Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Lineker is top bracket.  Brilliant on twitter as well.

I get the impression that Lawro was a man who knew that his time was coming to an end last season.  Did not give a fuck and was awesome for it.

A rare couple of points on which I agree with on. Seems a genuinely funny and witty bloke.

And Lawro is just funny as fuck.

I think someone may have finally clocked on to how useless he is during the confederations cup. The dude was in sunny brazil watching some quality football while getting paid and he couldn't give a fuck :lol: sounded like he wanted to top himself the whole time.

Guest neesy111

His live commentary is ridiculous.  Always tries a cliche every couple of mins, while sounding like he couldn't care less.

Ofcourse he's being pushed out.  He isn't going to quit a million a year contract.

Think he's still gonna be involved with MOTD2 etc and 5Live, so unless they've renegotiated surely it has to have been his decision?

Unless it's a rolling yearly contract of course.

Reports that Coventry City have been liquidated, street parties organised in Sunderland.

What's the story between them?

Think it goes back to 1977 where on the final day of the season Coventry or Sunderland could be relegated. Coventry needed to better Sunderlands result and Jimmy Hill who was a director at Coventry at the time delayed their kick off by 10 minutes due to heavy traffic, the Sunderland result then flashed up on the scoreboard which showed they'd lost to Everton 2-0. The Coventry game then turned into a bit of a friendly for the last 10 minutes and they got the draw they needed to stay up.

It went to the FA but Hill got off with it and now Sunderland hate Jimmy Hill and Coventry.

Good on the lad, I say. Sometimes players don't truly come into their own until your throw them into the deep end; something we don't do quite often enough IMO. It's just a question of are we throwing the right kid in? Hopefully so.

I haven't seen enough to comment.... i do agree with this though.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 14m

Intrigued by replies. A lot asking about Santon. Surely the position should go to the player performing better? If that's Dummett so be it

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 13m

Think that was the problem last year. Too many knew they'd be starting regardless of performances. That's never good.

I haven't seen enough to comment.... i do agree with this though.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 14m

Intrigued by replies. A lot asking about Santon. Surely the position should go to the player performing better? If that's Dummett so be it

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 13m

Think that was the problem last year. Too many knew they'd be starting regardless of performances. That's never good.

Yep agree with this, if someone is performing better, then they should be in the team, simple as really, no point playing someone who is in bad form, just because he is a so called big name.

Would be nice if one of our youth products came good

:thup:

If he is the best performing left back at the moment he deserves to start.

Imagine US having trouble trying to keep good full backs happy :lol: