Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I think maybe they need to change the EL format so that it has less games. As it is now it has over 20 extra games for some teams if you reach the final. It's retarded that teams actively avoid a european tournament if fear of relegation ffs :lol:

I think maybe they need to change the EL format so that it has less games. As it is now it has over 20 extra games for some teams if you reach the final. It's retarded that teams actively avoid a european tournament if fear of relegation ffs :lol:

It only has an extra 2 games then the Champions League, does it not?

I can't be arsed to count, but I read somewhere that from qualification to the final you had like 24 extra games. Guess the CL sides can cope with that due to their better squads.

I can't be arsed to count, but I read somewhere that from qualification to the final you had like 24 extra games. Guess the CL sides can cope with that due to their better squads.

Yeah but thats from the first possible round, most Premier League clubs will enter at either the last qualification round or the group stage, and the only extra round compared to the Champions League from that point is the round of 32 I think.

It is too long. But if you're not going to get relegated - you should give it a go. Obviously.

Also - if you somehow fluke 4th without having much European experience. It's highly likely you'll get knocked out in the qualifying rounds. Liverpool ended up getting ko'd from the  EL by the team that marginally lost to Arsenal in the CL qualifiers.

It's not difficult to make the knockout stages with reserves for most PL clubs, we were rarely at full strength. I agree the format is ridiculous though. Just angers me to see a very safe midtable side actually not wanting to play in Europe. This whole 'they'll be desperate to avoid the Europa lool' nonsense really p*sses me off, especially for teams like Southampton and Swansea.

Heard on the radio that UEFA are going to relax the FFP rules. Good job we were so frugal, it's really paid off.

Wonder who's about to be bought? Apart from UEFA, I mean.

Another French club?

If the format is the problem, the change should be to do away with the group stage and do a straight forward knockout rounds. And they should never let thoae losers from the Champions League drop into the competition.

But then you would still get these English clubs trying to avoid it because you would have to play Thursday-Sunday hence my earlier post tht the EL should preceed the CL games on the same nights.

Guest Geordiesned

Danny Simpson found guilty of assaulting his ex-girlfriend. Very likely to be given custodial sentence.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/danny-simpson-stephanie-ward-court-5729699

PC Hughes, the first officer to arrive at the house, said: “I could hear screams and crying and then silence. I could then hear a choking sound.

“I entered the house through a small hallway and to my right I could instantly see a small female lying in a prone position facing up. She was about three metres away from me.

“I saw a male who I now know to be Daniel Simpson straddling across her with his hands firmly placed around her neck. He was sitting on her on his knees. I initially heard choking when in entered the room.

“He had both hands around her throat. He seemed startled by my sudden presence. I had to drag him by his arm. I then arrested him on suspicion of assault and he angrily demanded that the female didn’t say anything and he said, ‘tell them I wasn’t doing anything’, which was more of a demand.”

What a cunt.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/danny-simpson-stephanie-ward-court-5729699

PC Hughes, the first officer to arrive at the house, said: “I could hear screams and crying and then silence. I could then hear a choking sound.

“I entered the house through a small hallway and to my right I could instantly see a small female lying in a prone position facing up. She was about three metres away from me.

“I saw a male who I now know to be Daniel Simpson straddling across her with his hands firmly placed around her neck. He was sitting on her on his knees. I initially heard choking when in entered the room.

“He had both hands around her throat. He seemed startled by my sudden presence. I had to drag him by his arm. I then arrested him on suspicion of assault and he angrily demanded that the female didn’t say anything and he said, ‘tell them I wasn’t doing anything’, which was more of a demand.”

What a c***.

Nice lad...