Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

:lol: I love the comment from "Andy":

Well, as annoying as it was, maybe the kids should be grateful they have a parent who goes to the trouble of it for them. Refuse to use the bag? Fine, carry everything in your pockets you ungrateful little sh*ts.

"When I were a lad..." etc

:lol: I love the comment from "Andy":

Well, as annoying as it was, maybe the kids should be grateful they have a parent who goes to the trouble of it for them. Refuse to use the bag? Fine, carry everything in your pockets you ungrateful little sh*ts.

Or the one from bimpy474 :lol:

This is worse than the time Mrs Bimpy caused subsidence in our home.

Can't stop laughing at this Roy Hodgson vine

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="

width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why does every rumour include Elias? :lol:

Cause he's s*** and no one wants him in the team :lol:

:lol: so harsh

Elias: "oh I wonder what is in the newspaper today I sure hope it's interesting"

Paper: "RUBBISH ELIAS RAPED BY MAICON"

Elias: "oh what an unfortunate rumour I hope that's all that's in here"

Paper: "P*SS-SOAKED ELIAS'S PEPPERED ANUS SHAME"

Elias: "oh well"

:lol:

:lol: It's impossible not to love Roy. Couldn't care less if we're shit at every tournament, just keep him.

I managed it in 2010. :lol: I like him now though.

This vine still gets me. "Mum driving past the sweet shop when you were young."

Only if they are relegated again, though. As I understand it The Football League can't punish them sporting-wise, since they aren't playing in the FL anymore.

Seems unfair to me - a club flouts financial rules in order to secure promotion, and they can't be punished because they got promoted thanks to not following these rules.

How much is Chelsea's army of youngsters on loan costing the club? It's actually earning them millions

Chelsea currently has twenty-six players on loan, and save for Fernando Torres, they are all young footballers with varying degrees of talent and room to grow. We've previously written at length about Chelsea's unique approach to youth development, and in short, the club's ruthlessly effective strategy of acquiring as much young talent as it can and then sending said talent on loan to develop provides Chelsea with a steady stream of cost-effective young players. These players can then be added to the first team (Thibaut Courtois, Kurt Zouma) or sold for profit to help offset its spending in the transfer market and remain a step ahead of UEFA's financial fair play regulations (Kevin de Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku).

Note that Fernando Torres is not included in this analysis, as his loan is a unique situation and has nothing to do with how Chelsea utilises the loan system as part of its youth development policy.

Christian Atsu - Everton

Victor Moses - Stoke

Ryan Bertrand - Southampton

Nathaniel Chalobah - Burnley

Jamal Blackman - Middlesbrough

Kenneth Omeruo - Middlesbrough

Patrick Bamford - Middlesbrough

John Swift - Rotherham

Mario Pasalic - Elche

Gael Kakuta - Rayo Vallecano

Ulises Davila - Tenerife

Thorgan Hazard - Borussia Monchengladbach

Tomas Kalas - FC Cologne

Lucas Piazon - Frankfurt

Oriol Romeu - Stuttgart

Marco van Ginkel - AC Milan

Marko Marin - Fiorentina

Bertrand Traore - Vitesse

Wallace - Vitesse

Josh McEachran - Vitesse

Stipe Perica - NAC Breda

Joao Rodriguez - Bastia

Matej Delac - Aries-Avignon

Islam Feruz - OGI Crete

Cristian Cuevas - Universidad de Chile

Combined, these twenty-five players are costing Chelsea around £16m on the FFP books this season, or a mere £640,000 per player. The majority of the players have their wages paid by the other club, and with highly sought-after players, Chelsea also commands a loan fee on top of the wages (Moses, Piazon, Hazard, Kalas). As such, Chelsea only has to cover the usually very small amortised transfer fees.

At such a low cost, Chelsea only needs two of these players to become £10m players for this strategy to pay off.

The profits from selling Romelu Lukaku (£21.6m), Patrick van Aanholt (£2.5m), and George Saville (£1m), all of whom were on loan last season, deemed surplus to requirements and sold this summer, total £25.1m. The entire £25.1m profit is recorded on the 2014-15 FFP books and completely offsets the cost for Chelsea's entire loan army, and then some.

