Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I agree with Froggy.

I should have fleshed out my post a bit more to be honest, but I agree with what you said earlier. All the top leagues in Europe are foregone conclusions next year IMO, except England and I honestly think it plays the more exciting brand of football. It's got the perfect mix of technique and brawn. Personally cannot wait for the new season.

So hum, the Spanish league have 2 challengers, the French one 2, the German 2, and the English 3. Yeah, massive improvement.

Exciting brand of football is a taste thing, I love the PL (heck, what I'm doing here otherwise?) but what I love about La Liga is that even the smaller sides go about trying to play a decent brand of football instead of going the Stoke or Norwich way to ensure survival.

I didn't say it was a massive improvement on those leagues. I just think it's as good as any league in the World. I didn't mean for it to come across that I thought it was a step above the others, because I don't think that.

However I disagree with how you see the competition for the leagues next year.

- I don't think anyone really expects Madrid to win the league this season. Barca will win it comfortably.

- The German league doesn't have two challengers as well. Bayern Munich are winning the Bundesliga.

- PSG will walk the French. Monaco may challenge in two years or more but they won't this year.

The Premiership genuinely has three teams that most people couldn't pick a winner from. Can Spurs or Arsenal challenge as well?

I'll agree with you that the smaller teams in the Spanish league are better to watch than the likes of Norwich or Stoke, but to be honest I enjoy seeing teams like us try and break down the hoof teams in the Premier League. It's good when teams like Southampton have a go at us like last year. It made for a very good game but they still lost. Going gung ho against a better attacking may get you some goals but you'll conceded more. Stoke are playing to their strengths and trying to get points and I like when we go there, alter the tactics and break down a solid defence.

It may be an unpopular opinion but hey, I enjoy all aspects of the English game.

Heh, I hope you're right about La Liga. I certainly aren't. Neymar (who we've just bought) will be a big boost but Xavi is on decline and Thiago is leaving for Munich (sorry). And we still haven't bought a CB.

Munich have a new manager, no matter how brilliant he is, he's going to upset the applecart of a winning formula (he was talking about playing Martínez at CB yesterday). And BVB are having a great window despite the loss of Götze. For starters, I believe it'll be much closer than last season (not that it's hard)

Possibly too son for Monaco, I'll give you that, but they are assembling a good enough team if they gel.

I don't follow Serie A enough anymore to pass judgement, dunno how close other teams are to Juve nowadays.

Most entertaining game I saw from us last year was a 4-5 away win against Depor. They had a go at us, they lost, they ultimately got relegated, all the time playing attacking football. And what a game of football that 4-5 was.

I too get "excitement" watching us try to break down some team that parks the bus, since there's always something at stake for me, but I doubt neutrals do.

:thup: Agree to disagree for the most part. I can see your point of view as well.

Also, I thought you deliberately left out Juventus as you thought they'd walk the league. :lol: I can't see Milan overtaking them this year at all. Napoli have lost Mazzariri and will probably love Cavani so they have no hope. Fiorentina need more than Gomez and Inter will be a few years getting back to the summit.

Personally think City will win the Premier League. :anguish: We need a midfielder.

Think Mourinho will hit the ground running and walk it. Pellegrini doesn't know the league and will need more time to adapt.

I don't even consider you challengers unless you sign a midfielder or two, actually. But I have done that countless years and you still won. But there was another Scotsman in charge.

Just read a review of a book called "inside the mind of harry redknapp" surely the shortest book ever written about football

"Barça's playbook: set piece tactics".

"Newcastle's playbook: set piece tactics".

I would agree that last season's Premier League was utterly forgettable, but from a neutral stand-point I'm about as excited as I've ever been for an upcoming title race. If you put a gun to my head I'd say Chelsea will win it, but it's very difficult to predict.

I would agree that last season's Premier League was utterly forgettable, but from a neutral stand-point I'm about as excited as I've ever been for an upcoming title race. If you put a gun to my head I'd say Chelsea will win it, but it's very difficult to predict.

I get where you're coming from, but I've long since stopped caring about the title. Aside from not wanting Arsenal to get it, and that very brief moment the year before last (January?) when we were still there or thereabouts, I couldn't give a flying fuck who wins it. Can't even remember the last year I cared, unfortunately.

Mohamed Al-Fayed looking to sell Fulham. Hopefully the new ownership will tear down that fucking statue.

Shad Khan, owner of the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars, agrees to buy Fulham.

http://prod.static.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/team/management/shad-khan.jpg

Mohamed Al-Fayed looking to sell Fulham. Hopefully the new ownership will tear down that fucking statue.

http://prod.static.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/team/management/shad-khan.jpg

He looks like Ron Jeremy's Mexican cousin Juan Jeremy.

He looks like Ron Jeremy's Mexican cousin Juan Jeremy.

Isnt that Johnathan Ross saying Ron Jeremy?

let's see what he does before we start getting jealous  :lol:

Fwiw, he's popular among the Jaguars fanbase. Big sports fan, highly invested in his team (even though they're awful). Should be good news for Fulham.

150M-200M for Fulham.  Absolutely ridiculous.

With an estimated £100m this season alone in TV money, plus the ground (which he could remortgage), the sponsorship deals, and tickets sales I think it's a pretty good price that would pay back pretty quickly. It's defiantly a good mid to long term investment.