Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Isn't that an old Liverpool shirt too?

Why are we talking about this.

Because everything else has been done to death. That's what happens when you bring no signings in.

Isn't that an old Liverpool shirt too?

Why are we talking about this.

The knob jockeys* have run out of hilarious wrestling gifs/pics?

*Apologies to Liverpool Football Club, please don't ban me from Anfield :(

Former England star Kenny Sansom has revealed that he is homeless.

The Arsenal legend, who won 86 caps for his country, has admitted that has hit rock bottom after years of struggling with alcohol problems.

Sansom, 54, has been sleeping on a park bench and despite a brief stay with his elder sister, he disappeared again on Tuesday.

Troubles: Kenny Sansom has struggled with alcohol and gambling since retiring

In an interview with The Sun, he said: 'I've been living homeless for 10 days.

'That's because I've got no money, I'm a drunk, I'm feeling not very well and I'm a gambler. I've been living on the street. It's not good living on the bench.

Sansom, who is England's second most-capped full-back after Ashley Cole, has been drinking SEVEN bottles of rose wine each day, according to The Sun.

Happier times: Sansom celebrates Arsenal's League Cup triumph. He released his book (right) in 2008

The newspaper reports that he had just a pay-as-you-go phone, an Oyster travel card and £20 in cash when they spoke to him

After earning around £1,200 per week and living in a £1million mansion during his playing career - which saw him play for England at the 1982 and 1986 World Cups - Sansom blew his fortune on booze and betting.

Sansom, who is divorced from his wife Elaine, has sold most of his England caps in his descent into alcoholism.

In his 2008 autobiography 'To Cap It All.. My Story', Sansom explained how he visited the bookies most days.

He then spent every afternoon in the pub drinking and playing snooker - earning the nickname 'Mr Chablis' along the way.

Learning of the news, Sansom’s former manager at Arsenal, George Graham, said: ‘He was a fantastic player under me when I was manager of Arsenal and he has over 80 caps for England.  He was a model professional and it is very, very sad to hear that news. I am really surprised. I haven’t heard from Kenny for quite a while. I think the last time I saw him was on Sky television, working away. So it comes as big surprise.

‘I think he should get in touch with the PFA because they are usually very supportive when players get into problems like Kenny obviously has. I am sure that Gordon Taylor, like he has with many players in the past, will be very willing to help Kenny.

Shocked: Arsenal manager George Graham (right), here holding the League trophy with captain Tony Adams, said he was shocked by the news

‘It seems some people can handle success and some people can’t. Tony Adams is connected with the Sporting Chance clinic that helps ex-professionals. If I was Kenny I would get in touch with these people who I am sure will help him get out of the difficulties he finds himself in at present.

‘I am sure there will be a lot of people, myself included, who would be willing to help him. But I think he has got to contact these bodies first, the PFA and the other bodies that run football who I am sure would be only too pleased to help him.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2382340/Kenny-Sansom-reveals-hes-HOMELESS-years-boozing-gambling.html#ixzz2aiHPx02Z

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Shocking stuff. Alcoholism and gambling, bad combo.

I find the pervasive advertising of gambling really disturbing. its literally everywhere.

My youngest was saying the same just last week, she wondered how it could be allowed to promote it so much, when so many have problems with it and times being so hard as they are. Virtually every ad break has one on at some point. Coupled with sponsorship, Just seems wrong to me.

Would love to see a sober society? Must be fun round your way.  :lol:

Just because relatively a handful of people can't handle their lives and use drugs and alcohol to prop it up doesn't mean the rest of society can't enjoy responsibly.

Just because relatively a handful of people can't handle their lives and use drugs and alcohol to prop it up doesn't mean the rest of society can't enjoy responsibly.

Not suggesting they shouldnt either. hence the not supporting a ban otr censorship or prohibition either.

Alcohol is a depressant. it is addictive and destroys many, many lives.

Enjoyed responsibly it can be fun..I have and do drink. Now, very rarely though.

Just commenting on what govts and socieites should be actively promoting really. Bit like smoking. Would not support a ban, but make it as difficult as possible to partake. Actively promote cessation, help for those addicted,comntinued health improvement and as a society I think we would all benefit.

Purely from a capitalist point of view, a healthy and longer living population increases productivity and you would think hence profits.

From a humanitarian point of view, ridding people of addictions and dependancy would seem a logical postive thing to encourage as a society.

Alcohol is also a good way of controlling the population imo. "religion is the opium of the masses"...well nowadays so is actual opium and alcohol...

Tell that to the SNP!