Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

:thup: Although I agree with the sentiment and the "bright lights" of London argument (see Remy) I also believe that another London factor has caused our demise, Ashley. Neville touched on it briefly by talking about the disconnect between owner, manager and fans, but I believe with an ambitious Owner in the mould of Hall when he first took over would see us still fighting near the top.

The main trouble is the money and never has it been truer than today that you speculate to accumulate and the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. There's so much money sloshing round at the top that makes it nay on impossible to challenge without finding the perfect chemistry between manager and players at a lower budget.

With Ashley in charge and his two-bit football-retarded MD we have absolutely no chance of stumbling across the perfect formula. Our mighty messiah will turn us into that which "he saved us from" the next Leeds or even Hull, we should be so lucky to be as good as Wednesday.

With Hall and Keegan we had vision and ambition and yes maybe some delusions of grandeur but we gave it a shot, we defied all the odds and we stood toe to toe with the best the country had to offer, that's why we could entice the players away from London. Who wants to play for "let's aim for 8th but top 10 would be awesome"? Who wants to play for the mighty McClaren?

London didn't take it away from us Ashley did.

Guest firetotheworks

The arbitrary formation based on the list of players that have performed best that week is the least insane thing about Crooks like.

Crooks has such a weird intensity to him. He reminds me of this guy.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/03/article-1210923-00A70D241000044C-73_233x539.jpg

He's currently in Broadmoor for eating someone's brain. I fully expect a similarly violent meltdown from Crooks at some point.

Was the owner of the brain Crooks himself?