a good thing.

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 7m

Thomas Hitzlsperger has shown a lot of courage today. Sad times when people have to wait till they retire from their chosen profession before the feel other people will judge them solely on who the human being is. Shame on all of us as a society.

Fair enough Joey, nice wo.....

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 3m

But it is understandable when brainwashed, religious zealots still believe in a fictional book written over 2000 yrs ago.

Oh, Joey! 

:facepalm:

He's not wrong though.

True but he was so close to saying something and just leaving it there. :lol:

The Bible is the greatest work of fiction ever, and people have lived there lives by it - fucking mental man, especially when logical people believe that God etc exists and Jesus wasn't just a scruffy tramp who told lies.

Im catholic but consider myself a non-believer, although I will let my Daughter believe in god as long as she believes in Santa and Easter Bunny

Good for him. Sad that he had to wait until he retired though. I expect we'll see more of that in the future. Gonna take some big balls for someone to do it whilst they're at the peak of their (high profile) career.

He's not wrong though.

The Bible is the greatest work of fiction ever, and people have lived there lives by it - fucking mental man, especially when logical people believe that God etc exists and Jesus wasn't just a scruffy tramp who told lies.

Im catholic but consider myself a non-believer, although I will let my Daughter believe in god as long as she believes in Santa and Easter Bunny

You can't be a catholic and a non-believer. You can say you were raised catholic but you aren't one now if your a non-believer. It's like my friend who says he doesn't believe in god but is christian because he got christened when he was a baby. That means fuck all, it's to do with your own beliefs not how you were raised.

Tom Daley came out and it was a massive shock to everyone.

No it wasn't, just the media portrayed it as such. Everyone who saw him before he came out said he was gay.

I was being sarcastic.

No it wasn't, just the media portrayed it as such. Everyone who saw him before he came out said he was gay.

The media also massively missed the point on it, he didn't actually say he was gay. In fact, he didn't label himself as anything, and also said that he still likes girls even though he's currently with a man.

I hate when they come out then you think back and be like 'of course he loved the frankfurter'. Always seems so obvious once they've came out.

How would this have been obvious? :lol:

Well he was a bit poncey wasn't he, well aside from his thunderbastard shots.

I was being sarcastic.

:laugh:

He's not wrong though.

You can't be a catholic and a non-believer. You can say you were raised catholic but you aren't one now if your a non-believer. It's like my friend who says he doesn't believe in god but is christian because he got christened when he was a baby. That means fuck all, it's to do with your own beliefs not how you were raised.

People can be strange like this. Girl I was seeing said she believed in God but believed that everything ended when we die. Odd.

Guest bimpy474

Joey is right about religion and i couldn't care less what hole The Hammer aims at, it's his life and you who you fall in love with is just life, good luck to the lad.