In fact, Chelsea is actually earning £9.1m this season to simply watch their youngsters become better footballers and increase in value.

The genius of this strategy cannot be understated, and the credit likely goes to the Marina Granovskaia, Michael Emenalo, and Piet de Visser triumvirate.

Chelsea has also used this system to incorporate cost-effective young talent into the first team. For example, Thibaut Courtois spent the past three seasons on loan to Atletico Madrid developing into one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and has now returned to Chelsea.

Courtois has cost Chelsea a mere £2.8m so far. Pretty good value for a twenty-two year old who was named as La Liga's best goalkeeper last season.

Chelsea exploiting the loopholes is pretty unsavoury. They're not breaking any rules obviously, they've got the situation sussed and are using it to their own benefit and, tbh, it's pretty smart. Most of the anger needs to be directed at the idiots who didn't think FFP through properly and have allowed  the  loopholes to exist in the first place. If you're going to introduce something as ground-breaking as attempting to level the playing field then at least close the loopholes ffs. Make it work. Make it enforceable.

It's almost as if they want the same clubs competing at the very top level for the foreseeable future...

QPR ‘could be relegated to Conference’ unless they pay £40m FFP fine

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/09/queens-park-rangers-football-league-ffp?CMP=twt_gu

Redknapp man. Absolute destroyer of football clubs.

lolwut?

I'm no fan of saggy chops, but maybe you should look at the spending before he got there under Mark Hughes.

It hasn't exactly improved under Redknapp like.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29085943

Yet the experience of David Ginola, who arrived at Newcastle from Paris Saint-Germain in 1995, shows how the player can be inspired while struggling to reconcile his own excitement with the nervousness of his family.

"On my first day in Newcastle I went for a drive around town with my wife and said, 'This is where we are going to live.' I realised what an enormous step I had taken when my wife started crying in my arms in the car.

"My biggest concern was how my family would cope. It's no problem being a player, because you have your own life with the club, and training and matches to occupy you, mentally and physically, every day. But for the ones who stay at home it is more difficult. I never had time on my hands to feel lost or homesick."

It meant a lot to Ginola at the time that his manager, Kevin Keegan, took him to one side and told him he could return to France when needed to, as he remembered the experience of feeling low at times when he first moved to Hamburg in Germany in his own playing days.

"When you are a foreigner, people are not interested that you need to go home, recharge yourself," Ginola explained. "They pay a lot of money and they want results. Sometimes people forget that footballers are human beings. Keegan never forgot."

The manager greeted him with a sprinkling of French when they met for the first time. Ginola was by himself in the hotel for six weeks until his family joined him from Paris.

At first he was too busy throwing himself into his new challenge to miss his old life, but after a while he longed for a taste of his homeland. If he ever felt unsettled he always tried to remind himself he came for the football.

Keegan's kindness meant a lot to Ginola. They played a game of golf together in the rain (Keegan won on the last hole). "He told me: it's not a problem. I know what you are going through."

At first Ginola lived in a hotel, with Les Ferdinand and Warren Barton for company as they had just moved up from London. The pair would take him out after training and teach him how to love 'Only Fools and Horses' when the video played on the team bus.

There was a camaraderie generated amongst the new players who were based in the hotel together.

Good times.

A footballing match made in heaven, them two.

Keegan was the main reason I signed for the club. For a year and a half it was great in training every day. It was a joy. He really was the man for the job, because the people are so passionate.

"From the kids to the grandmas. I learned a lot from him about how to respect the fans and everyone at the club which is why he was so loved and appreciated by so many people

"We should have won the championship and deserved to. The whole of the country wanted us to be crowned champions because of the brand of football we played. We were refreshing, a team brimming with great attacking players under a manager obsessed with playing in the right manner. We were almost like Brazil at times. It was scary. We didn't mind how many we conceded because we always felt we could score one more than we let in"