Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Police Machine is a scary name for a club, I imagine the players running around with batons clobbering everyone  :lol:

Still gutted my Vietnamese team (Military Zone 4) changed their name to a corporate sponsor.

Plateau United Feeders. Police Machine. Babayaro FC. Just how lowly were these clubs? Or is that just standard fare in Nigeria? :lol:

It is the equivalent of there being corruption in the race for promotion in the Conference or something like that. Nigerian football names are usually odd to the European ear, anyway though.

Plateau United Feeders. Police Machine. Babayaro FC. Just how lowly were these clubs? Or is that just standard fare in Nigeria? :lol:

It is the equivalent of there being corruption in the race for promotion in the Conference or something like that. Nigerian football names are usually odd to the European ear, anyway though.

There's corruption at far higher levels in Europe, it's just the stupid blatantness of it that's so funny.

There's corruption at far higher levels in Europe, it's just the stupid blatantness of it that's so funny.

Yeah, it's hilarious. I just wonder what the point of no return was. I mean, you would think after the twentieth or thirtieth goal you might realise that the fix was a bit too obvious and stop scoring, but once you get past forty, there isn't really a point in going back, right? You might as well just keep going. It's hard to have shame once you get to that point. :lol:

Our domestic football is an embarrassment, though at every level. There are blatantly fixed matches in the Premier League every week. It was only last month that we had the "attack" at the game between Akwa and Wolves in the PL. The home side were up 2-0 at half, and when everyone came out for the second half, the ref came out of the toilets with his shoes off and his clothes torn claiming he was attacked and refused to restart the match, which was canceled. The only problem that no one agrees with the story besides the ref himself. It is a fair point, too. Why would the fans attack the referee when they were winning by two goals. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

We're going for BT. It'll be shite compared to Sky, but I really don't watch much else than sports. I'm not prepared to spend £75 a month for that privilege. Only £40 and pisses on Sky's broadband.

John Terry's dad has been arrested for his part in a racist attack.

Anton Ferdinand tweeted this a couple of hours ago:

http://i.imgur.com/nR0Wvf4.png

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Leonardo resigned from PSG. Would have made a good DOF  :whistle:

13 months ban for a push on a match official, extended after appeal. Likely the reason behind his resignation. :lol:

The FA is far too lenient over here.  :whistle:

Can someone please explain the Anton Ferdinand joke? Whooshing me atm.

'John Terry's dad has been arrested for his part in a racist attack.'

<Like Father, Like Son>