Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Looks like Ronny Deila is the new Celtic manager.

Recipe for disaster

It's a one team league. Any manager wanting to improve their reputation with "trophies" should go there and just chill for a year or two.

I think it was a :dog: post

Yeah, kinda realized after having posted. Couldn't be arsed editing/removing though as the sentiment about the league is still true. :lol:

He didn’t know it then but he still had a year left of his career. He was asked by his friend Chris Hughton' date=' who was managing Newcastle, to join him on a one-year contract. ‘I wanted him at Newcastle for his presence and the experience he could bring to the team,’ says Hughton. It seemed like the perfect move to finish his career. His soon-to-be wife Fiona was from the area, passionate about the club and they had recently bought a property 25 miles west of the city. He made his Newcastle debut in the third round of the League Cup against Chelsea, and then in the Premier League on 3 October 2010 in a 2-1 defeat to Manchester City. Throughout his time at Newcastle he struggled for fitness, and six months after arriving, his friend Hughton was fired. He was very upset by the decision: ‘He got sacked because they wanted to get someone else in. I couldn’t understand why. He was doing well for them. He had got them promoted, and was maintaining the club in the top half of the league. He took that club out of the gutter, made it something, gave it dignity, gave it confidence and worked tirelessly throughout the time he was there. He gave everybody a hundred per cent. It was one of the more senseless decisions I witnessed in my career.’ Sol left the club when the season was over. It had not been the finale he had dreamed of.[/quote']

From his book. Might also be from Giggs' book.

He didn’t know it then but he still had a year left of his career. He was asked by his friend Chris Hughton' date=' who was managing Newcastle, to join him on a one-year contract. ‘I wanted him at Newcastle for his presence and the experience he could bring to the team,’ says Hughton. It seemed like the perfect move to finish his career. His soon-to-be wife Fiona was from the area, passionate about the club and they had recently bought a property 25 miles west of the city. He made his Newcastle debut in the third round of the League Cup against Chelsea, and then in the Premier League on 3 October 2010 in a 2-1 defeat to Manchester City. Throughout his time at Newcastle he struggled for fitness, and six months after arriving, his friend Hughton was fired. He was very upset by the decision: ‘He got sacked [b']because they wanted to get someone else in[/b]. I couldn’t understand why. He was doing well for them. He had got them promoted, and was maintaining the club in the top half of the league. He took that club out of the gutter, made it something, gave it dignity, gave it confidence and worked tirelessly throughout the time he was there. He gave everybody a hundred per cent. It was one of the more senseless decisions I witnessed in my career.’ Sol left the club when the season was over. It had not been the finale he had dreamed of.

From his book. Might also be from Giggs' book.

Interesting choice of words from the big lump.

Hughton actually made me feel proud of supporting the club...I'm about a million miles away from that now.

The way he was treated was an absolute disgrace.

He was doing well for them. He had got them promoted, and was maintaining the club in the top half of the league. He took that club out of the gutter, made it something, gave it dignity, gave it confidence and worked tirelessly throughout the time he was there. He gave everybody a hundred per cent.

Precisely why he was sacked.

From today's city pages in the Torygraph:

Micky's game on for Aston Villa takeover deal

Micky Arison, the chairman of cruise ship operator Carnival Corporation, is back in the game for his rumoured takeover of Aston Villa FC.

Just weeks after The Lions’ current owner, Randy Lerner, confirmed he has hired Merrill Lynch to advise on the club’s sale, Arison, who already owns the Miami Heat basketball team, has swelled his war-chest for potential sporting acquisitions by selling almost £6m of Carnival shares.

This week’s transactions are the latest in a string of six share disposals since March, taking Arison’s total new disposable income to around £36m – or a healthy advance towards the £200m that he and Larry Ellison, the Oracle software tycoon, are reportedly considering paying for the Premier League team.

Like Aston Villa, which narrowly avoided relegation last season, Arison has everything to play for.

But will Keith “Mr Football” Harris, the investment banking fixer advising Lerner on the club’s new owner, believe the tycoon who was at the helm at the time of his company’s Costa Concordia tragedy is the right man to captain the ship?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/citydiary/10875766/City-Diary-Lord-Mandelson-rents-modest-farmhouse-from-billionaire-Rothschilds.html

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE IT TRUE

QUICKLY