Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest Howaythetoon

Which is the best stadium tour: Wembley or the Emirates?

Considering how stuck in the backwoods Wembley is, I'd go for the Emirates. Neither has enough history to make them much more than empty concrete carbuncles yet though imho.

The Emirates is immense and although a new stadium it still feels steeped in history which is probably because it is a shrine to all things Arsenal, past and present. There is nothing empty or concrete about the Emirates. It sadly pisses all over SJP which has it's history and number of seats only to keep it up there as one of the best in the country. Facilities wise, class, decor, comfort, access, design etc. and SJP is looking every inch an early to late 1990s dated concept/idea of what a stadium should be. The Emirates on the other hand is ultra modern and ultra f***ing brilliant tbh. The only downside is how vast it looks and with it how empty it feels in terms of atmosphere etc. The legroom is huge and even though you're sat next to someone, that someone still feels a tad way off. SJP is closed and compact. The pitch at the Emirates is way off from the front rows too which again makes watching a match seem a bit distant and remote as opposed to how involved you can be at SJP. On that front we p*ss all over them which I suppose is what it is all about really. The Emirates though is a great stadium though.

Beckham and Simon Fuller starting up a brand new MLS team in Miami. :laugh:

BBC correspondent just speculated that it could be called "Miami Spice or Miami Posh." :lol:

There's been an MLS thread on here for three years you know. ;)

Love Becks me like. How many leagues down will the team start or is it different because it's a franchise?

There's no promotion/relegation in the American system. They'll enter MLS directly.

Tbf some teams do play a year or two in a lower division before being accepted into MLS, sorry if I misunderstood you. I'm pretty sure his Miami team will go straight in though.

Love Becks me like. How many leagues down will the team start or is it different because it's a franchise?

There's no promotion/relegation in the American system. They'll enter MLS directly.

Tbf some teams do play a year or two in a lower division before being accepted into MLS, sorry if I misunderstood you. I'm pretty sure his Miami team will go straight in though.

:thup:

"Plus, I see no great need for sin bins, and apart from those in the rugby crowd who look down on football people and who are convinced the world would be a better place if only the captain were allowed to speak to the referee, I don't believe I'm alone in this."

Or maybe they see the value in having just a single player speak to the ref, avoiding the clusterfuck that ensues when an entire squad seeks to influence his decisions.

"Plus, I see no great need for sin bins, and apart from those in the rugby crowd who look down on football people and who are convinced the world would be a better place if only the captain were allowed to speak to the referee, I don't believe I'm alone in this."

Or maybe they see the value in having just a single player speak to the ref, avoiding the clusterfuck that ensues when an entire squad seeks to influence his decisions.

it would but I find it in no way implementable, do you really think that for example Man Utd players who love to surround the ref and have the likes of Rooney screaming foul mouthed abuse in the refs face will stop that if such a rule was implemented or that the refs would have the balls to book or even send off England International Wayne Rooney (if he was on a yellow) for continuing to surround him or his linesman?

Newcastle United is delighted to announce that Papa John's has become the official pizza partner of the Club for the rest of the season.

The partnership will see Papa John's, which has six stores across the North-East, offer fans a tasty incentive to get behind the team.

Papa John's has created an exclusive offer for Newcastle fans to get half-price pizzas every time Newcastle score twice in a Premier League match.

Dale Aitchison, head of partnerships at Newcastle United, said: "This is a really exciting partnership and one that I'm sure the supporters will enjoy.

"The fans play a big part in our performances at home and on the road and it's great that Papa John's have shown their appreciation for the support they give our players."

Andrew Gallagher, Papa John's marketing director, added: "Newcastle United is one of the giants of English football and once we finally got the chance to put pen to paper we knew the best way to kick off our relationship - give the supporters fantastic pizzas and deals."

All fans need to do to get 50 per cent off pizza is sign up to Papa Rewards at www.papajohns.co.uk/nufc and select Newcastle United as your team.

For the rest of the season, whenever Newcastle score twice in a game, Papa John's will send fans an offer code to receive 50 per cent off pizzas - which can be ordered from any store in the UK.

The offer will be valid online only, and from when the second goal is scored until the end of the next day.

:frantic: