Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

May be Giggs, but haven't seen anything mentioned of the Doncaster v Bury game. Anyone seen the goals there? Absolutely mental!

Awful foul throw... Referee could have saved everyone some bother and blushes and pulled it back for that.

I hate it. HATE it! The fact we have access to every game is great but the actual coverage is awful. The analysis is so dumbed down. Arlo White is a disgrace. I hate that he gets all the big games. There's no good review shows like Fox would do with The Fox Soccer Report which would come on at 10pm every night and would give time to all the teams instead of going on about the top four every chance they get.  Those Canadians had journalistic integrity.

What annoyed me most was when they initially got coverage and had some show called Pl Download. They treated it like this was the first time football was being broadcasted in America. They basicallysaid it was pointless supporting teams like Newcastle and Villa and were arse licking Man City and Chelsea. It's always about "when will Liverpool and Man Utd return to their perch?" And fuck everyone else. Fuck Rebecca Lowe, too. She's just a pair of legs and nothing else. bobby McMahon was a fantastic pundit who was less concerned with lame jokes and more focused on talking football.

Hopefully most Americans will put down their $5 dvd's and watch the league now: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/nbc-sports-agrees-to-six-year-extension-as-exclusive-home-of-premier-league-in-the-us/?utm_network=twitter&utm_post=4055073&utm_source=TW%20%40NBCSportsSoccer&utm_tags=srm%5Bsoccer%2Carticle%5D

Six more years on NBC, thankfully, distinctly the best Premier League broadcaster we've had.

NBC is awesome. They've given us every bit of ability to see any game in the PL via the web through their site, their app on android, windows, iOS, and their TV coverage via NBC, NBCSN, Extratime or other NBC affiliated networks. We're lucky as fuck to have it.

I hate it. HATE it! The fact we have access to every game is great but the actual coverage is awful. The analysis is so dumbed down. Arlo White is a disgrace. I hate that he gets all the big games. There's no good review shows like Fox would do with The Fox Soccer Report which would come on at 10pm every night and would give time to all the teams instead of going on about the top four every chance they get.  Those Canadians had journalistic integrity.

What annoyed me most was when they initially got coverage and had some show called Pl Download. They treated it like this was the first time football was being broadcasted in America. They basicallysaid it was pointless supporting teams like Newcastle and Villa and were arse licking Man City and Chelsea. It's always about "when will Liverpool and Man Utd return to their perch?" And f*** everyone else. f*** Rebecca Lowe, too. She's just a pair of legs and nothing else. bobby McMahon was a fantastic pundit who was less concerned with lame jokes and more focused on talking football.

Wow, I feel the opposite. Half of that is not having to give FOX money for watching my favorite sport, but I don't think the NBC is that bad. Some of the shows (premier league download and others) are made by the Premier League and forced into the package of any country that buys their rights. The obviously play up the rich clubs but so does the coverage in England and everywhere else. The only thing I liked about the FOX coverage was Warren Barton.

What annoyed me most was when they initially got coverage and had some show called Pl Download. They treated it like this was the first time football was being broadcasted in America. They basicallysaid it was pointless supporting teams like Newcastle and Villa and were arse licking Man City and Chelsea. It's always about "when will Liverpool and Man Utd return to their perch?" And fuck everyone else. Fuck Rebecca Lowe, too. She's just a pair of legs and nothing else. bobby McMahon was a fantastic pundit who was less concerned with lame jokes and more focused on talking football.

I think you're the only person I've heard who likes Fox more then NBC. Fox couldn't get even give us HD, or even close to every game. Eric Wynalda works them ffs, it was awful, they're studio show was just as bad if not worse. Robbie Mustoe is very fair pundit too, it's honestly the only studio show of any sport over here I can stomach. And they still air the Premier League Review Show plus their own version of Match of the Day.

They do have an annoying big club bias, which has also morphed into a weird Everton obsession and Southampton isn't far behind. But it would've been just as bad on Fox and ESPN.

