Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Alcides Ghiggia has died - scored Uruguay's winning goal to win the World Cup final against Brazil at the Maracana in 1950. RIP.

http://www.laspiedrasciudad.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Ghiggia.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

Cantona is and always will be a PL legend, he wasn't a great player, although he was very good, but he had this aura about him. I know a few proper Man Utd fans who would have him top of their best PL player of all-time easily. He was to Man Utd in terms of transforming a top side int a title winning side what KK was to us when he joined as a player, i.e. he galvanised everyone around him to perhaps over achieve!

Cantona is and always will be a PL legend, he wasn't a great player, although he was very good, but he had this aura about him. I know a few proper Man Utd fans who would have him top of their best PL player of all-time easily. He was to Man Utd in terms of transforming a top side int a title winning side what KK was to us when he joined as a player, i.e. he galvanised everyone around him to perhaps over achieve!

So true. If you ever listen to any ex Man Utd's best 11 they'll always put Cantona in it. They always mention how he would come early to practice and stay late to work on fitness and shooting. This got all of them to do the same thing. He was a true leader and probably the difference in us not winning the PL.

So true. If you ever listen to any ex Man Utd's best 11 they'll always put Cantona in it. They always mention how he would come early to practice and stay late to work on fitness and shooting. This got all of them to do the same thing. He was a true leader and probably the difference in us not winning the PL.

If only his ban had of been for a few months longer :-( I remember his comeback match as we were on the coach coming back from Everton after we beat them 3-1 and it was on the radio!

NWOAP tbh. Sunday morning in Lpool the missus decided to browse for handbags, so natch I said "fuck off, I'll be out here smerkin a tab." Unfortunately she'd replaced all my clobber with Everton-coloured tops, I swear she's the best troll in the world, I have never owned one. So this little old lady sidled up and said "You look like an Everton fan. My Uncle Bill used to play for them. They called him 'Dixie'. Bye." And I couldn't help myself, I grabbed her gently and said everyone knows about him, he's a legend. She just said "Yes. Bye."

I really wanted to talk to her and say that's not the most important thing about you, you're a separate person, I mean being Dixie Dean's niece is a conversation-stopper, but you've lived your own life, tell me about that. But I had a tab on, she was heading off, the missus was in the shop, the mobile went off and the cousins' hen party were in a nearby pub and wanted us, we didn't know where stepd and her lad were, so my decision was to be responsible and now I'll never know. Fuck's sake. And it seems I am a possible lunatic. Off my tits. Cheers, lads. :lol: Life, eh?

Guest antz1uk

The most I've ever celebrated a goal

Same here :thup:

I was down at leicester the week after, 18 yr old and absolutely rat arsed, what a day, nothing beats that for me, Man U & Barca Comes close but the sheer excitement/adrenalin of the way the day played out (from what i can recollect) was unreal

Sorry if Giggs,

Christ, it really hits home watching Cathro coach one group and McClaren the other, that we had Pardew and Carver before.

Even got Wijnaldum arriving!

NWOAP tbh. Sunday morning in Lpool the missus decided to browse for handbags, so natch I said "fuck off, I'll be out here smerkin a tab." Unfortunately she'd replaced all my clobber with Everton-coloured tops, I swear she's the best troll in the world, I have never owned one. So this little old lady sidled up and said "You look like an Everton fan. My Uncle Bill used to play for them. They called him 'Dixie'. Bye." And I couldn't help myself, I grabbed her gently and said everyone knows about him, he's a legend. She just said "Yes. Bye."

I really wanted to talk to her and say that's not the most important thing about you, you're a separate person, I mean being Dixie Dean's niece is a conversation-stopper, but you've lived your own life, tell me about that. But I had a tab on, she was heading off, the missus was in the shop, the mobile went off and the cousins' hen party were in a nearby pub and wanted us, we didn't know where stepd and her lad were, so my decision was to be responsible and now I'll never know. Fuck's sake. And it seems I am a possible lunatic. Off my tits. Cheers, lads. :lol: Life, eh?

Class :lol: now we will all always wonder with you.

Guest antz1uk

Sorry if Giggs,

Christ, it really hits home watching Cathro coach one group and McClaren the other, that we had Pardew and Carver before.

Even got Wijnaldum arriving!

That's actually something decent they've done for once, interesting 10 minutes into the set up.

A few people on Twitter complaining about James McClean turning his back during the national anthem in a friendly today

11201846_1030668186977593_2822765181164572370_n.jpg?oh=ab586b1b37a269562aafb748f6c8abe0&oe=5621346B

Was it him who refused to wear a poppy on his shirt a few years ago?