Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27183851

Is it just me that doesn't think that this is a "top response" at all and actually just makes something disgusting into something "humorous"?

Fair play to Alves for doing it like and it's hard to put yourself in that position, but I think Gary fucking Linekar calling it a "top response" feels a bit, ugh.

I'm really not sure. It doesn't sit right with me.

I had similar feelings. I understand Alves' need to joke about and it does put him above the people who did it obviously, but I would hope the right people are taking it extremely seriously.

MIDFIELDER - Nemanja Matic (Chelsea)

Nemanja Matic

I've never got too hung up about tactics and believe if the players are good enough they will work it out. However, the way in which Jose Mourinho deploys Matic, particularly in important away fixtures, is genius.

He did it against Manchester City at the Etihad and again at Anfield. Matic was amazing defensively and a threat in attack. He hardly ever gets booked, runs forever and is incredibly competitive. Is there anything I have forgotten?

Did you know? Since the January transfer window closed, Matic has made 48 tackles. Only three players have made more.

:lol:

He's off his nut. This gave me a laugh the other day, probably been posted before like.

I think what Alves did is as good a response as any. Trivialise what they do and hopefully they stop it if they aren't getting games abandoned or getting under players skins to the point they walk off.

They should ban those throwing things and chanting that racist bollocks. This doesn't seem to happen sadly.

Can you even imagine it man. It'll be like f***ing Mardis Gras for the soul.

Mardi Gras is for the soul, in a manner of speaking :lol:. It's a big celebration before you embark on the long fast of Lent. This is would be more like an inverse Mardi Gras - you've already had the fasting bit. And it lasted rather longer than 40 days.

Think we could send out a mass email, but that might be as good as it gets.

Is that because you won't try hard enough rich? Is that the real reason?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/what.gif

MIDFIELDER - Nemanja Matic (Chelsea)

Nemanja Matic

I've never got too hung up about tactics and believe if the players are good enough they will work it out. However, the way in which Jose Mourinho deploys Matic, particularly in important away fixtures, is genius.

He did it against Manchester City at the Etihad and again at Anfield. Matic was amazing defensively and a threat in attack. He hardly ever gets booked, runs forever and is incredibly competitive. Is there anything I have forgotten?

Did you know? Since the January transfer window closed, Matic has made 48 tackles. Only three players have made more.

:lol:

He's off his nut. This gave me a laugh the other day, probably been posted before like.

:lol: That will never get old.