Hopefully most Americans will put down their $5 dvd's and watch the league now: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/nbc-sports-agrees-to-six-year-extension-as-exclusive-home-of-premier-league-in-the-us/?utm_network=twitter&utm_post=4055073&utm_source=TW%20%40NBCSportsSoccer&utm_tags=srm%5Bsoccer%2Carticle%5D

Six more years on NBC, thankfully, distinctly the best Premier League broadcaster we've had.

NBC is awesome. They've given us every bit of ability to see any game in the PL via the web through their site, their app on android, windows, iOS, and their TV coverage via NBC, NBCSN, Extratime or other NBC affiliated networks. We're lucky as f*** to have it.

I feel like switching networks again would have set things back as well. Having it on a regular channel instead of switching every few years will help casual fans turn into regulars. That and more movies of Frodo punching Millwall fans.

NBC is awesome. They've given us every bit of ability to see any game in the PL via the web through their site, their app on android, windows, iOS, and their TV coverage via NBC, NBCSN, Extratime or other NBC affiliated networks. We're lucky as fuck to have it.

I even cut the cord recently and got rid of DirecTV and just bought Apple TV and I can still watch every game without having to mess around with LiveExtra.

I even cut the cord recently and got rid of DirecTV and just bought Apple TV and I can still watch every game without having to mess around with LiveExtra.

? confused.  Isn't the app on the Apple TV called Live Extra? Also, you still need a sub to watch using such an app, no? Using some elses?

That's all well and good and I appreciate it but their analysis and coverage is awful. They treat the viewers like simpletons. They need new presenters and pundits. A nightly round up show that covers news and rumors would be ideal. And it should be easy to do. I'm sure that'd get higher ratings than the bicycle races they usually show at that time.

Also with Fox, you'd get the saturday morning game, 10 am game and late kick off. With Fox Sports Plus you get a second 10am match. Then at 4, you'd get a tape delayed 10am game. Sunday you'd get all three games. if there's a game on Monday, you'd get that, too. So on a weekend out of 10 games, you'd have access to damn near nine games and they'd constantly be showing reruns throughout the week. I really miss that. On fox it felt like the Premier League was their franchise player where as on NBC, they're involved in so many other things, you only see football on when it's live.

? confused.  Isn't the app on the Apple TV called Live Extra? Also, you still need a sub to watch using such an app, no? Using some elses?

Yeah I'm using my parents uverse, plus have a few backup options. I imagine most people could find someone willing to let them use theirs, but that could just be a perk of coming from a stable middle class family.

It's liveextra still, but it's different than just streaming it through my laptop and mirroring the screen on my tv. Not as lagy, quality is better, and no annoying ad/black bar at the top of the screen when going fullscreen.

Agree about Arlo White, he's a disaster. The 2 Robbies piss me off and when they have a 'big 4' clash they tend to have 2 panels of pundits which is ridiculous. The fact that they cover every game is great, especially like when they show the first half highlights of all the games at half time. Maybe I needed to be here during the Fox years to fully appreciate it though. 

That's all well and good and I appreciate it but their analysis and coverage is awful. They treat the viewers like simpletons. They need new presenters and pundits. A nightly round up show that covers news and rumors would be ideal. And it should be easy to do. I'm sure that'd get higher ratings than the bicycle races they usually show at that time.

Also with Fox, you'd get the saturday morning game, 10 am game and late kick off. With Fox Sports Plus you get a second 10am match. Then at 4, you'd get a tape delayed 10am game. Sunday you'd get all three games. if there's a game on Monday, you'd get that, too. So on a weekend out of 10 games, you'd have access to damn near nine games and they'd constantly be showing reruns throughout the week. I really miss that. On fox it felt like the Premier League was their franchise player where as on NBC, they're involved in so many other things, you only see football on when it's live.

I do miss the reruns of the non-live games all weekend. I could spend my entire sunday hungover and watching as the games got progressively worse. Good times.

Fox's studio shows were fucking terrible man. I appreciate Fox was the first to really bring the sport over here after ESPN/ESPN2 used to do it wayyyyy back in the day in the mid 90's...but their studio shows have always been crap. The only time I had for Fox recently was when Warren Barton was on there and he'd be bigging up Newcastle and/or hating on Ashley and co. Fox also had some 2nd rate shit studio they used as well. It's still bad today with their Cup coverages etc.

NBC do it right, besides the Arlo "NBC" broadcast, they use the general worldwide feed and don't do anything over that. I'll take it.

Can anyone remember when Rob Lee scored the goal from his own half when we were in the first division (against Brentford iirc?).

I know there's hardly any (none?) coverage of it but I was there and can't remember why it was disallowed........

Was it a foul in the build up or offside?

I think it's probably the best non-goal I've ever seen.

Yes it was Brentford. Had blew for an offside in our favour iirc which made it even more frustrating.

I like Arlo White.

How?

He's not watching the match if it makes sense. He's trying to appeal to the masses every chance he gets. He's very similar to Michael Cole. Last year, he was paired with Jim Beglin who was talking about tactics and White couldn't keep up. He's far too concerned with being relatable than calling the game. He also will do this speed talking thing where he describes everything going on for when the ball approaches the box as if people are blind and then won't speak when the ball is anywhere else on the field. A total nonse. I fucking hate him and many people I've spoken to agree.

I like Arlo White.

As do I, he's solid.

NBC pisses all over Fox. It's going to be an absolute travesty having to watch the next few WCs on Fox, with their fucking dogshit team of analysts  (Barton aside).

Fox's studio shows were fucking terrible man. I appreciate Fox was the first to really bring the sport over here after ESPN/ESPN2 used to do it wayyyyy back in the day in the mid 90's...but their studio shows have always been crap. The only time I had for Fox recently was when Warren Barton was on there and he'd be bigging up Newcastle and/or hating on Ashley and co. Fox also had some 2nd rate shit studio they used as well. It's still bad today with their Cup coverages etc.

NBC do it right, besides the Arlo "NBC" broadcast, they use the general worldwide feed and don't do anything over that. I'll take it.

I LOVED Fox Sports World Report. The presenters were a little corny and not the best looking but I forgot that once they started to talk. You could tell they were serious about the job and had done their research. Bobby McMahon was excellent with his weekend previews and reviews.

Their pre match studio show may have had bad production values but it wasn't bad. In fact, I can't really remember it. I recall the game just coming on and there being a voice over from Nick Webster or Keith Costigan where they'd give you the startling lineups and a little team news. Shows like Fox Football Phone in was quite good, too. I'd take Fox over NBC because they treated football like it was a primary sport. There wasn't any fluff like there is now. Also they had Dream Team , random documenteries and Premier League Archives, which Newcastle would be on quite frequently

I honestly can't fathom how someone misses Fox's coverage compared to what NBC has done the last 2+ years. It's night and day. They've made the Premier League feel like an event every weekend. On Fox it felt like some secret channel that might also show darts and eating contests late at night.

The second paragraph makes no sense. You're reminiscing about tape delayed games, reruns, and Fox Sports Plus. Barely anybody had that channel and the app/site sucked. We now have every single game live in HD on TV or any other device you want it.

The fact they've renewed for six more years is fantastic news.

I honestly can't fathom how someone misses Fox's coverage compared to what NBC has done the last 2+ years. It's night and day. They've made the Premier League feel like an event every weekend. On Fox it felt like some secret channel that might also show darts and eating contests late at night.

The second paragraph makes no sense. You're reminiscing about tape delayed games, reruns, and Fox Sports Plus. Barely anybody had that channel and the app/site sucked. We now have every single game live in HD on TV or any other device you want it.

The fact they've renewed for six more years is fantastic news.

NBC SN's listing for TODAY.... http://www.nbcsports.com/tv-listings

Swimming, motocross, Golf, Volleyball.  Those sports are far closer to the things you listed than what FSC showed which was only football. That's not late night, that's on right now.

And yes, I do miss turning on the TV anytime and catching a football game I may have missed from the weekend.

I appreciate the every game thing but the coverage has gone backwards.

Love that NBC is sticking around. Every network has commentators and analysts I find annoying, but honestly, that's why mute buttons exist. (Never had much of a problem with Arlo, for what it's worth.) I couldn't imagine going back to the tape delay days at this point.

Though I do wish NBC would fix their web streams. Every time I've had to use them for some reason, the video has been pretty jerky, and it's got a weird aspect ratio when you put it in fullscreen mode.