Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest neesy111

Robinson scored in that, no?

Hughes 11, Shearer 30, 33(pen), 42, 81, 84(pen) Dyer 46, Speed 78

He won a penalty though.

Aye, that's it. Only really remember it from the highlights tbh. Could've been a ball boy at it because I won a competition in the paper, but chose the game against Derby instead. :doh:

He argued with shearer about who should take the pen, shearer was very unimpressed by it.

From Grant Wahl's latest column:

•The 2015-16 English Premier League season will start earlier than usual on August 8, a source tells me, with the Community Shield taking place on August 2. Moving the start of the season earlier is a response to Premier League managers’ concerns over schedule congestion during the busy Christmas season.

He's done more with less imo. His problem for me is in his building of teams, once he has the team he's the absolute tits at getting the best out of them though.

bit of a major issue the building of teams considering he (unlike a lot of managers) we can be sure is deciding on who to come in and Arsenal consistently are short of the required depth. Hell look now started the season with 6 senior defenders (I think) and unsurprisingly one of them Debuchy picks up an injury. How does a club of Arsenals resources and competing on multiple fronts and expected to do well in all of them only have 6 senior defenders?

From Grant Wahl's latest column:

•The 2015-16 English Premier League season will start earlier than usual on August 8, a source tells me, with the Community Shield taking place on August 2. Moving the start of the season earlier is a response to Premier League managers’ concerns over schedule congestion during the busy Christmas season.

Good. I've thought for a while it'd be a good idea to introduce a week's break before the traditional Boxing Day fixtures, and move the round of games on the 28th to the New Year's Day after. Best compromise between traditional fixture times and a mid-season rest.

Guest neesy111

Having maybe a 10 day break before xmas day is what should be done and then pile fixtures like it is between xmas and new year when people are off.

Guest Roger Kint

It's the 28th/29th game that's annoying.

Nah. You want as many games around Christmas as possible. Christmas is all about sitting and watching stuff.

Exactly. The only annoying part is seeing the London clubs given two home games in the Christmas week while us insignifigant clubs get to travel anywhere the fixture computer sends us. Its a shame we tend to get beat every Boxing Day mind but had some great away trips to places like Blackburn over the years.

The worst part about that was he followed it up with "that's why Harry Kane is a 9 and a half, cos he scores goals" and then winked :anguish: