Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

A lot of successful teams need slightly above average players who work hard, understand tactical issues well and can come ito do a job.

I think Chelsea missed a trick with Kalou. A player like him is useful who is more or less happy to be a substitute and fill-in when needed. Mikel does a vital job of that at the moment.

Especially useful with managers who like to rotate. Very difficult to keep more than 14 players happy who demand first team football.

Can no one say anything without you weighing in with your clear as day insight man? :lol: Can you not just let it rest that someone thinks that a player like Delph isn't good enough for a team like Man City? I don't even necessarily disagree with your point, it's just that I know it already and still have my opinion, you're not informing me with new info.

It's more that you perceive my posts in this light. I've simply shared an opinion that contradicts yours. I don't care about the point itself, let alone whether you're going to change your opinion. My posts reflect my opinion, if you respond - i'll consider your opinion or further explain my initial post if the feeling takes me.

This is a forum... a place to talk and share ideas. If you don't like my posts, don't read em.

Mehhhh....yeah, fair enough on this occasion. Still knew that all already and still think Delph isn't good enough though.

That's disappointing, I once did a tour of undiscovered Spain (Sergovia, Toledo, Burgos, Bilboa and a few other places and the tour guide said that there was loads of teams in Spain that only pick players from a certain area, must have been talking a load of s****.

Sociedad did to a certain extent until recently, didn't they?

Edit: Til Aldridge :lol:

When I went to Barcelona a few years ago I only saw one Espanyol shirt the whole time I was there, worn by a lady working in a butchers. Is the ratio of fans the most lop sided in any city in world football?

Raul Tamudo the greatest Catalan striker? Interesting.

The North East is positively fertile in comparison.

Not many regions in the world will have produced a better striker than Alan Shearer.

We've always been better with midfielders, anyway: Guardiola, Busquets, Xavi, Fàbregas...

When I went to Barcelona a few years ago I only saw one Espanyol shirt the whole time I was there, worn by a lady working in a butchers. Is the ratio of fans the most lop sided in any city in world football?

The Spanish public survey agency made recently a study of club followings throughout Spain. According to them, in the Barcelona area it was something of a 25:1 ratio.

There's actually more Real Madrid fans in Barcelona than Espanyol fans. Comfortably so.

The Spanish public survey agency made recently a study of club followings throughout Spain. According to them, in the Barcelona area it was something of a 25:1 ratio.

There's actually more Real Madrid fans in Barcelona than Espanyol fans. Comfortably so.

25 to 1 is mental. :lol:

They have been languishing under financial duress since the late 90s, when they were forced to sell their stadium (and it was a bad sale, too). They have been crippled with debt and lack of revenue because they didn't own a stadium until they built Cornellà-El Prat. They operate on a shoestring, and even with their diminished fanbase they should still be one of the 7-8 richest clubs in the country. Theirs is a story of chronic mismanagement and short-termism.

They have a decent board now. Building their own stadium should help in the long term, but it has crippled them in the short one. The residential developments that were attached to the deal didn't pan out because of the big real state crash in Spain. They have been unlucky, but in 4-5 years they should stabilize. Their challenge is keeping a decent fanbase until then; the attendances have been constantly dropping for the past years.

Ralph Milne, former Dundee United and Manchester United left winger has died aged 54.

I remember him at Charlton before Taggart signed him back when they were shit. Taggart hadn't cleared out the renowned pissheads by this time, the only successful signing he'd made for them by then was Brian McClair, and Milne, as I remember was distinctly mediocre for them.

Still, 54 is no age. RIP.

Milne is actually pretty respected by Manchester United fans while being, as you said, distinctly mediocre. I imagine that's mainly because while Fergie was criticised for the signing, he actually defended Milne and said he was an asset. I was too young to know for myself really.

RIP.

VI would be able to clarify but from my understanding (what I've read) its true.

The book Fear And Loathing In La Liga by Sid Lowe covers the rivalry and popularity really well, with La Roja as a complimentary book it basically gives you lots of information on both. 

My parents live in Southern Valencia region and there's a Barca supporters bar in the town.