Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I like the idea of this though, an all time XI for each team. It would have to be Barca for me, Messi, Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldo, Xavi...that's 5 of the very best players of all time right there.

Fair enough, at first I was thinking of what they did for each club. In which case Ronaldinho would be there instead of Diego. Forgot all about Cruyff :thup:

I like the idea of this though, an all time XI for each team. It would have to be Barca for me, Messi, Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldo, Xavi...that's 5 of the very best players of all time right there.

Madrid would be class too. Zidane, Ronaldo, Hierro, Di Stefano, Owen. Best XI to play together has to be Milan though.

Madrid would be class too. Zidane, Ronaldo, Hierro, Di Stefano, Owen. Best XI to play together has to be Milan though.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/334/U-WOT-M8.jpg

I was merely thinking they could sneak a 1-0 if needed more than anyone else.

Rossi

Tasotti - Costacurta - Baresi - Maldini

is pretty much the best back 4 ever infront of a capable keeper.

Rossi

Cafu makes that team as a right midfielder or what? :p

Dida

Cafu - Stam - Nesta - Maldini

Not to shabby either. :lol:

Rossi

Cafu makes that team as a right midfielder or what? :p

Late sub if they're 1 down and need more attacking thrust :pardsgrin:

I like the idea of this though, an all time XI for each team.

Newcastle XI? I'm sure it's been done here before.

:lol:

In my sig.

Very hard to make out.

Not if you are a supporter of the club tbh

Aye fair enough. There's three I can't make out. Others I only knew because of the numbers. :lol:

In my sig.

Very hard to make out.

Not if you are a supporter of the club tbh

Aye fair enough. There's three I can't make out. Others I only knew because of the numbers. :lol:

Given - Nobby, Colo, Albert, Jose Enrique - HBA, Lee, Beardsley, Ginola - Ferdinand, Shearer

Would get fearsomely botted most games in this hypothetic league.

Guest firetotheworks

In my sig.

Very hard to make out.

That I've seen...and it's biased based on favourites rather than most effective, but:

Given

Solano

Albert

Coloccini

Enrique

Ben Arfa

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

A bit more serious/effective in my life time

Given

Beye

Albert

Coloccini

Enrique

Solano

Lee

Beardsley

Robert

Shearer

Cole

If I was being serious rather than nostalgic and took older players that I haven't seen into account (but popular opinion), I'd probably go with this, but I dunno tbh.

Given

Clark

Albert

Moncur

Enrique

Green

Gascoigne

Beardsley

Lee

Shearer

Milburn

Guest firetotheworks

I never realised Albert was rated so highly. Knew he was loved by the fans but thought it was because of his forward runs and something else he did that has slipped my mind completely.

He could have played in midfield, he was an excellent footballer. Not the best defender by any means but his contribution with very high. Best out and out defender I've seen for us is Woodgate, by a mile, he was ridiculous, he just didn't play enough.

Guest firetotheworks

Genuinely thought KI had Steven Taylor in that line-up at first.

:lol: All this time!?

This is the only line up I'd have that cunt in.

http://www.jornaldelondrina.com.br/blogs/pos-premiere/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/06/Paths-of-Glory.png

Our top XI of my generation/Premier League eta is pretty straight forward I would say but a CB spot, CM spot and ST spot would be up for debate for a few people.

Schmeichel

Neville

Ferdinand

Stam

Evra

Ronaldo

Keane

Scholes

Giggs

Cantona

Rooney

Bit harsh on Beckham and van Nistelrooy

Guest firetotheworks

Our top XI of my generation/Premier League eta is pretty straight forward I would say but a CB spot, CM spot and ST spot would be up for debate for a few people.

From the outside looking in

Schmeichel

Neville

Stam

Ferdinand

Irwin

Giggs

Scholes

Keane

Cantona

Ronaldo

Rooney

Bench: Beckham, Van Nistlerooy, Cole, Yorke, Bruce

Gerrard

Fleming, Jobson, Redmond, Pointon

Halle, Henry, Ritchie, Milligan

Sharp, Marshall

Vintage.

Guest firetotheworks

Schmeichel

Neville

Ferdinand

Stam

Evra

Ronaldo

Keane

Scholes

Giggs

Cantona

Rooney

Bit harsh on Beckham and van Nistelrooy

Absolutely no chance is Evra in there ahead of Irwin, but other than that that's pretty close to mine.

Guest firetotheworks

Outside of our generation it would be Charlton and Best in there for maybe Keane and Neville, with a change of formation? Not pretending to know anything about it really, mind.