Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Fucking Shimizu S-Pulse?

I got that one :lol: Listed all the Japanese teams I could think of. Just went through all the teams I could remember from the most likely countries, not as much of a proper quiz as a free-for-all guessing game. :lol:

"That's a stupid question, you know Newcastle already have a manager in place. It's a process, I can't answer that. Besides, others may be involved, such as Kinnear or Shola"

Guest firetotheworks

No fucking way did you get 40 like, absolutely no chance. :lol:

I got 20 and it was like trying to get blood out of a stone.

No fucking way did you get 40 like, absolutely no chance. :lol:

I got 20 and it was like trying to get blood out of a stone.

It aint that hard, just a case of guessing loads of clubs from Germany, Italy, France, Spain, USA, Ireland and then knowing a load of recent ones

McGregor at Besiktas, Lafferty playing for Sion and Palermo, David Vaughan at Sociedad, Garry O'Connor at Lokomotiv etc. Ones I didn't get were:

Shimizu S Pulse

Sparta Rotterdam

Utrecht

Trelleborgs

Tulsa Roughnecks

Lokeren

Metz

Toronto Blizzard

Willem II

Vancouver Whitecaps

Anyway, it's just Arbeloa talking about himself and his career. Who the f*** cares about Arbeloa talking about himself and his career? :lol:

He only has a few quotes about some players and managers he's worked with, but nothing surprising. 

1) Ronaldo (the fat one) often asked which team they were playing against before taking the pitch.

2) Benítez is a very methodic, almost obsessive, manager but doesn't cultivate his relationship with the players.

3) Xabi Alonso doesn't easily get along with others.

4) The relationship between Mourinho and the players deteriorated significantly during his last season at Real Madrid.

5) He doesn't want to speak about Casillas (sort of implying that they can't stand each other)

He paints a bit of a cutthroat view of football "I don't need to be an example to anybody" - when talking about unsporting behavior to get an advantage. Also how your dressing room mates are also rivals that can take your place, that football is actually an individual sport where the thing that matters the most is how you perform since you don't control what others do.

Anyway, it's just Arbeloa talking about himself and his career. Who the f*** cares about Arbeloa talking about himself and his career? :lol:

He only has a few quotes about some players and managers he's worked with, but nothing surprising. 

1) Ronaldo (the fat one) often asked which team they were playing against before taking the pitch.

2) Benítez is a very methodic, almost obsessive, manager but doesn't cultivate his relationship with the players.

3) Xabi Alonso doesn't easily get along with others.

4) The relationship between Mourinho and the players deteriorated significantly during his last season at Real Madrid.

5) He doesn't want to speak about Casillas (sort of implying that they can't stand each other)

He paints a bit of a cutthroat view of football "I don't need to be an example to anybody" - when talking about unsporting behavior to get an advantage. Also how your dressing room mates are also rivals that can take your place, that football is actually an individual sport where the thing that matters the most is how you perform since you don't control what others do.

I really enjoyed the bit about Ronaldo for obvious reasons, (calling him the best and what would've been of him and Ronaldinho if they had the same dedication as CRonaldo) as well as the one about Mourinho and the dressing room. You get a better insight into what goes on at clubs when players speak that freely. Imagine if someone else except for Ben Arfa and came and told us about Pardew being a massive c***. Like an ex-player like Ba.

140/171

Didn't get: (some of them embarassingly obvious)

Appleby, Asprilla, Beherall, Bellamy, Bowyer, Bracewell, Edgar, Fumaca, Gavilan, Glass, Gonzalez, Guivarc'h, Hamilton, Holland, Hottiger, Huckerby, Huntingdon, Ireland, Johnsen, Obertan, Onyewu, Rossi, Routledge, Rozehnal, Tiote, Vuckic, Xisco