Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Great article.  Seen it posted somewhere else and an Arsenal fan chips in with

Ridiculous to state that the football culture is dead. Much of the change in atmosphere has to do with the end of football hooliganism in the PL. Less nutters and violence in the stands has led to a more mellow attitude that has attracted more casual fans and fathers with children. I dont think that is a bad thing.

Yes there are less hardcore fans and more 'gloryhunters'. Some stadiums have become more quiet. But I rather be able to go to a game dressed in my club colours without being worried that i might get the shit kicked out of me if i run into the wrong fans.

This article states that other countries have it better. In the Bundesliga maybe, where the stands are always filled and some clubs have a very vocal and colourful fanbase. But it is not that way at every club, and not every club in the PL is that bleak in comparison. Most competitions have it worse then the PL. In the Netherlands for instance they cant play the most anticipated game of the year (de klassieker) between Ajax and Feijenoord with away fans because riots and mass fighting are a real possibility. There are whole battalions of police to keep the inner city incident free. And it is not just 2 games a year that are problematic, the same goes for other high risk games like Utrecht-Ajax and Ado Den Haag-Ajax.

Trust me, it is far more favorable to have a mellow atmosphere where anyone can go and enjoy a game then a culture of macho violence from hardcore groups that bully everyone around.

Yeah, I love going to a game with a mellow atmosphere, really helps me unwind at the end of the week :anguish:

Great article.  Seen it posted somewhere else and an Arsenal fan chips in with

Ridiculous to state that the football culture is dead. Much of the change in atmosphere has to do with the end of football hooliganism in the PL. Less nutters and violence in the stands has led to a more mellow attitude that has attracted more casual fans and fathers with children. I dont think that is a bad thing.

Yes there are less hardcore fans and more 'gloryhunters'. Some stadiums have become more quiet. But I rather be able to go to a game dressed in my club colours without being worried that i might get the shit kicked out of me if i run into the wrong fans.

This article states that other countries have it better. In the Bundesliga maybe, where the stands are always filled and some clubs have a very vocal and colourful fanbase. But it is not that way at every club, and not every club in the PL is that bleak in comparison. Most competitions have it worse then the PL. In the Netherlands for instance they cant play the most anticipated game of the year (de klassieker) between Ajax and Feijenoord with away fans because riots and mass fighting are a real possibility. There are whole battalions of police to keep the inner city incident free. And it is not just 2 games a year that are problematic, the same goes for other high risk games like Utrecht-Ajax and Ado Den Haag-Ajax.

Trust me, it is far more favorable to have a mellow atmosphere where anyone can go and enjoy a game then a culture of macho violence from hardcore groups that bully everyone around.

Yeah, I love going to a game with a mellow atmosphere, really helps me unwind at the end of the week :anguish:

That Arsenal fan is a nob.

There's an epic atmosphere at Schalke and esp. Dortmund, and minimal, if any, violence, despite epic quantities of booze. You can be passionate in your support for a club without smacking an oppo fan in the face to "prove" it.

Standing definitely helps, though. The only way to watch a football game, imo.

So, Lerner is selling.

Rumors about some bloke who owns the Miami Heat. Other rumours about Larry Ellison. Probably all guess work, but there is lots of talk about new American owners in the summer.

Something has to change. We'll survive this year but another season of the current policy and we're done for.

So, Lerner is selling.

Rumors about some bloke who owns the Miami Heat. Other rumours about Larry Ellison. Probably all guess work, but there is lots of talk about new American owners in the summer.

Something has to change. We'll survive this year but another season of the current policy and we're done for.

This is depressing.

So, Lerner is selling.

Well the Heat is one of the more successful teams in the NBA, and they spunked loads of cash a few years ago to get LeBron James and a few other big name players. So that's a good precedent. And Ellison is one of the richest men in the world.

Obviously it doesn't translate to success at the club, but I'd be jelly if you lot get either.

The universe just hates us, we even got the shittest billionaire owner :(

Not as bad as ours, ours suddenly raked in the spending too quickly, gave us four relegation struggles and stopped caring about the club. And thought Alex McLeish would be a good appointment.

Not as bad as ours, ours suddenly raked in the spending too quickly, gave us four relegation struggles and stopped caring about the club. And thought Alex McLeish would be a good appointment.

I'll raise you a relegation and the appointment of Joe Kinnear and that's not the half of it.

anyone ever asked the club about swapping a season ticket seat? my sister wants to come to cardiff for some reason and I can see 2 seats together in a few places in the gallowgate. what i want to do is them put my seat back on sale and swap me to one of those?

If not I'll just keep an eye out on what seats are available before the game and take my chances finding somewhere with 2

You escaped relegation and are on the verge of possibly something great. We suffered relegation, have a mentally-challenged Uncle Scrooge as our owner for seemingly a life-time. And have a smegma-coated cunt  for a minimal of 8 years while McLeish lasted only one season.

'Not as bad as ours' ffs. :lol:

International soccer matches have a reputation for occasionally rowdy fans, but on Sunday Police in Turkey were dealing with a fan uprising not related to the outcome of a game but to a new e-ticketing system.

Fans of the Fenerbahce, Besiktas and Galatasaray soccer clubs took to the streets to protest a new e-ticketing system called Passolig that allows the operator of the system to view the ticket holder's private data, including their national identity data and banking information.

Police used tear gas and water cannons in an attempt to disperse hundreds of protesters on Istiklal Avenue in Istanbul, according to a report in the Hurriyet Daily News.

On the Passolig website the company details the reasoning behind the move to the e-ticketing system, citing "Law no 6222," the Law on the Prevention of Violence and Disorder in Sports.

You escaped relegation and are on the verge of possibly something great. We suffered relegation, have a mentally-challenged Uncle Scrooge as our owner for seemingly a life-time. And have a smegma-coated cunt  for a minimal of 8 years while McLeish lasted only one season.

'Not as bad as ours' ffs. :lol:

On the verge of nothing but relegation unless sale goes through.

Ours gave us an actual relegation, Joe Kinnear twice, Dennis Wise, renamed our ground, a relegation struggle, Alan Pardew, the tackiest stadium in England and no signings for 18 months.

Ours gave us an actual relegation, Joe Kinnear twice, Dennis Wise, renamed our ground, a relegation struggle, Alan Pardew, the tackiest stadium in England and no signings for 18 months.

You win.

Apparently ours is selling to the people who own the Texas Rangers, it turns out.

"I watched him at 17 years of age at Wembley for Denmark and I rang [Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy the day after and said that he needed to sign this boy - £10 million later he is finally here, so that is all good news." - Tim Sherwood, April 2014

"I’ve never played at Wembley." - Christian Eriksen, March 2014